Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nearly ten years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
*pokes his head in and looks around, pleasantly surprised to see some old friends*

I was under the impression that this forum had gone the way of the Dodo, but to my surprise, here are folks still posting. Hello everyone! Good to see you again.

My first big immersion in the furry fandom was this site and the Raccoon's Bookshelf.

Will hello there Teric, long time no see, how you been doing?...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
*pokes his head in and looks around, pleasantly surprised to see some old friends*

I was under the impression that this forum had gone the way of the Dodo, but to my surprise, here are folks still posting. Hello everyone! Good to see you again.

My first big immersion in the furry fandom was this site and the Raccoon's Bookshelf.

Some of us are still here. Good to hear from you again, hope the midwest is treating you well.

Kel

Cookie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow as molasses going uphill but still alive nonetheless! haha

AKA Mogthemoogle
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit Fox wrote:
Yep. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I feel there is a huge difference the way furs were back when I got into it and how they are now.

I dunno... Could just be me haha

To be honest; furry has taken a major backseat lately.

Even though I hold to the fact that bronies are furries it is considered a separate fandom by the "media" at large and it has all the attention now. Many furs, such as myself, are also in that fandom.

Now Fnaf is on the rise as well, and that fandom is arguably furry though not exclusively related. As I have witnessed there seems to be two distinctly different Fnaf fandoms.

Then, of course, there is the stigma of the Sonic branch of the furry fandom and its almost omnipresent influence on how many people view furries; even if they are furry themselves.

I guess I'm just saying there be a shift in the winds of furry and the branches seem to be over-shadowing the old core fandom itself.

I'd also say Furaffinity essentially being a [expletive deleted]-hole also contributes to the less hospitable/active culture in the fandom now. Like it or not FA was a giant in online furry over the last decade.

Art content itself has also divided many furries from one-another. Anti-bronies, anti-cub, bronies who are anti-furry, anti-Inkbunny, anti-FA, anti-Fnaf, Anti-Sonic, Anti basically anything. Seems to me like people spend more time disliking things now rather than coming together and accepting differences.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Teric

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sigh)

I've noticed some divisions as well. My brother is a Brony--a rather prominent one, I might add, who has his own Brony analysis channel on Youtube--while I am very much a furry. Neither one of us is against the other fandom; in fact, we embrace our similarities.

Unfortunately, the fandoms at large, for the most part, do not share the same appreciation for each other. Dr. Wolf (my brother) and I even went so far as to make a collab video about it.

Essentially, the conclusion we came to is this: There are so many similarities among these fandoms, and we can't afford to make enemies of each other; especially in light of the difficulty we have in presenting a positive image to the rest of the world.

Howellfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm - when 'necroing' a thread, do we go by date, or distance down the page to decide if it's bad form?

Anyway, first - Teric! Nice to see you're still around the boards. How's it hanging?Cool Might go back and take another stab at writing, if job and 'life' leave time, maybe. Possibly. So keep an eye out. Very Happy

Second, if you're looking for an alternative for furaffinity( and far, far bigger and bussier version of what this board once looked to be), you might be inspired to look at thefurryforum.org, which I was on briefly some years ago and recently came back to. It's simply massive; Very big, VERY active, somewhat PG( I think ), and very young - I've been told that at the ripe old age of 34, I am the oldest member by three! Shocked they'll also provide free hosting for your.webcomic - though, admittedly, only one user seems to have taken them up so far. Sadly, no library hough. Sad
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Howell! Nice to see you again. Smile

I'm not sure I want to jump into a busy forum just yet--real life has gotten kinda heavy and I'm trying to do my best with that right now. But I still go to conventions once or twice a year--in fact, I'm heading up to Mephit Fur Meet next month, with Leonato and Journye.

Howellfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Very Happy

Yeah--but my larger point being, it's definitely a positive counterpoint to FA; Now if I could only figure out how it got so big when it doesn't easily show up on Google searches or site link lists? Must be word of mouth. Cool

Hope everything's going well for ya, and that you have fun in Memphis! Smile
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still around. I have seen so much furries changing that I once knew them and I set up boundaries with some on here.

the furry community changed so much as well but I am still a furry here.

I just do not have much furry friends anymore. I only have 6 on my facebook that I know are still furries but we all have our lives and kind of forgotten about me as a fur lol paths are different.

I am just peeking my little cute fox head in each thread and make comments/ say hi ^^

------------------------
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way... i've been here since 2003

------------------------
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
by the way... i've been here since 2003

Me too!... Very Happy

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Kit Fox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet... I got you beat Jaymee :p

I sort of come and go. I'll be gone for a good 5mo starting on Wednesday though.

Howellfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh - 2007, so you've both got me beat by a few years. Very Happy
Nice to see a few old timers stuck around - now if only the membership would stop apparently holding steady and start ticking back up. Confused
Howellfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh - 2007, so you've both got me beat by a few years. Very Happy
Nice to see a few old timers stuck around - now if only the membership would stop apparently holding steady and start ticking back up. Confused
Rava Purr-Fox
Princess Of PR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Been a while Reply with quote

Hello all, I was doing a search for something and found my old favorite place on the web and had to stop by.

How is everyone?

Rava Purr-Fox

ps who now has a 4 yr old Daughter Saiya Fox Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: