Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gone Wylde
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:58 pm    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

I'm finally taking the time to read this rather excellent story, and I almost hurt myself laughing a minute ago, when I came across Chapter 4's reference to the wardrobe. Gee, I wonder why she'd get nervous?

Nicely done!

(I think I was the first to catch Rava's reference in her Chapter 1...but I think I'm the only male I know who read those books...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 9:05 pm    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

"...the only male I know..."

Well, with that stipulation, I'll let it pass.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 9:46 pm    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

A fellow Trixie Belden fan? Wonderful!

I remember in school introducing a couple of the girls to it, then a few months later, they refused to admit that a boy had actually led them to the stories...I had to laugh...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:23 am    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Most excellent timing, old chap. I just finished reading chapter 9 this morning! (Hey - I'm still unemployed, and I'm waiting to be called for interviews. What better thing to do than read?)
Galadrion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 2:57 am    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Well, extending it to the real world - primates are often considered food animals in the areas to which they are native. They aren't particularly sought after, since mostly they're ferociously strong for their size - which translates to fairly tough, stringy meat - but they do wind up on the menu. Now, how much would the thought of chowing down on ham of gorilla or chimp stew upset you? I'm willing to bet that it varies from reader to reader - which is pretty much what a furry's reactions would do. Some would be highly disturbed. Some wouldn't be much affected - "it's part of nature, so it's no big deal". And some (this is the disturbing part to me, but I can't avoid it) would probably take some atavistic thrill in the notion.

Brr. That suggests some story ideas I'd rather not see. I'll not go into explicit detail, but imagine combining this line of thought with the mindsets profiled in Shirh Khan's "Interlude". *shudder*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 1:42 am    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Hmm... Yes, Galadrion, that last bit does produce some interesting connotations... ...and I'm not sure I want to dewll on those... :6
Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 1:24 pm    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Definitely. I had nightmares last night. If anyone out there does write a piece including this theme, I'd appreciate some warning. That's one I DON'T want to read. Shirh Khan got away with it - barely - but this is over my line.
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Glass-edged blades, huh? Interesting... But they sound like they'd be almost as dangerous to the user as to the target...

Hmm... I saw the plot arc coming from a mile off as of the last few chapters, but it still caught me by surprise. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. I daresay there will be some very angry furs appearring in the next chapter...
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Not glass, crystalized metal. I've seen articles about this, and e-mailed Clint, and he's extrapolating from RL materials here. (More up-to-date than the ones I had seen, in fact.) So, while those blades are not currently available, their development is a matter of incremental advances and not a new breakthrough.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pflarrian:
It'll be interesting to see what happens next. I daresay there will be some very angry furs appearring in the next chapter...

Heh, more than one group of them. Consider that Lee's position at this time is more or less analogous to "Joe's" at the time of my story; don't you think the Federal "Alphabet Agency" furs will be descending en masse, as well as the locals getting upset about an attempt to kill Emily?

thoughtfully,
Cateagle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Interesting discussions. Very, VERY interesting.

This is my first time visiting this forum, in that I did not know of its existence, and may I say that there appear to be some mind readers out there. Yes, I have been dropping various hints and clues concerning possible dietary idiosyncracies between the species. And, yes, it can create awkward situations from time to time. There are restaurants that cater to most of these niche markets. We just haven't gotten that far yet.

As pertains to the topic of diet and the Knights . . . well, as I said, some of you seem to be mind readers. Or high-caliber sleuths. All I'll say is: wait for Chapter 14. Then you can decide for yourself.

As Pflarrian mentioned, the cobalt glass blades COULD be something of a danger to an inexperienced user. But that doesn't describe Lee or Debbye. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will send you a link to the INEEL website concerning the recent development of commercially viable glass steel. I found it fascinating, but then I'm a geek.

Thanks for taking the time to read my scribbles. I'm getting a major kick out of writing it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Definitely include me in that distro list - I don't think I've located the specific articles, and I'm seriously interested.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Same here. That sounds incredebly interesting
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 3:07 pm    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Being an avowed technogeek myself, with a mania for the printed page (and that includes printing on a mopnitor's screen), I also would be VERY interested in such info...if only for some of my RPG's...*evil grin*
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:18 pm    Post subject: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Clint W McInnes:
Interesting. I had rather imagined, considering the 'departure' from the norm in Chapter Thirteen, that there would be at least SOME comment.

But apparently not.

I am curious to know what you all think, though. Can I have a hint?

The first reaction that comes to mind is "fascinating!". The scond reaction is "Oh, there's going to be an interesting time when this element interescts with the other story lines."

Cheers,
Cateagle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 1 of 79

Jump to: