Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Wings webpage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalimu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: From the Wings webpage Reply with quote

Does "From the Wings" have a new web address? The old one no longer exists, and doing a cursory search on Rava Purr's website I couldn't find it there either.

(Yes, I know it's available from Raccoon's Bookshelf, but I'm not all that enamored of pdf files and prefer the html version if possible.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: From the Wings webpage Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
Does "From the Wings" have a new web address? The old one no longer exists, and doing a cursory search on Rava Purr's website I couldn't find it there either.

(Yes, I know it's available from Raccoon's Bookshelf, but I'm not all that enamored of pdf files and prefer the html version if possible.)

Well, *G*, I'm working on that (ask Mike about tutoring me on Composer). Seriously, I am working on it and hope to have at least a "place holder" up shortly for Cateagle's Aerie. In the meantime, all chapters through 4.2 are currently available on anthrofiction.com. Stephen has 4.3 but has yet to post it - probably a good thing since Rava's changes will, of necessity, ripple through From The Wings.

The new site will have the story available in both section and full chapter forms - the later for those with higher speed connections Smile

Rava made an announcement before she left that the redesign of her site would not carry From The Wings because Mike had it. This was/is admittedly a spur to setting up my own site(s). Eventually plans are for a gallery and a few other surprises.

As to status, between some personal problems which I'll keep to myself, a spat of illness, and recent Sturm und drang on several fronts, 4.4 is moving slowly (I'm some 4 pages into it; not that bad a situation, really, as it doesn't require any revisions to match Rava's changes) as I also try and get something written for Maxx's "Rune" contest. I've a good concept for that latter one and it will explain a few things in the present time. I also haven't forgotten the Mach Angels storyverse discussed here a good while ago. <pokes IR, I do need that logo> There will be more on this at a later date.

I hope that answers your questions for now.

Cheers,
Cateagle

Last edited by Cateagle on Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
He's actually quite brite for a engineer. Twisted Evil Laughing

*LOL* "I resemble that remark" That's because I was trained back when product, not theory, was held to be more important. I've read your rant elsewhere on the lack of "common sense" in way too much engineering and I agree.

Cheers,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Minor Update Reply with quote

Worked with Composer a bit more tonight, getting a better feel for how to organize things. Also worked with WS_FTP and have verified that I do have connections to the eventual location(s) of my site (thanks, Maxx, for your help).

I don't promise anything, but matters do seem to be moving apace.

Cheers,
Cateagle

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Get your camera's ready for a possible rare appearence of the dreadded Cateagle.

Cool

<theme from "Jaws"> "He's Back!!!" </theme>

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me add a note here, if you want the original version of my Chapter 4.3 of "From The Wings", you'd best get it from Mike. Since Rava's site already has up her revised Chapter 3, which my 4.3 intertwines with, the 4.3 that will go up on "Cateagle's Aerie" will be revised to match.

Helpfully,
Cateagle

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Too late.

The revised 4.3 has just ben placed on the shelf.

Okay, folks. If you want the original version of 4.3, you'll have to email me. You'd be surprised at just how extensive my files are.

Cateagle

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allrighty, I've got a place holder in there now, but it's mine and not the generic one. I learned a few things in the process that'll help me later on.

Cheers,
Cateagle

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a weekend of working on not much else, I've had the beta test version looked over by a few and I really need to go in and do some cleanup in the story files (curse you MS Word) but it is coming along rather nicely
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Regarding Cleanup Reply with quote

The in-depth nature of the editing as I do the clean-up allows me to find and fix a number of little errors. How some ever, I doubt I'll find them all. So, I'm going to stick my neck out here; if you've found or know of anything that needs correcting in the so-far released story, please email the corrections to me.

Thanks,
Cateagle

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should note that while what I've found in the intensive editing is mainy typos, there are a few minor tweaks that make what will be on my site(s) the most accurate version of the story so far.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Error-Catching Reply with quote

I want to thank those who have reported errors in the existing story. They have been corrected for the website and will get picked up to correct the pdf files. Oh, mwalimu, that one was in 2.2, not 2.1. Things appear to be on track for finishing the initial site this coming weekend.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: GRAND OPENING!!! Reply with quote

There's just a little html tweaking to be done and Cateagle's Aerie will be open for business. Like any new business, there'll still be areas where construction is going on, but the basic site and the corrected "From The Wings" will be there in both full chapter and the original chapter installment versions. While the Gallery is one of those areas mentioned above, the initial site will include art by our own Cirrel and Ryan Fox and by squirrelperson, who isn't active here. The grand opening will be sometime this weekend.

In that regard:

SHAMELESS HUSTLING FOR ART
Artists are invited to contribute celebratory art for this event. *G* If further reason is needed, well *G*, my birthday is one week after Mike's and I'll be 52.

Finally, I especially want to thank Mike Regan and Iron Raptor for the prompt and valuable assistance as I put this site together.

Cheers,
Cateagle

mwalimu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Error-Catching Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Oh, mwalimu, that one was in 2.2, not 2.1.

Oh, my bad. (Where did that expression originate anyhow?) At any rate, nice to see the new site coming along.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Error-Catching Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
Oh, mwalimu, that one was in 2.2, not 2.1.

Oh, my bad. (Where did that expression originate anyhow?) At any rate, nice to see the new site coming along.

Not to worry. You provided enough info that I was able to "FIND" it in the complete chapter, change it, and then import that change into the appropriate chapter installment. I think you'll like how the site's laid out.

Cheers,
Cateagle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: