Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Sing His Own Praises
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob looked up curiously at her as he clasped the hammer's handle, dragging it with him along with the body behind him.

"Weasels? Cowards? You do realize I am a ferret, don't you? That's not exactly far away from them as genus goes," Rob said as his shoulder sagged under the hammer's weight. "Damn, this thing's heavy."

He presented the hammer to the Vixen and sat down next to her, leaving the brigand's body just off to the side as he looked at her shoulder.

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Far enough to make... a difference..." she said, struggling to keep her thoughts ordered.

She smiled weakly as Rob presented the hammer.

"Thank you... just drop it... or if you really want... hook it, as well as... the other, to my... belt... argh, blasted arrow."

The vixen took a few deep breaths.

"Okay... pull the arrow out in... the direction of the shot... and then apply this balm..." she instructed, and pointed to the metal container in front of her. "It will hurt like... mad, but that way... the wound stays clean... until I can see... a healer."

Current GB rating: 3750 GP (Silver Axe)
Current Guild Rating: 10/20

Beware... My battlecry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, I have some knowledge of wounds myself," Rob said as he grasped the arrow's shaft just below the head, getting a firm grip and holding her shoulder. "This is going to hurt. A LOT."

And did it ever. He was able to pull it out in one swift stroke, but the way the arrowhead was shaped it tore the wound open a bit further, aggravating it severely.

"Damn. Hooked arrowheads. Designed to cause more damage on the way out than in," Rob observed as he looked it over and tossed it aside, setting down the missle with the rest of it's owner's. "I don't think the balm alone will do the trick..."

Rob thought a moment as he looked the wound over, nodding after a moment's reflection.

"It needs to be sealed first. Otherwise the balm won't be effective on a spiral cut like this," Rob explained as he blew across two of his fingers, reciting a small spell under his breath.

Those two fingertips then glowed red as the hottest coals, nearly white, a familiar color to any who've seen a talented blacksmith at work.

"Sorry, but this is probably going to hurt even MORE than pulling the arrow out," Rob apologized in advance, allowing her to brace herself before pressing the figners into the very surface of the wound, the heat burning the skin and fur and immediately causing the wound to close up over with hard, flaky scab.

To counter-act the pain that Ellani was clearly going through, according to her scream, Rob cast a spell and immediately placed another two fingers on the spot, these ones colder than the hardest iceflow in the greater north. This caused pain as well, but the relief brought more than made up for it as steam came up from the spot.

"Ah, there we go..." Rob nodded slowly as the spells faded on his hands, allowing him to begin to apply the balm. "Sorry about that pain, but that'll ensure your shoulder heals correctly. You probably won't even have to go to a healer at all."

"This is PNN".

Last edited by Joshua Fox on Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellani was breathing heavily, trying to keep her consciousness from being flooded by a wave of searing hot pain.

"That's... quite alright..." she gasped, most of her muscles standing as taut as lute's strings.

After several minutes, as the pain abated to a more tolerable level, she relaxed, an appreciative smile creeping across her muzzle.

"Robert, thank you," the vixen said in a warm tone, "how long do you reckon before I can start using that arm decently?"

Beware... My battlecry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hard to say. Everyone heals differently," Rob said as he took his large handkerchief and tied it around her shoulder and armpit, his eyebrows piquing as he noticed it just barely reached around her muscles. "With your body, I think it should be fine and dandy by the time we reach the city. Just try not to move it too much if you can, stretching the shoulder too much might make the wound open up again."

Rob made sure the knots were just tight and small enough before smiling, glad he was able to help. It was then that he looked over to the body of the thief whom he'd dragged over, a large stain of blood showing on the front of his shirt.

"Well then," Rob grunted as he got up and moved over to it, sitting down near the brigand's head and beginning to rifle through his pockets. "Let's see what goodies our friend here brought."

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's not the first arrow-wound I had," Ellani chuckled, "but thanks for the concern. I won't go fighting in the next hours, rest assured."

She got up with a slight grunt and headed for her backpack. She pulled a lage blanket out, large enough to cover three furs, or to wrap around herself.

"Knowing his profession, he's probably hiding his stash somewhere close. Not much chance of finding anything valuable on him."

The vixen spread the blanket on the ground, near the fire. She wasn't really interested in the thief or his possessions at the moment.

"I just hope we'll be spared of such surprises during the night," she mused, and turned her attention to the ferret. "Speaking of which, I'm going to need some help getting out of my armour. It's pretty uncomfortable to sleep in."

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yeah, you're right," Rob mused as he only found a few coppers on him, sighing and rolling the corpse over to the side and pocketing the coins before standing up.

He walked over to where the Vixen stood and took a place behind her, his paws outspread. After a moment looking over the armor (and what he could see of her out of it), he bit his lip and clasped his paws together.

"Ok... I have no idea how to do this."

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm not surprised," Ellani sniggered, "but I'm glad you admit it."

She pointed to the back of her jerkin with the paw of her good arm.

"You see the leather lace? The knot's on the inside," she explained. "You have to reach with your paws under my jerkin and undo it. Be warned, it's tied pretty tight."

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Alrighty, let's get started..." Rob said more to himself than Ellani, moving his paws over the inset of the jerkin.

His fingers were long and slender, unlike the rest of his body. They were refined and uncallused, those one might find on a skilled craftsman or pick pocket. With surprisingly little effort he was able to slide them in and under, gracing and grooving over her fur as the tips of his digits moving the lace knot to unravel it. After about a moment's movements he was able to get it undone, untying the leather lace and completing his task with pleasure... not that he hadn't enjoyed every second of it, mind you.

"Ah, got it!"

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I can feel it," Ellani confirmed.

With the lace untied, the jerkin parted slightly, revealing only the reddish-brown fur of her back underneath, as if it held slightly more than it was designed to contain. She carefully slid the piece of armour off her arms, and cast it on the ground next to her backpack.

The vixen then undid her belt from her waist and dropped it on her jerkin.

She then pulled off her boots, leaving only her skirt on her body, and padded to her blanket, sitting down.

"C'mere Robert," she said as she patted the open place on the blanket next to her, "let's swap some stories before calling it the night."

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh... um... ok," Rob said as he blinked as few times and coughed, his eyes doing their best to avoid oggling the Vixen.

Finally he brought himself to sit down, a fair foot of space between him and his new companion (unless he had been facing her, then the distance would be slightly less). Again he tried to control his eye's wanderings, taking advantage of what little of the starry sky could be seen through the trees to serve as a distraction.

"So, stories... well, that's certainly my forte," Rob began as he gazed skywards, tilting his neck to the side just enough to see Ellani's face. "Any preference? Drama, Comedy, Tradgedy, Poetry, Epic? Or something else?"

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mmm..." Ellani mused, "not really. I was more thinking about telling a little of ourselves, where we grew up and stuff like that."

It was then that she noticed Rob was sitting some distance away from her.

"What's the matter, Robert?" she asked in an amused tone. "Don't be afraid to me, I won't bite."

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Uhm, yes, well..." Rob blushed a bit beneath his fur as he scooched a little closer, grinning weakly as he shortened the distance between them from a foot to a little less than six inches (again, had he been facing her it would have been even less).

"So about ourselves, eh?" Rob started with a furrowed brow as he got a little hot under the collar, finding it still difficult to stay focused. "Well, I'm from a little fishing village north of here where this river meets the ocean. Rillen, it's called. It's calm, quiet and a great place to live, but not exactly the most 'up and about' place for an aspiring adventurer. Most of my family lives there; my mother, my father, my Uncle and cousins, etc. My Uncle taught me how to fight, my father how to think and talk, my mother how to sing and tell a story... heh, I even sparred with my cousins when we were growing up. My friends helped me, too. Taught me this and that. That trick I used to close up your wound is actually something a ranger friend of mine showed me... only difference is I used magic instead of a hot poker." He added with a chuckle and a wink.

"But, I'm rambling. How about you? Where are you from?"

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Me, I'm from far to the south..." Ellani started, "at least 1500 leagues. I'm the oldest daughter of the Runecaster of the Angrinn tribes, his second child, and the strongest of the five. My father was respected because of his craft, and my mother, from whom I inherited my strength, among other things, was one of the tribe's champions."

She chuckled as she recalled a feat of strength her mother once did, stopping a charging bull with one blow of her gauntleted fist.

"I was taught to survive on my own from an early age, learning the ways of the land, and learning to defend myself with all sorts of weapons. Those were the days... patrolling the plains for weeks on end..."

The vixen then stared off dreamily in the fire.

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wow..." Rob blinked several times as she stared into the crackling flames, lips pursed as he had listened to her. "That kind of makes me pale in comparison..."

After a slight hesitation he went on.

"My father's a retired adventurer, a bounty hunter, formerly. Now he's just a fisherman and a farmer. Same for my Uncle, but he does do some smithing and carpentry for the folks there..."

There was another pause, almost as if he was trying to remember a scant detail that wouldn't normally seem important.

"My mother... well, she's my father's wife. She tends to the house, helps with the planting and harvesting from time to time, cooks; in fact that pastry you had earlier is from the batch she made for me before I left."

He smiled at that, it having been a pleasant surprise to recieve the bundle of sweet breads on his way out the door, still warm and fresh with the unique smell that rises from just-made pastries.

"I'm afraid she never really had any kind of position of importance... well, that an outsider would consider important. While my sister and I were growing up there wasn't anyone as important as her..."

It was his turn to stare into the fire know, his pursed lips now distinctly frowned as he observed the fire consume the dried timber.

"This is PNN".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> fluffybun All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 3 of 46

Jump to: