Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Dave is gone... :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hortmage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: TV Dave is gone... :( Reply with quote

Quote:
Styx wrote:
I just checked out Chris's site and I was shocked. TV DAVE is gone? I didn't even know he was ill, I never met him but I had come to care for him and now...now I'm going to miss him this really has really got me feeling down this is truly a sad day.

Crying or Very sad

I am very, VERY upset to hear about this. I hadn't heard anything about health problems, either. Crying or Very sad

I have intense feelings of guilt and depression right now. Dave had written a short 4-chapter story (The Final Farewell) that takes place in the days following Sabrina's death in Chapter 6 of Tabitha. He entrusted me to edit it for him. I've been working on it off and on since November, and I was only 4 pages from finishing the work.

The story was extremely sad and depressing. I cried the first time I read it. I couldn't edit more than a page or two at a time, because I would get too emotional to work on it. (And because TV Dave had an interesting philosophy on the use of commas and other punctuation Rolling Eyes )

I feel absolutely horrible that I never got the story back to Dave for him to check it out. Crying or Very sad

I'm going to need a few days to get over this. This follows too closely to a personal loss of my own.... I make a solemn vow to myself, though, that I will finish Dave's work and submit it to Chris before the end of April.

My prayers go to Dave's family and friends. Crying or Very sad

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: TV Dave is gone... :( Reply with quote

I'd seen it too, when he'd first started writing it. Definitely an emotional piece of work, no doubt.

Time I rededicated myself to this forum. I had a small backlog of private messages, one from TVDave roughly a week before he passed away ... the man was in such high spirits!

Damn me, anyway, for not dedicating the time I used to.

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: TV Dave is gone... :( Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Time I rededicated myself to this forum. I had a small backlog of private messages, one from TVDave roughly a week before he passed away ... the man was in such high spirits!

Damn me, anyway, for not dedicating the time I used to.

Don't kick yourself about it. You've been busy and got distracted. It happens to all of us. The thing to do now is to take a step back, look at what's going on around you, marshall your forces and get back in the game.

Cheers

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CrayzedWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems to be very sad for TVDAVE.
Must have been a real cool guy.
Ill pray to god for a safe trip to heaven for the guy.

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: