Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whats wrong with meh?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: whats wrong with meh?! Reply with quote

ok, heres the deal, ive been drawing for a long time now, and i stopped for about a week and then returned to drawing again, yet i cant draw or get any ideas at all now! what do i do?
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post any of your art here?
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well, i check out the VCL archive, their tons of art sure brings an idea on what to do, i hope it helps man Smile
Rwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have a scanner, and i sold my art book the other day, i think thats why i cant draw... its not a total inspiration problem, its also a problem with the actual pictuture itself, i mean, no matter how many times i draw, it just dosent look right...
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, hmmm, well sometimes when that happens i save the pics in the cemetery, for later referal, they are sometimes useful in later projects. Take Skunkfox's commission (ive been working on it for 4 months) pic after pic i didnt like the outcome, and the pics i saved i know will help me in later commissions, not bad if you ask me Smile
Rwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to know, now how do i fix my problem again?
Rwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since i dont have any pics scanned i can at least tell you my pics looked much like RealDesertFox's avatar -i think thats wat its called X_X
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character portaits for my story Trapped Cat (to be found at the Raccoon's Bookshelf) where done by Red.

I also have some more pics by Redwolf... I just need to get around and post them Confused

Rwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason... I STILL CANT DRAW!!! *calms down* sorry... its just that my sketches mean everything to me, and if i cant draw then its like not being able to breathe. Shocked every time i sit down and try to draw i get really pissed when i try to and i cant, then i think about what im doing wrong for a few hours and then i try again. no, im not gunna give myself a break until i draw at least one picture like i used to be able to do. so your advise will REALLY help me alot.
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what you need to do? Draw stickmen. There's NO WAY you can mess those up. You don't need to thank me; I just like to help out where I can.
Rwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont get my problem - i can draw, but im drawing badly! if i draw stickmen then ill be walking backwards! grr
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rwolf wrote:
you dont get my problem - i can draw, but im drawing badly! if i draw stickmen then ill be walking backwards! grr

Why not draw backwards walking stickmen then you would be working forward. Smile
MiniWolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Smile
I've always found that if i can't think of anything to draw, i just rest my hand on the paper, pencil in hand of course, and let it come as it may.
Just start moving the hand over the paper and let the picture draw itself.
Might work for you, but won't know till you try, right?
:n00b:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: