Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALN/ALS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I look at this, the better it is. She even got all the major scars right, from the facial one that nearly took out her eye, to her split lips, the one left by the arrow through her throat, and even the one stemming from her left hand getting severed and reattached. And Constantine is the absolute epiphany of cool! Seriously ... plus there's a couple of details about him that I don't want to give away but which are just going to blow people's mind Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EXan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
And at least one of Aslaug's weapons should cause a few raised eyebrows around here, but to my proofers it won't be that big a surprise.

A big inflatable hammer? :O

The BioCobra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: will it be in colour? I would really like to see it in colour.

Also, while I do expect it to be a true work of art courtesy of Niki, I cannot ignore the fact that this is very much YOUR interpretation of the characters, filly. Aslaug is perfect as she is meant to be depicted there, because she is your character, and you've described the character to Niki from your mental image of her. The Constantine standing next to her is your Constantine, not my Constantine. The way you describe him with such enthusiasm all comes from your depiction of my character. Yours and my interpretations are very similar, I'll grant you, but it will feel a little distant from what I imagined. Bear that in mind.

That said, the artwork is still truly astonishing, and I will praise Niki for her work once again as being top notch, and you for putting her up to it in the first place. Wink

(P.S. sorry if the second paragraph comes across as being bitchy on my behalf, but it's late at night where I am and I've had a long day...) Embarassed

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
dsquare1111

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: My 0.02 USD worth Reply with quote

Kellan Meig'h wrote:

. . . Okay, I think somebody else can try to make that measurement. I'll just say for the record that she looks taller than 14.2 hh.

*drops tape measure, starts running*

#Popcornsmile

Ok, you wuss. So, she could cleave most adult fur in half without breaking a sweat. Personally, I like strong females. Her strength is very attractive.

If you think about it, her savagery is never unprovoked, so why fear it? If you have no malice in your heart I believe she is no threat.

For all of her skill as a warrior, I have yet to see her mount a defense against kindness.

Bottom line, if addressed with sincerity, she would never turn a deaf ear, hesitation, caution & even suspension, but never unprovoked violence.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ...

Just wow.

What a compliment. Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Contents under pressure

- xxx poke at own risk -

(*Scrawled underneath*)
'Certain curesses may be consider a poke as well'
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys and gals, that new picture of Aslaug and Constantine is up in the Axe Shed's gallery, even if the thumbnail doesn't seem to work properly. For those of you that haven't already, go check it out. Sorry to beat the filly to the punch here, but I'm ecstatic to see it up as well, so I'm hoping she'll forgive me. Shocked
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great artwork! Constantine is the epitome' of anime' cool. The artstyle reminds me a bit of Full Metal Alchemist. And....what's that on Aslaug's hip? Joe would be so proud. Wondeful work.

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug packing a revolver?!? Shocked

Very good rendition of our two players. Well done!

Mr. Green

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remember, she picked one up on the abortive story "Gunsmoke" that never made its way to my page. She actually owns a pair of those babies now.

Wanna hear what one of those things sound like? Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8l4DDEFKBg

S'called a Taurus Raging Bull, and frankly, there's something to be said for bigger guns in Aslaug's case. Can you guys seriously imagine her with some piddling little peashooter?

Oh, and I still want a date with my own character. That -has- to be wrong on some level or other.
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabrielle goes on a date with Aslaug? Filly-on-Filly? What would Yohni say?

(or perhaps, where would she want to be?) *Snicker*

Okay, I've been hanging around Zig Zag too long.

Embarassed
TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*facepalm*

Well, apart from the fact that I am not certain the world would survive another direct meeting of Gabby and Coach Larsen, I WAS sorta referring to her human form, and /myself/ Twisted Evil
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, that IS a problem when a writer/astist (with a 'stable' of characters) wants to actually meet (especially when they don't say which two, or one in some cases)...

(*Heads for the site to view...*)

[Hmmm, wonders which background would work better - a (spaghetti) western or a 'modern' viking???]
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather thought the Valkyrie would pack a Bowen Classic Arms RD08 Redhawk conversion in .475 Linebaugh.

In a fit of lucidity (or insanity) I sent a perfectly good Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum to Hamilton Bowen for conversion. After I got it back, I have fired exactly 23 rounds through it over the years. The recoil is just incredible! Just the thing Aslaug would pack.

By the way, Monty Hill says she can borrow his Rifle anytime.

Mr. Green

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely revolver there ... but size matters to her, you know that. And the Taurus Raging Bull is just a feckin' HUGE gun ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: