Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stupid question about email

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Stupid question about email Reply with quote

First off - I LIVE! *laugh*

Second, the reason for this posting: I have changed the password for logging into the forums, but I need to change my email password. I am having a DUH moment and cannot remember how to go about doing that. (I am currently getting a large number of bounced email notices because someone got into my PF email and is using me to spam people.

So, can someone remind me of the (undoubtedly simple) process of changing my email PW?

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kinsfire!

You know, I've never had a PF mail account but you might want to PM either Whip-lash or Hikaru for help.

I can mod but I can't admin that problem for ya.

Btw, It's probably someone spoofing your PF email address.

Kellan, the old warhorse.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a PF email address, you have to take it up with Whip. I don't have access to those goodies.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the delay. Haven't been able to monitor the forums much recently.

Kinsfire, are you able to log into the server at all (FTP, email, etc.)? If so, you can change your password in the User Admin site by going to http://www.planetfurry.com/user and log in with your user name, domain (assuming planetfurry.com and not one of the other sites on the server), and current password. Click on User Information from the left system menu, click Edit on the User Information page, and enter your new password on the following screen. The change should be immediate.

Note, the "secure" site's certificate is expired, but is still functioning.

Also, if possible, if you have any examples of the messages for which you are getting bounce-backs, specifically the original message (not the bounce), it would be helpful if you could forward those to me via email or PM. I would need the full message headers to trace whether they came from your email account, or if they were just spoofed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: