Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site/Forum?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have a site without a forum. Concolor does.

While there is way too little discussion about the stories, I don't think your forum should be scrapped. Quite a few of the stories on it don't have any other place where they could be discussed.

But you could make a "Story Update" thread and only make one post there, at least for the regular Saturday updates.

elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeap, you can have the site without the forum, but it's up to you if you want it to be removed.

I think it should stay up.

Bearion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

My best answer is: Do what is best for you. The service you provide with the Book Shelf is tremendous, and not a little time consuming. Having to manage a forum as well might be too much to ask from anybody.

That said, I think the suggestion from Nameless to keep the updates to one thread has merit. The other threads can be story specific and be watched by the story author if they so choose.

Bottom line: if doing both isn't fun, cut back to what IS fun.

Bearion

PS: The obvious suggestion to double what we pay you entails too much paperwork as Zero-Sum forms are hard to come by. Perhaps next fiscal year when budgets ... <zerrrk! Thud!>

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: