Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghoti's AC03 Journal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Day 0 - Will this EVER END??? Nope, it also starts Day 1!!! Reply with quote

lets see.

11:00 - No go on the registration. Time to see if the elevators still work.

11:05 - Elevators seem to be in good working order. Excellent. Mike and Crystals room is very cozy, and Mike introduces me to the implement I will be using to record his handfasting. Nice Digital Camera! Wish I had one like that. Mine is borrowed and only a single Megapixel. We'll see how the pics turn out.

11:30 - I'm starting to get a little sleepy, and am starting to leave when Khan knocks and enters! Yaaay, Khan! Mike shows both of us the camcorder for the handfasting, and we chat amicably for a few more moments.

<Y'all get the idea that us fogies were tired? There aint nothin funny here>

12:00 - Rava and Josh arrive! Yaay! Now it starts to get silly. We talked about web pages, and other things...Things that I promised Josh I would not mention. All I can say is that, we giggled and snickered at poked fun at both Josh and Rava for that. IR arrives! YAAAY IR! Then we discussed eclairs. Yes, eclairs. And I swore that I would get a pic of Josh eating an eclair before the weekend was out.

2:00 - WOW! ITS 2 AM!!! Mike, Crystal and myself were all doing good impressions of sleepy cave people. ya know, grunts and scratches. I said my goodbyes and headed to the elevator with everyone BUT Mike and Crystal. When who should we meet? That finely tuned writing machine - Beau Wolf! Wicked!

2-3:30 AM Khan, Beau and I discussed many things - like Chili, sauces, fine dining, how evil we can be when planning, the fursuits, and how we really wanted to write like each other. In otherwords, a true lovefest. And I now realize what a truly sublime sense of humor Beau has!

3:30 AM - O for the lumpy bed at my parents house! I can hardly stay awake!

End of Day 0!!!!!

Nahima
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be waiting!!
Concolor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have no clue how envious I am that you are all there and I am not. Razz

I KNOW what I'm missing!
Crying or Very sad

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:

I KNOW what I'm missing!
Crying or Very sad

*gives Concolor a tissue and a cookie* It'll be alright dude, Next year with a little luck Everyone will be there. We can drive everyone nutty then. Very Happy

SkunkFox
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Day 1 - Or, How I acted like a star struck fanboy... Reply with quote

And Now onto Day 1!

After limited sleep, I popped up, ready to take on the day with a Great deal of energy.

Ok, thats a baldface lie. I slowly awoke to classical music. Nice stuff, but not really an eye opener.

So, on 4 hours of sleep, I stumble into the shower and get ready to face the day. I grab the keys, give Mom and Dad a hug, and off I dash, not to the Convention, but to the BANK and then to Dunkin Donuts, where I purchased some fresh eclairs. Still Warm. <VERY EVIL GRIN>

Now to the Con.
I arrive at around 9:45 and dash up the elevator...err...wait 10 minutes, jump in with a dozen furs waiting at the entrance, and slowly ride up to....

Josh and Rava's Room!

Luckily for me, they are dressed and ready to play, err...go have fun! errr...Umm. well they were dressed. I completed an assignment from Skunkfox, handed Joshy a bag of eclairs, and sat back to watch the reaction!

Josh smirked and remarked at how the eclairs were still warm! Then he set them down. Away. Far away. Josh seemed....hesitant. <VERY EVIL GRIN 2>

While I snickered at this, Rava was peeling away the wrapping, and telling me how she thought this had gotten lost in the mail. I believe her words at the sight of the unwrapped package was "Oh my God!" Then I got a load of it and my Jaw hit the floor. Josh was quizically puzzled and Rava explained what it was. Then she insisted that it go into the hotel safe.

As you can plainly see, I am not telling what it was. That is for Rava and Josh and Skunky to provide, if they so desire! Twisted Evil

Okeydoke. Oh, did I mention that Pat the Fox had arrived? No!??? PAT THE FOX ARRIVED!! So, Pat and I ran off to Mike and Crystals room. Where I got to meet Jessie T. Wolf!!! Hiya Jessie! A very sweet artist.I enjoyed meeting her Smile

So, its getting close to 10, and Pat has not gotten his badge, and I have not even registered yet. Now, I had a lunch planned with an old pal, but I wanted to join my good PF pals at breakfast. So we agreed to meet at Appleby's. Pat and I head out to the registration area and get into a small line. As small as can be expected. Like 50 people. Not too shabby.

Pat and I are discussing stuff when this guy comes up next to us and bellows some instructions. Sponsors and Supersponsors to the very left, pre reg in the center, and Registration (idiots like me) to the right.

That should have made the line very small indeed. But, due to Convention Physics, the hallway elongated, time sped up in the line, and people at the registration desk seemed to have an issue with inteligence. They actually slowed down. We are talking "Deliverance"-style speed. REEEL SLA-OHW LAAAK.

As Pat and I listened, a woman popped out of the registration area and called for volunteers. It sounded good, but I had a lunch date in a little under 50 minutes. Then something odd happened... or, someone did. Cat had Arrived. This threesome of inked individuals approached Pat and I, and asked where the pre-registered folk go.

Now, I must make something clear. I'm the kind of person willing to direct the Hindeberg to its final resting place if need be. Not much scares me. This guy, although odd looking, was getting no answers from anyone. Not even the man-mountain that directed traffic a few moments before. So, it was up to me. I directed them to the pre reg line. "In the center, right over there." and off they marched. along with a few others.

Then pat heads over there as he is pre registered. Leaving me in line looking at my watch and seeing that time is indeed accelerating. The hands on my watch seem to jump 10 minutes every 2. Im getting nervous. The line is moving backwards. My old buddy is going to be in the lobby at 11:00. I'm supposed to be eating breakfast with the gang...Pat's gone. Cats over there. OH THE HUMANITY!

What choice did I have? It's 10 minutes to 11! and the line has not moved. I decide to volunteer. Out of the line I pop. and the woman asking for volunteers has dissapeared herself! So, I walk down to Cons Ops and make inquiries. They say, "Yer nuts. Go register first." And back to the line I trudge. Now, when I left, I was maybe 20 from the entrance to the registration room. Now I am pulling a number and its FFFF, and we the reg room is serving 0001. I'm doomed. Yeah thats Hex. So what, I'm a geek. I look at my watch, and although it felt like 30 seconds, nearly 15 minutes has passed!!! its 5 to 11!!!!!!Crap!!!!!!

Ok, thats it. Sponsor line has NO ONE in it. I'll pay the 85 as long as I dont have to be in this damned line anymore. I dash in, and am handed a bag, a badge, and a SPONSOR tag. COOL.

2 minutes later I am out that door, and time returns to normal speed. I must speak with Kage about this phenomenon.

Cool! I am registered, have a bag, and can now proceed to my lunch date. Most furs dont realize, but I was once a member of a rock band. the man I was meeting for lunch was probably my best friend in that band. Christopher "Bone" Noon. The trombone player. I got to the hotel lobby and found Bone instantly. He was this short guy that looks remarkably like Sam Neill, the actor. His first words after the ahem - manly hug were, "Paulie, what the hell is this?" to which I responded "Bone, I will tell you in a minute, but just dont let them sense your fear."

Ok, on to lunch. Bone got to see fursuiters, to which he likened them to "Yogi on steroids". But he sort of got it. I explained anthropomorphic art and fiction. He got that. Well, he's a musician, and he loves cartoons. Of course he'd get it.

I didn't see The PF'ers anywhere, so I figured they were all at the Con in a room or something. I was wrong. They had a big table in the opposite corner. I'm sorry guys! I didn't see you there.

After a nice lunch, and spotting everyone, Bone left for a wedding, and I returned to the Con.

I ran into Joshy and spent some time walking around with him.
Stopped by and saw IR, and watched him doodle. Now for the terrible Fanboy incident. I like David Kelley's work. Life in Greytown, Purple Pussy... And there he was. I kind of walked up and had my brain vapor lock on me. Major duh time. I just kind of grinned and had drool run down one corner of my lips. You know the look. Total Duh.

He said hello, and I still just stood there. could not get the mind to work. So I swivelled and marched, yes marched back to IR's table. when suddenly the evil dark cloud of mystery was lifted. I was no longer stupid fanboy. SHEESH! Well, the old Fish blew that one. Oh darn.

Ok, I found Josh again and we did the ART area. As it was still being set up, there wasn't everything, but I saw enough to make my head spin. There were some AMAZING artists there, and their art was at the quality and level of what one sees in a museum. If I had any money to spend, I would have. Immediately. Sigh, there is always next year. Josh and I did a fast pass on the charity auction stuff, and flowed through the mature section quickly. Met up with Mike at the art show, and walked around with he and Josh. And here comes Khan and Izzy! Cool! We do a quick pass of the dealer area, and decide to go look at other stuff!

Part two tomorrow!

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Day 1 Part 2 Reply with quote

Other stuff being the furs that were there! There were LOADS of Fursuits.

Then it was off to the hospitality suite. On the 23rd floor. Guess what! One elevator down!!!!

So, we pile into the other 3, and head up.

Check out the hospitality suite, drink some soda, eat some chips, and watch something amazing. I have never seen DDR. Dance Dance Revolution. Ever. Interesting idea. Jump around like an idiot, and get points for it. Neat.

We watch that for a short time and decide to head back down.

Oh, you guys wonder where the women folk went? They went shopping. To make sure that stuff was available for the Handfasting. Yep. So, SK heads down to see whats up and to see if the womenfolk are back. Josh and I head down to the artists alley again, to see if IR needed anything. IR does. He's hungry. Heck, so am I at this point. So Josh heads off too, and I head to Appleby's to get IR something chicken like. He gets a BBQ chicken wrap. And off I go to the Artists alley again. IR tears into the food like, well, a ravenous raptor!

Complete with sound effects and the occasional roar of domination over cooked food. But, he left the pickle. DAMN! I want that pickle. I took the pickle. It was pickle-ey. goood pickle. IR was drawing and drawing and drawing. People kept coming up and shoving art books in his face. No, not to suggest HOW to draw, but to add his pic in.

Look! Here comes Khan! And Josh! The women folk are back, but we are not to know it. Seems there is some sort of a surprise. Hmmm.

Ok.

So I sit there and watch IR draw, when a fursuiter comes up and tickles IR!!!
then grabs his manboobs! Then tickles again. Then he grabs the fursuiters boobs. The fursuiter pretend smacks him. They chat. Seems the fursuiter is named Babs. Cool. Crikey! Its the first toime I evah got close to one a these beasts! Luckily, she's sated by the attention of the ahtist seated to my roight. I can observe and make notes on its natural behaveyah. Babs leaves, and I can lose the stooopid accent.

Oooh! Shiney! Dave Kelly is passing by. and completely ignoring me! In a most evident way! HAHAHAHAHA.

Apparently my raving fanboy impersonation worked! I feel like walking over to the dealer room again, as I missed some things there. I say my goodbyes to IR and head over.

Helloooooooooooo Unwashed horde! Now, I'm not the smallest guy, and I know that I can start to offend when I get overheated and sweat. I tend to be overly sensitive to this. The smells were akin to that of a camel merchants wares. Yep! Every so often youd catch a whiff of something that would make Satan himself look oddly at the offender and offer a few hundred bucks if that person would at least look at a bar of soap. Heck, 500 if they can name the first girl they kissed, and family matriarchs dont count. I made a quick tour hitting those locations I missed the first time, and met DUTCH!!!!! The creator of Misty the Mouse! WAHOO! Now, this guy, I can talk to. See, last year, he posted a pic of Philadelphia's City Hall and called it Independance Hall. I sent him a private message and let him know, and was overjoyed to see that he responded! SWEET! I had a way to intro myself!

Ok, I approached the table, and said: "HiRememberme?IsaidyouwerewrongonyourwebsiteItwasaboutyourpicofcityhallandyoucalleditindependancehallhaha."

He scritched his head and said "Oh yeah...I remember that. Hey thanks! So, with that, I calmed down and was able to hold a nifty discussion on Star Wars railings and the futility of the Empire's moronic architects. We laughed, we snickered, I looked at his clean artwork, and smiled a bunch. I made it past the fanboy stage! WOOT! I felt good. It still smelled odd. I decided at that moment to find out if it was me. I said my goodbyes and headed for the nearest bathroom. I just had to check. Oh, like none of you have ever checked to see if you stink. I got to the bathroom, checked, and was pleased to realize: THE BATHROOM AT THE CON IS NOT THE PLACE TO CHECK TO SEE IF YOU SMELL. Duh. Off to a quiet room. And there I found out it wasn't me.

Thank God!

And thats it for Part 2
Part 3 later tonight!

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Hey Fish!

Where is the part about Jim's Steaks?

Twisted Evil

And as soon as I can I will post the purple sign photo. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hiya Mike! Its on Day Zero - about 1 page back!!!!

Smile

I cant wait to see your pics!

Iron_Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh jeez...... I'm just WAAAITING for that pic of me on all fours with Babs straddling me to come and bite me back in the ass. Very Happy

"When your willy feels chilly and needs something frilly, get it at Cooooondom Kingdom!"

Iron_Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh crap. x_x I'm.... deathly afraid and curious to see this now. x_x
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah!

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Day 1 Part 3 Reply with quote

Well, its been a few days, and I hope you can forgive me. If not, you can direct your comments to the brick wall over there.

Actually, I was being lazy and cantankerous to my muse the last several days. Of course, my substitute muse - Shirh Khan - stood up and wahcked me with a football bat, so, here I am again.

Day 1 part 3 - or, the day of the tentacles. No wait, thats been done. Ummm...AC03 Day1 part 3.

Good enough.

Ok, so now its around 5ish...Josh, Khan, and I havent seen the chica's in several hours, but know that they are back...even though we werent supposed to.

Now, I figured, with all the fun things I had learned just the night before, that Crystal was showing the other girls an item she bought at Condom Kingdom..."Kama Sutra: The Original Graphic Novel.", so I wasn't in a real hurry, but I was feeling a bit peckish. Off we go to find the wimmin.

Guess what? THE ELEVATORS ARE DOWN.

ALL OF THEM

Now, I had been riding the freight elevators since the morning. Why? Well, the lines were very long, and the elevators were painfully slow. The freight elevators, although not as pretty as the regular ones, are much faster.

So, the 3 amigos head up to the 4th floor and hit 411 - Josh and Rava's room.

The women have been there, as the TV is now turned off, and the water bottles are on the bed. This is important, as we are NOT to know the wimmin folk are back.

And so we head for the 5th floor, this time by the stairs. No biggie. One floor. feh. We bang on Mike and Crystals door, but there's no answer. Josh and I look at Khan, and he suggests his room. So, back to the elevators. As we pass the main elevator area, THERE THEY ARE!!!!

AND WOW! Rava has changed her hair color from Blond to Red. Looks Very nice Rava!

And there is a lovely fursuiter there, and I just HAVE to have a pic of everyone and the fursuiter! Then I let everyone else know that the main elevators are down, and we have to use the freight ones.

Did I mention that Izzy had the dibbuns and she was dressed in her own little fursuiter outfit?

So, off we go and wait for the freight elevator. We now have 2 fursuiters and the dibbun, plus the rest of the gang No big deal as its cool, the fursuiters are Wicked cool, and the dibbuns keeps reaching up to pet them. Man, she is the CUTEST! So, we wait by the freight elevators. and wait. and wait. and DING! One arrives. Loaded. I mean LOAD DEAD. Seriously. the doors shut and The fursuiters are looking at each other. Well, I just have to have a pic of them and the dibbuns. DING! EMPTY elevator! SWEET!

Down we go.

As we empty and head to the main part of the room, We see a SHARK fursuiter pass by. Of course, being at the head of our little crew, I almost missed seing him, but Josh whips out the one liner of the year and says "Bruce" like he's passing a pal in the hallway.

I laughed so hard I nearly missed my footing.

We all headed over to the seats to wait, but Rava had a great idea - send a couple of us to Fridays to reserve our table. Good Idea!!!! Josh and I bolt for the door and are on our way!

Now this will be my first opportunity to hang with Josh...Mano a Mano.

Lemme tell ya, I LOVED every second of it. Josh is a hoot. Good voice impressions, quick moves with the feet, looks like he can dance amean mamba. We chatted off and on for about 45 minutes waiting on everyone else. I swear, we both nearly fell off our chairs when this old codger came up, mumbled something, and took a menu from our table. Nice enough old guy, but just a few fries short of a happy meal. Not to worry, our lovely hostess came by and escorted the gentlemen to his table, and left another menu for us. Not like Josh and I didnt have 11 menus to pick from!!!!

Our waitress was a dear and kept Josh and I in water till we sloshed. Or pruned. or whatever. Suddenly, a commotion is approaching. Now, I don't know about you, but I always thought that a commotion was something that one was involved in. I never once in my life expected it to be actually BE a physical presence. But, you gotta say something for our group. They made an impression as they trooped towards Josh and I!

Josh and I took the center chairs at our table as to make it easy for everyone to fill in around us. Dunno why, but we just seemed to think alike.

Our Beautiful waitress came by and got our drink orders. Raptor decides its time for a science lesson as he orders his coca-cola. Now, he is the 3rd to order, so we still have 8 more remaining. With a nudge, we all tell him to hold up, and let everyone else order.

Now, I had NO idea, but Rava and Josh LOVE buffalo style chicken wings. And promised themselves to keep the wing munching to a minimum. Not sure why, but ok. I also learned that Rava can CLEAN the meat off of a bone. Ummm...Well, the bird was....dang. no matter how I say this its still gonna be WRONG. hmm. Ok, the only thing left on the WINGS was a little sign saying "Sanitized for your convenience"

Dinner was uneventful, for the most part. After everyone had finished eating, we all found out it was Jessie and Rava's birthday a few day's before! WEll we couldnt let this pass by, so we told the waitress. Now, lemme explain something about Fridays. They have this group of waiters and waitresses that will come and sing to the party if there is a bithday. They had done this 5 times around the restaurant by the time they got to us. Their voices were strong, their message was good, the execution was ok, and they were dead by the time the finished with us.

Smile

The bills are paid and we head back up to the con. LOOK ITS Uncle Kage! And he doesnt look very happy. All 6 elevators are now dead. and he has found out why! The Adams Mark folks put some security to direct traffic at the elevators and discovered that 22 (TWENTY TWO) people got off one elevator. The computers controlling them thought something was wrong when the elevators had no load that they froze them. Well, Uncle Kage was righteously pissed and walked the 23 floors and posted signs on ALL the elevators telling people to load no more than 10 in any one trip. If any elevator was caught with more than 10, they'd get booted from the con.

Now, lemme tell ya, Uncle Kage seems like a nice fellow. I just wouldn't want him angry with me.

So, we head back to the convention and split up for a few. I find PAT!!! in the company of a rather nicely dressed / undressed femme.
WAY TO GO PAT!

I sat with them for a bit, and decided to head downstairs where the fursuit dance was.

WOW! I'm impressed! The quality of these suits is amazing!

I meet up with Crystal and Mike and IR and start taking pics inside the Rave. Wicked cool

Especially when I see the Shark dancing with a cat. Now thats surreal.

I ended up just hanging there and watching the dance for about 2 hours and snapping pics
AMAZING suits there kids. Especially the DRAGON! and BAYNE! WOW!

I tropped back upstairs and hung out for a while, and wondered where Josh and Rava were.

So did Shirh Khan.

Well, Off to Josh And Rava's room we go. Knock Knock! Knockity Knock Knock.

Shirh Khan and I are about to leave when we hear "Hold on!"

and the door opens to Josh - sans shirt, and Rava peeking from under the covers. Well, color me dumb, and stupid and any other word you can come up with that paints me a jackass. Khan and I excuse ourselves and are wicked embarrassed for interrupting them, but Rava and Josh, being the sweet people they are invited Khan and I to stay and watch Daniel Day Lewis kick Leo's ass. Tempting as it was, I didnt like being the party of coitus interruptus, and begged my excuses and made a hasty exit. Khan, did the same, and we headed for the hospitality suite. Why? oh, I dunno, refreshments, and watching ridalin kids play DDR.

The hospitality suite was great, but I got accosted by the lady running it. She said "CAKE - GO EAT SOME. NOW." Ooookay. So I did.

grabbed a piece, showed her, and promptly flopped into a couch.

The cake was good, the ridalin kids held my attention for about 30 seconds. the music was loud, the people were fun, but kids, I am getting old. I fell asleep.

I awoke to a WICKED shoulder massage from the hospitality suite lady, SHE'S GOOD! and I made my excuses to everyone and headed home. LOOOOONG day. But FUN!!!!!

End of Day 1!

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undressed?

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:
undressed?

Yes, she was NOT wearing that many clothes from what I remember...More like Pajamas Smile

The next day, she seemed to wear more regular clothes...

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chuckles* Be that as it may she was still quite clothed

fuzzy?
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:
*chuckles* Be that as it may she was still quite clothed

Granted, but you are still quite the stud!

Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> fishburne All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: