Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Tails" from Kailthar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:
Ainara is an interesting character. Why was she so interested in Pflarrian's story? What had happened in the accident that caused her such terror when she first saw Pflarrian?

That is a good question...

Bearion wrote:
I agree with Tygon: This is turning into a pretty good Sci-Fi story! We must have more… Very Happy

Yes, we indeed must! Lets hope Pflarrian will write more soon Smile

Bearion wrote:
Side note: There is no mention of Pflarrian's locomotion. I assume he has two legs, but I can't picture them. A small point.

Since Pflarrian won't be in till after Christmas I'll give a preliminary answer for him. Pflarrian the android has two legs. Unfortunately that's about all I can say. I think they are fairly normal legs. I don't know if they are pantigrade or digigrade. Pflarrian himself will have to answer that.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Bearion wrote:
Ainara is an interesting character. Why was she so interested in Pflarrian's story? What had happened in the accident that caused her such terror when she first saw Pflarrian?

That is a good question...

Bearion wrote:
I agree with Tygon: This is turning into a pretty good Sci-Fi story! We must have more… Very Happy

Yes, we indeed must! Lets hope Pflarrian will write more soon Smile

Bearion wrote:
Side note: There is no mention of Pflarrian's locomotion. I assume he has two legs, but I can't picture them. A small point.

Since Pflarrian won't be in till after Christmas I'll give a preliminary answer for him. Pflarrian the android has two legs. Unfortunately that's about all I can say. I think they are fairly normal legs. I don't know if they are pantigrade or digigrade. Pflarrian himself will have to answer that.

Xaf and Ainara were both characters in a Rifts campaign I played in once. Um, I could explain Ainara and Xaf's past experiences with robots, but it's not pleasant. Let's just say that their original party of salvagers consisted of six mouselings, and that they're the only two left alive. Sad

Tygon is helping me to edit the next chapter of Tails as I write this. I'm not that skilled at writing sci-fi so I need some help with it every now and then (hence the request for plot devices). Wink

As for Pflarrian, ahem...

Pflarrian the Wire-wolf has two Plantigrade legs, four arms (with paws and several built-in gadgets), one head, two eyes (currently, one blue and one green) of cut crystal, only one ear (the other works fine, but the outer portions are missing due to damage), and stands almost seven feet tall. Most of the outer shell is of a special titanium-bronze alloy, very strong, laser-resistant, and reasonably rust-proof. Unfortunately, it is prone to "verdigris," and is slowly gaining a greenish patina where the chrome plating has rubbed or been scraped off. General shape: canid, likely wolf-like. General build: average. :robot:

Why four arms? Because there have been situations where I would have liked to have four arms, and I figure that an android version of Pflarrian would have opted to have four. Very Happy
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 5 of this magnificent story has just been posted.

Please read it and then tell Pflarrian what you think, either via email or right here Smile

Shadu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes i leave the forums for a week and look what's happened. a cool new story started and i missed it. ok... give me a day i'll catch up to you guys. Cool
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Pflarrian the Wire-wolf has two Plantigrade legs, four arms (with paws and several built-in gadgets), one head, two eyes (currently, one blue and one green) of cut crystal, only one ear (the other works fine, but the outer portions are missing due to damage), and stands almost seven feet tall. Most of the outer shell is of a special titanium-bronze alloy, very strong, laser-resistant, and reasonably rust-proof. Unfortunately, it is prone to "verdigris," and is slowly gaining a greenish patina where the chrome plating has rubbed or been scraped off. General shape: canid, likely wolf-like. General build: average. :robot:

Why four arms? Because there have been situations where I would have liked to have four arms, and I figure that an android version of Pflarrian would have opted to have four. Very Happy

Hmm, four-armed? Would he then have moments when he's prescient of danger? After all, to reverse an old proverb: "Four-armed is forewarned!".

Cheers,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing excelent story Pflarrian for your first sci-fi your doing pretty well keep it nup!
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to reading it. Smile

Things are really becoming interesting with the latest relevations.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Pflarrian wrote:

Hmm, four-armed? Would he then have moments when he's prescient of danger? After all, to reverse an old proverb: "Four-armed is forewarned!".

Cheers,
Cateagle

Bad pun, no biscuit. Mr. Green
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
Pflarrian wrote:

Cheers,
Cateagle

POUT! That's all the response I get? Wink Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing

Cheers,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Pflarrian wrote:

Cheers,
Cateagle

Well, I didn't see you respond much to part 5 so you're not really in a position to complain much, are you? Wink

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
Pflarrian wrote:

Cheers,
Cateagle

Well, I didn't see you respond much to part 5 so you're not really in a position to complain much, are you? Wink

*Chuckle* Nope. Embarassed

Cateagle

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Tygon wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
Pflarrian wrote:

Cheers,
Cateagle

*Chuckle* Nope. Embarassed

Cateagle

I could make a more detailed response if you like, but I really didn't have anything more detailed to say. Speaking of detailed, you know what I like about android furries? They can be declawed easily, or de-tailed, or anything else along those lines, and 'fixing' one of them takes on a whole different meaning. Twisted Evil
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Speaking of detailed, you know what I like about android furries? They can be declawed easily, or de-tailed, or anything else along those lines, and 'fixing' one of them takes on a whole different meaning. Twisted Evil

*Chuckle* careful when you say "fixed" around a cat. Laughing De-clawing of RL cats has its virtues, at leat if you've got as many books as we do.

Cateagle

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just realized that there was a response to this topic I totally forgot to post.

What I wanted to say, I really love the sci-fi aspects of part 5. Chief among the things I like is the useage of the barrel of the plasma cannon to feet hydrogen into the ramjet.

Of course, I like the idea of the plasma destroyer cannon it self too. I'm into doomsday weapons Wink

All in all, the entire process of Pflarrian developing the PDC as a defense system, the Federation using it as a weapon, the accidental destruction of Procyon III, the rebuilding of the Castigator into the Sentinel spacestation and eventually back into a spaceship is a great piece of science fiction. Excellent work there, Pflarrian and never ever again say you aren't good at sci-fi! Smile

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after having it in my paws for quite a while I finally posted part 6.

I'm sorry that I pushed this along before me for so long. I'll try to be more on time with the next part when it is done.

Anyway, two things of importance. First, you can find this part of coure in the Feline Destiny section on my site if you follow the 'Tales from the Universe' link.

And second, Pflarrian has informed me that there will be some adult parts in the upcoming parts of 'Tails'. It will not turn into an adult story for the sake of just that, but some sex scenes will be in it.

Just thought I should let you know.

And now, happy reading and please post some comments.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: