Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writers here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> jaymeefox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Writers here Reply with quote

Hiya

As I mentioned in my welcome forum I am a writer.

I write fiction non fiction mysteries, erotic stories, and other casual writing like children books.

How about you guys?

I am currently writing a new story but its in my head i haven't put it down o.o I need a laptop .. so I can take it with me to type in stuff

------------------------
Timberfox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to start.
Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Grin* You can get a pretty good idea of who's writing here by heading over to Mike's Bookshelf. He's carrying stories from most of the authors here. The other place you can check - since you mentioned writing erotica - is Kinsfire's Adult Bookshelf. And if you want someplace to post your writing, they're both on the lookout for new material - you'll have pretty much an instant audience.

So... you mentioned that you write. Do you have any of it posted? And if so, where? <Innocent look> What? I'm always looking for more things to read...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Grin* Most of my writing is furry and is, among other places, on the Raccoon's Bookshelf. Non-furry fiction that's online, a brief allohistorical piece, is elsewhere; please contact me if you're interested. There's more in progress, but I'm primarily focusing on "From The Wings" for now.

BTW, lest I forget my manners, Welcome.

Cateagle

PS. Regarding something that you can take with you for writing; most of my chapters so far have been written first in longhand with pencil. Keyboarding them in gives me a chance to do a first edit easily.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Writers here Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
I am currently writing a new story but its in my head i haven't put it down o.o I need a laptop .. so I can take it with me to type in stuff

No, no, no!

A laptop is the wrong tool for that job.

Personally I use a small clamshell type PDA, but a paper notebook, or even a small cassette recorder can be used.

What's wrong with a laptop?
Unless you get hold of a very special one(Like my antique PSion MC400) you have only a very limited time before the batteries craps out. They are also notoriously slow to boot/restart/wake up/whatever...

A PDA, particularly older types can give you as much as 40 - 80 Hours of active usage from a single pair of AA or AAA's, they're 'instant on' and in some cases even have a spellchecker.
On my PDA I, in addition to the story outlines, I also have a small database of characters, notes on the UEC universe and a small database of general info that might be useful in one story or another.
It only has 512KB RAM, but since it doesn't run and M$ crap, there's still plenty of room... (even with 20+ story/chapter outlines )

Stay away from Keyboardless types such as older Palm's or PocketPC machines, though. (The optional keyboards are fiddly and usually requires you to find a table, and the handwriting system is slooooow)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I write... well, not at the moment. I facing a massive writer's block that kept me from writing for the last few months. Plus, I write too many different stories Razz
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Writers here Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
No, no, no!
A laptop is the wrong tool for that job.

Will be finding out soon.
I ordered a JVC MP-XP 7210 (a very small laptop), it's supposed to get something like 7 hours on one charge and I don't really need more than that.
Plus, I can use the same tools as on the PC.

I looked into getting a PDA with a keyboard, they did not really have anything. Those few they had were too expensive, considering that they are pretty limited.

Welcome to the madness, by the way. Wink

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, well I am just looking for something to type while i travel etc. I can not use tape records .. not my preference.

Can you please post up a website or something of those pda stuff you guys are talking about so I can get the idea and look into it.

Thanks for the other "options"

Now I dont have anything posted on the net but I will put some on my website soon smile

I will go to the other sites and put them in if its exciting enough for you guys ha ha ha lol

cyaz

------------------------
Shar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWPrime wrote:
Just trying to start.

I know THAT feeling well... I'm just getting into it myself... hoping that the good folks here can offer good advice...

Of course, I too have writers block at the moment... must be something to do with the school essay i'm writing Sad <Bangs head on desk>

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*snickers* I write way too much!!! I'm currently working on six different stories, including a brand new one which I won't tell you about!! I write things that as Concolor can you are decidedly weird, strange, and down right evil in one particular case. I can right about anything, and everything, from erotica to demonic, to a strangely twisted love story. I write it all.

SkunkFox writting away on his laptop.

Sony has a small portable laptop thats inexpensive, and last for a good long while.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, all my writing consist of fan-fic stories (5 so far) over at ZZ Studios. One of these days I'll have to see if Mike will post them on his bookshelf. I have some characters and Ideas I'm working on, but not enough for an original story yet. I'm also learning to draw (see ZZ Studios gallery for some of my very novice work).

As far as portable writing, I do a lot of it at work (I work in a factory, and sometimes have enough time to write a bit while the machines cycle.) For me, nothing beats a notebook and pencil. My stories never see a computer keyboard 'til next to final edit. Guess I'm kinda old fashioned that way.

Tigermark (who suffered a 50% hearing loss in his left ear two years ago from a burst eardrum from an ear infection, but has since recovered, and admires the young vixen for her very well-adjusted attitude Very Happy )

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sslaxx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Writers here Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
Hiya

As I mentioned in my welcome forum I am a writer.

I write fiction non fiction mysteries, erotic stories, and other casual writing like children books.

How about you guys?

smiles Here, my interests are in primarily "Doctor Who"-related fiction. I also write Interactive Fiction (text adventures). Currently, I'm working on learning a new system, and using that to build games with. http://www.tads.org/ is where you can go to learn more about it.

I'm also trying to learn an extension to the system so I can write Adult Interactive Fiction - http://saifa.emsai.net give some more info (adult content).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> jaymeefox All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: