Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NaNoWriMo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: NaNoWriMo Reply with quote

It has begun. If you head to my site, you can find it under the Stories section. (Haven't done any other updates - not even to the main page.)

So, if you're interested, see what my first 2,463 words were.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone's actually folowing this story I'm writing, I've got up to Chapter 4 posted. What's posted comes to over 11,000 words, but I actually have close to 13,000 words done. (Chapter(s) at the end of the book.)
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've got posted up to Chapter 6 now. If you happen to have actually been reading this story (which doesn't seem likely, based on responses on FH and here), then you will probably want to go back to the beginning, since I rewrote the prologue completely. (One of the characters decided she didn't like her personality and chose to change it on me during writing.)

Actually, it's now prologues. Two of 'em.

I'm still on track, word-wise, too. Need 26,667 by midnight tonight, and that means that I had to write at least 1,510 words in chapter 7. SInce I'm already over 1,800 words in that chapter, and I've only just begun...I think I'm safe. Smile

Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, K. - Sorry I haven't been posting, but my available time has been nada - did some refiguring last night (it's listed in my LJ), and I realized that I need to aim for about 10,000 words a day. Ack...
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10K words a DAY? How flippin' fast do you type?

I'm managing about 3K to 5K when I really get going...but the closest I got was on that push to get caught up, when I managed 7,600+. And went to bed at 3:30 AM, when I needed to get up at 7 AM...

10K? *stands and salutes*

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW:

The count is at 32,439.

Chapter 7, with is over 7,000 words is up.

No, the story's not done.

No, I'm not saying whether that's the last time for that specific...well, go read it, and you'll understand.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't updated you here for a while. I'm at roughly 48,000 words. I should cross the line tonight, although it might not be until tomorrow.

I have up to Chapter 11 posted at http://www.fur-haven.com/~fawkesfyre until I get kinsfire.net back up and running - DNS propogation, doncha know...

Really gotta get my PF site updated, too...

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not yet updated kinsfire.org yet, but I did want to announce that as of the end of Chapter 12, I had reached 50,671 words. This includes as yet unposted chapters, which still actually need a rewrite (which will increaswe their size, not diminish them.)

I have successfully written a small novel in the span of a month. Go me!

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My NaNoWriMo novel is finished, and came in at 53,961 words.

You can find it at my Fur-Haven site ( www.fur-haven.com/~fawkesfyre/ ), at www.kinsfire.org (gotta wait for some changes to happen before kinsfire.net and kinsfire.com come online...), and finally, I've updated my PF mirror! Yay! So you can also go to www.planetfurry.com/~kinsfire as well!

It's done, and now I can move on to other things. Like Trixie, or my own Harry Potter story. I haven't forgotten my GD story, or Serina either, don't worry.

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And an incredible read it is, too. <Salutes> Well done, Kinsfire. (Now I just have to bring my own to a conclusion...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: