Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A pen for PC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Shocked You big fraud!!! j/k Razz it's far better then could do I'm sure, eh I just might pick up Poser and give it a try Confused

SHHHH heheheh Wink . you can down load the Poser5 manual at curiouslabs.com and check to see if its worth learning.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
RefaelBA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel wrote:
RefaelBA wrote:
Well, 350$ is pretty expensive. Say, does the pen deliver data to the PC, or the pad? Or both? Or does it depends on the specific item?
Very Happy

Basically, a graphics pad is a cursor pointing device just like a mouse, only you hold and move the stylus like a pen. The pad picks up the stylus position and relays that information to the computer.It works like that with any program. Some programs like photoshop, however, are designed to take advantage of some of the other features graphics pads have to offer, such as the tilt angle of the stylus and how much pressure is being applied to the point. For instance, if I press harder on my pad, I'll get a darker, wider line than if I press lightly. In that way, it simulates a real pen.

Cirrel

Thanks. But, does it work fast? I mean, isn't there are delay between your moves and the movement of the screen?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RefaelBA wrote:

Thanks. But, does it work fast? I mean, isn't there are delay between your moves and the movement of the screen?

Response time can depend on the speed of your computer and it's on-board memory. Graphics programs use a lot. Also, pad sensitivity and response can be set using the control panel, just like special 'intelligent' mouse features. I've got a 2.6 ghz CPU with 1 gig of memory and I only see response lag when I have more than 3 big drawings open at the same time. Response time may vary with the different graphics programs too depending on how many resourses they're using.

Usually with one drawing I've no responce problems (as long as it doesn't have umpteen-zillion layers Smile ).

Cirrel
Kayngi
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snigger. I really need a new computer...and a graphics program...and a graphics pad... Le'Sigh.
Den Mother of PF

I got ART
http://kayngi.deviantart.com/
http://kayngi.sheezyart.com
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to be able to afford one of the pads that Wacom makes that has the screen built in. In other words, if you're used to looking at the paper as you're drawing, well, that's what you're doing there.

One of the Tablet PC's might work for that as well...

Yeah, I'm a gadget freak...how'd you know? Laughing

Kinsfire

Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Poser 5, Paint Shop Pro 7 and Photoshop and I have an Aiptek HP12000U digitizer which is 12x12 and only cost $150. I have a Wacom 4x5 also. The Aiptek works quite well and has better resolution than the latest Wacoms. The pen is a bit on the big side and requires a battery compared to the slim and unpowered Wacom pens but a 12x12 in a Wacom is in the $800 range.

Sculptor, artist and writer.

Be sure to read my stories
http://www.cableone.net/kathmandu/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> CG Furry Art All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: