Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Furry Drawing Questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:15 am    Post subject: Furry Drawing Questions... Reply with quote

Alright dudes, i have a plan, iŽll be posting some more basic stuff as time allows, BUT, if you have any questions, please post them, iŽll contact you back and weŽll work something out, iŽd also like to know your inquiries before moving up to other lessons, ok? well, catch you later!
caspian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxx,

in your 101 Drawing lession ( finnal did it ) i can draw the picture but i can not make the shading or shadows work quite right. Sorry i dont have a scanner to show you what i mean.

Casp

Toric

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have trouble with some of the finer details, usually proportioning bits of the anatomy right. Hands and faces are my worst.

I'm fairly confident in my ability to draw non-human things, like ferals and dragons, but the human form is difficult...

I also tend to lack the patience to draw the circles and whatnot beforehand, and the few times I have, it's been such a hassle to get those lines to erase properly... I also don't have the money to purchase quality drawing supplies. I'm limited to standard 8.5x11 binder paper and #2 pencils or .5mm mechanical pencils. I do have a box of crayola colored pencils though...
James

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toric wrote:
I also tend to lack the patience to draw the circles and whatnot beforehand
I don't use them for the most part. I start with a stick figure skeleton and draw the body on top of that.

Quote:
it's been such a hassle to get those lines to erase properly
a couple of possible solutions: use a harder pencil (2H or 3H) or ease up on the drawing pressure. I'm heavy handed and have the same problem with lines that won't erase. You can tell if you're heavy handed by placing a sheet of paper under your drawing page. If you leave an outline on the second sheet, try relaxing and using less pencil pressure.

Quote:
I also don't have the money to purchase quality drawing supplies. I'm limited to standard 8.5x11 binder paper and #2 pencils or .5mm mechanical pencils. I do have a box of crayola colored pencils though.
I would suggest regular copy paper for your drawing surface. It's good for sketch work and takes inks fairly well if you don't erase a whole lot. I suggest the following items that you can get from Wal-mart: A gum eraser ($0.48 each), several vinyl erasers ($1.49 for three) a pack of drawing pencils ($6.95) and some 20 lb copy paper ($3.50 a ream). For inking, a pack of 2 black ink Zig pens, 01 and 05 sizes, ($2.49) will suffice. A clipboard is a handy drawing surface. Crayola color pencils are perfecly fine for beginners and are used by Jessica Willard for her artwork.
andy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Paws and Feet Reply with quote

Greetings,
This is the lost guy formerly know as Andy Bear. I really really suck at getting paws and feet right, was woundering if anyone has any ideas. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cirrel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Paws and Feet Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Greetings,
This is the lost guy formerly know as Andy Bear. I really really suck at getting paws and feet right, was woundering if anyone has any ideas. Thanks

The paws go on the top limbs and the feet go on the bottom ones. Very Happy

Seriously, the biggest problem I see with newbie drawings of paws and feet are that every finger and toe is drawn out completely. It looks like they're spread out on a flat surface. Ya gotta remember, paws and feet are rarely, if ever, in this position. Portions of fingers/toes in back are hidden by fingers/toes in front. What you DON't draw is as imortant as what you DO draw.

Also, alot of folks make 'em too small. The length of a fully extended hand from the base of the thumb to the tip of the fingers is 2/3ds the length of the whole forearm!

Cirrel
Smoky Joe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Smoky Joe holds his own hand up to his arm*
Wow! I never realized that! That's great! No wonder I was making hands that looked so stubby. Thanks a bunch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: