Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Sing His Own Praises
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Delicious", Ellani comments while eating one of the pastries, "but no wine for me, thanks. I tend to get... uhh... a little agressive when drunk."

She turned her muzzle to the ferret and smiled.

"And I don't want to hurt you bad right now," the vixen explained. "I'm a little curious though. How good can you use those swords of yours?"

Current GB rating: 3750 GP (Silver Axe)
Current Guild Rating: 10/20

Beware... My battlecry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No worries about the wine, I assure you. I can certainly understand how aggression can be worrisome... particularly if those hammers of yours are involved," Rob grinned as he poured a very small amount of wine into a tiny container a bit smaller than a shot glass.

After taking a sip of the half shot the ferret's face noticably grimanced and contorted, blinking a moment later with a shake of his head before taking another. It was delicious wine, but it packed more of a wallop than any hard liquor available in these parts.

"And my swordsmanship... well, I suppose it's as good as it needs to be at any given time," He grinned as his paw patted the pair of weapons on the ground beside him, the short sword sheathed and the rapier still in the holster that hooked to his belt. "My Father and uncle taught me well enough. I can parry, thrust, stab, block and such as is generally needed. I'm no master, certainly, but I've always been able to go the distance. Why you ask?"

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Truth to be told, I want some exercise," Ellani started, and hastily added, "Don't worry, Robert, I won't be using my hammers in the way you'd expect. If I did, I'd probably smash right through your blades, not to mention your skull, in one swipe."

She then stood up and stretched, before grasping the head of her hammers in her paws and unhooking them from her belt. Holding her weapons that way, she took a few steps back and made a few experimental swipes, just like the hafts were two halves of a quarterstaff.

"Interested in a little training scuffle?" the vixen said as she got into a defensive stance, flexing her muscles slightly, her entire posture radiating several years of fighting experience gained the hard way.

Beware... My battlecry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob looked at her a moment with a bit of surprise.

She certainly is an impulsive woman. And indeed she seemed to be. In the course of a single day she's thrown an axe past my face, insisted on joining me, and now she wishes to practice fighting. A most unusual woman indeed...

"Well, far be it from me to disappoint a fine lady," Rob said as he jumped to his feet, almost tipsying a bit from the very small amount of wine he'd had. But with his usual flair a the flash of blades was immediately produced, his rapier pointing out straight from his left paw as his short sword was held back towards him in his right.

"Shall we?" He ventured with a wink, his feet ready for some fancy work indeed.

"This is PNN".

Last edited by Joshua Fox on Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellani nodded and started circling the ferret. She decided not to fight on her full strength, knowing that such might prove fatal, even with the way she was wielding her war hammers.

She suddenly made a feint for his right side, merely to test his reactions.

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a flash he made a spin to the left, moving much faster than Ellani had expected. The blades flashed across one another before both hitting the nearest hammer, dodging a light swing from the other in an almost acrobatic fashion.

He parried and darted, the sound of quick metal-on-metal hits resounding lightly with great frequency. Neither was using their full skills, of course, but then again neither seemed to have a truely great advantage over the other.

"Had enough, Ellani?" Rob said with a slight hint of a pant in his voice, the rapier cutting the air close to him as he grinned amusedly and winked.

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellani chuckled softly, feeling the familiar thrill of fighting a worthy opponent.

"Hardly," she said in a very amiable tone, "you're better than I anticipated, I give you that, but it takes much more than that to take me down."

With that comment, she made a double feint with her hammer hafts to his sides while the real attack was a straight kick to his chest, not hard enough to knock the wind out of him, but enough to push him back a little.

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oof!" Rob got out as the light kick landed, sending him back. But rather than stumble or fall to the ground, however, he used the momentum to black-flip, coming down squarely on his pads and ready for swordplay once more.

"Ooh... not bad. Good leg muscles," Rob said with an impressed tone as his grin now returned. "Perhaps I should show you a pair of useful techniques my Uncle taught me... if you can handle it, of course."

He switched the position of the blades in his paws, twirling the short sword around so that the blade was parralel with his forearm and gripping the very botton of the rapier's handle, but a flick of his wrist able to bring it any way required in an instant.

"Care to try me?"

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You sure you want to do it?" Ellani asked, "after all..."

The vixen was interrupted by the "TWACK!" of an arrow embedding itself into a nearby tree.

"Stay right where you are and surrender your possessions," a rough male voice shouted.

"Damn... I let my guard down..." she cursed and looked at the arrow.

From the way of the impact she judged their assailant should be somewhere behind her.

"Robert, do as he says," she said with a wink, and added almost inaudibly, "he's alone, I'm going to try something."

Ellani then silently gripped one of her hammers by the haft, the movement masked by her body and quickly spun around, hurling the hammer to where she judged her attacker was.

She was rewarded with a crunching sound as the heavy weapon hit home, but unfortunately, the assailant had let loose a second arrow which embedded itself into the vixen's shoulder, knocking her back and forcing a soft whimper from her lips.

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob reacted immediately. Within a moment his weapons were down-turned, his arms held back and away as he leapt to Ellani's aid, standing between her and the spot from where the arrow had come.

"Are you ok?" He asked, looking down at her from the corner of his eye as the blades prepared to stop any other possible attacks that could come at his companion.

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm... fine," the vixen wheezed, fighting the burning pain of the arrow stuck in her shoulder.

She slowly limped to her backpack and started rummaging through its contents, looking for the healing balms.

"I nailed... him... You go... and finish... him," she said between gritted teeth when she found what she was looking for.

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You got it!" Rob yelled before bounding off towards the spot where the assailant had fallen.

He pounced upon the writhing form and brought up his rapier, aiming for just the right spot where even a knick would turn his throat into a spouting geyser of blood.

"You DARE to commit highway robbery and assault, you disgusting brigand?!?" He clasped his paw around the thief's maw and recited a small cantrip, causing his palm and fingertips to crackle with electricity.

This produced a great yelp of agony from the fellow, who savagely thrashed about and finally was able to escape by kneeing Robert in the groin, stunning him momentarily. The brigand stumbled to his feet and tried to flee, his injuries great and strength minimal.

After about a second and a half Rob regained his senses, growling as he saw the fiend fleeing.

"Have it your way!" He snarled before flipping his rapier around and gripping it's guard in his fingers, aiming and letting it fly through the air as a dart. And this dart found it's mark, hitting the thief square in the back and punching right through him.

Rob approached cautiously, short sword downturned and at the ready to stab if neccessary as he approcahed the motionless fur.

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Why do I hear so much noise?' Ellani wondered as pangs of pain reminded her of the arrow.

She probed her injured shoulder with her good arm and was relieved to feel the arrowhead sticking out of the joint.

"This'll make it... easier," the vixen groaned as her paw locked around the arrow's shaft.

She snapped the frail piece of wood easily, grunting slightly.

'Now the hard part...' she mused. 'I sure hope the ferret's got some bandages with him, 'cause I'm all out of them.'

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he's gone... Rob mused as he checked the fallen fellow. Almost a shame. Such a waste of a life.

Rob sighed as he removed his rapier, sheathing it in his belt buckle before grabbing the body by it's ankles and dragging it back to the campsite, picking up a shotbow, a hat, a dagger and a quiver of arrows that the dispatched brigand must have dropped during the ordeal.

Now let's see if he had anything good on him.

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Robert..." Ellani said softly when she saw Rob enter the clearing, "retrieve my hammer... will you?"

She snorted when she saw the species of the assailant.

"A weasel... I could have guessed..." the vixen sneered. "Cowards... the lot of them..."

She then groaned slightly as a new stab of pain coursed through her shoulder.

Beware... My battlecry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> fluffybun All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 2 of 46

Jump to: