Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAQ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webkilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<feels a strange atraction to that which is not IE>

oh my... this could get ugly... I mean my dad already uses Opera as browser instead of IE... but i dont like it...

Uh, can you have both netscape AND IE installed and runing? Or is that one of those lil quirks that ANTICHRIST put into the stuff... (you know who im talking bout!)

If you can say yes to the question in question, then I'll download Netscape so fast you'll say I'm speeding on the information superhighway... Laughing

So, what's it gonna be?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
webkilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, that was just what i needed to hear!!! w00t!

And now, to Hikare, or the rest of you PF site owners: Do you have to pay anything for a PF site? I mean, I do make a lil cash every month, a lil less than 300$ a month so I can pay something...

Oh, I seem to have trailed off again... hehe... Do you pay anything for a PF site? Bandwidth, storeage space, site name and whatnot...

<awaits a list of most dicouraging expenses...> Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
webkilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K... but i wont start asking him for something like that untill I've learned a wee bit HTML and made a reasonably good page to put on PF...

But thx for the help you old racoon you!

webkilla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's nice to have people around to ship me muses and ideas on getting sites n stuff...

Uhm, but how do you make frames in Composer?

And to Hikaru, whom we haven't heard much from lately: Hows the rebuilding of your computer going? The mobs are growing restless from lack of new breathtaking adventures in the third act! Crying or Very sad

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rebuild is long over and done with. Now I just have to track down where I missplaced my muse so I have the desire to write again.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
webkilla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now I just have to track down where I missplaced my muse so I have the desire to write again.

Okay... Personaly I've never had a muse, as stated earlier, so I don't need one when I write my stuff...

Yes, I've writen stories... Well, so far only one, but I got material for at least five more, all well above the 100+ pages... Fun FUn FUN!!! Twisted Evil

Quote:
I operate on KISS as much as possible

Say what? I thought they all died with the end of the eighties... Question

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!

I think that's KISS as in Keep It Simple, Stupid!

In other words, don't overdo it by stuffing in Javascript enormous animated gifs, long shockwave intros (requiring the very latest plug-in of course)or fancy formatting that needs large screens and a dedicated T1 line or other nonsense.
There are several webshops that I shun because they're too slow to load on the 2Mb/s line we have at the office...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, forgot...

Imagemaps can be useful, but if the main navigation on the site is built up with one, don't expect me to visit. Some browsers allow you to not download pictures automatically to save bandwidth and well...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
webkilla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why am i tempted to say "KISS my ass?"... I dunno, but ï wont say it...

Just being curious, probably to a too curious: How does that muse of yours "inspire" you Hikaru? And please, keep any describtions PG-13 Razz

oh dear... i broke the unspoken rule of adressing a godlike writer guy: "Dont mock his muse and whatever he/she does to said writer"

<ducks and covers>

Shar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
Just being curious, probably to a too curious: How does that muse of yours "inspire" you Hikaru? And please, keep any describtions PG-13 Razz

oh dear... i broke the unspoken rule of adressing a godlike writer guy: "Dont mock his muse and whatever he/she does to said writer"

<ducks and covers>

I was sort of wondering that myself Webkilla... I don't have a muse of my own either... unless she hiding from me.. which in my current state is quite possible... Smile

On the other note, I am thinking of building a webpage myself (though no where to host it <wink> )... the advice here was great... thanks...

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:

Back when the story originally started, I was slightly insane (literally) in that I'd dream the events and then wake. I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep until I put it down on "paper", or if I DID manage to get back to sleep, I'd re-dream the sequence.

That hasn't happened in a LONG time... For the most part, my muse kicks in when I sit down and start writing... I'll just pick some point to resume the story and start with a description of what's happening and my muse will kick in and the words will just flow. A chapter can take anywhere from about five to thirteen hours depending on how complex it is or how much trouble I'm having trying to keep the characters pointed in the right direction.

Lately, though, I'll start writing and the words will just stop coming... Even though I have direction, I just can't get it down on paper...

Hopefully that's coming to an end. I've been getting the urge to write a little on one of my other un-published stories so maybe the muse is back from her walkabout.

webkilla wrote:

Address me all you want, just make sure it's not postage due or I'll take it out of your hide. Razz

Cheers

webkilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Address me all you want, just make sure it's not postage due or I'll take it out of your hide.

Postage due? Is there something you're not telling us Hikaru? Cool

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
Quote:
Address me all you want, just make sure it's not postage due or I'll take it out of your hide.

Postage due? Is there something you're not telling us Hikaru? Cool

The best things in life are free, but not when their delivered by the post office. Razz

Cheers

webkilla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<goes all LOLlike>

Hehe...

Ok... But whats taking that muse of yours so long? or what you so long... Its been months (i think) since the last update...

I know its getting old asking these kind o questions... but am i supposed to do? I assume everyone is waiting for the hopefully thrilling conclusion to act 3 and stuff...

Crying or Very sad

christopherlynxfelter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: i might be late to this thread..... Reply with quote

but try getting a copy of html for dummies they explain how to write html in the layman's terms and explain the jargon in terms even some person that has no knowledge of html can understand thats how i learned to code html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: