Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Body Modification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shilo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Body Modification Reply with quote

Thoughts on it? I personally modify my body. So far I have almost inch long plugs and a lip ring. :D

Share experiences and such.
Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff currently available holds no interest for me. But more power to those so inclined.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you hit the age of 25, those things you wish you would have done you wont anymore. Of course there are late bloomers and mid life crisis to change all that.

Being one of the older members here, I have done a lot of crazy things in my past and continue to do so but I have not done those things like tats and bodmods. Nor, like the theory says, am no longer interested in doing those things.

I do have many friends that do have tats and bodmods, and as such have heard horror stories of things that went wrong or people who should not have gotten those things. I would agree with bodmod artists and experts - see a doctor first to make sure you are clear of any infections you may not be aware of. And get their opinion on such things. But also get opinions on those who have it done to them and ask who's the best artist around in their opinion for the buck. Bodmods are great when done well, but some artists charge an arm and a leg for their works (because their expenses are so high: studio rent, supplies, etc.)

Once you get the mod, always follow up on the hygiene routines the artists tells you to follow. This is a must. You don't want a nasty infection from improper hygiene routines on the mod, or at worse, Gangrene.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want it done to my body, either.

Not just because I don't find it attractive, but also for the health risks.

I'm a blood donor, and according to the blood bank, a tattoo or piercing can get you a half-year quarantine or more.
And that's just because of the danger of infection with 'less dangerous stuff'...
Those who get tattoos in Asia will be told to 'get back in a year, or never'...
The local tattoo shop has a note on the door that they DO NOT FIX work made by amateurs...

Did you know that those fake tattoos using 'henna' or more commonly 'burnt henna' can cause problems?
Not just will the hotel charge you for the cost of the bedsheets(assuming you get the tattoo while on vacation) because the stuff is almost impossible to wash out properly, but it can cause you to become hypersensitive(read: allergic) to hair dyes...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting on a full body replacement AKA Ghost in the Shell. Till then, I'm still original equipment only. Laughing

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PrincessB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a teen I wanted pierced ears, my parents made me wait till I was 18, by the time 18 came along my life was far too filled with awfulness to care about ear piercings. To this day I've never gotten them and likely never will. As an adult the interest left. I have a few magnetic earrings for the extremely rare occasion that I want something.

I never wanted a tattoo growing up but now am a bit interested in it, though not interested enough to risk the potential pain or bad effects.

So I'm still all me, no extras, though sometimes my cat tries to give me piercings I don't want. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Latrans

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one tat. I do plan to get another, matching one.

Here's my feeling on modifications, though. If you had decided to do something to your body ten years ago, would you still want it there? This is, of course, a rhetorical question, but should help illustrate how decisions that seem intelligent at the time are, in fact, in poor taste. That's not to say you shouldn't make them. The tat I've got I've had for 11 years. I'm still proud of it and it means something to me. The one I'm planning on, I've been thinking on for a couple years. Mods are not for everybody, but if you do them, be absolutely sure they're what you want, because most of them will never go away.

Is it something you will still want when you're 90+ years old eating oat meal in the retirement home?
Vallus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only mods I'm interested in are cybernetic replacements for when my original equipment really starts to fall apart. Given that I'm only 32 that shouldn't happen for a while barring accidents or an unknown medical condition knocking out something early. Considering how advanced some prosthetics are already real cybernetics should happen within my lifetime, the real question will be whether or not I can afford them.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two tattoos so far, and more will likely join in time. I personally do not find elongated earloves attractive, and excessive piercing of any kind tends to leave me cold as well. But done tastefully and by someone skilled, it can definitely look good.

I get my tattoos for absolutely personal reasons, and they hold meaning to me far beyond "wow, they look good".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elle Femme

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My standard and advise are: think about what this will look like in 30+ years of weight gain and/or loss, natural loss of elasticity, sagging, sun damage, etc. Location is almost as important as image with the whole tattoo issue. If you want a tat, have the image somewhere where you see it every day (wall, ceiling, mirror, whatever) and if you aren't sick of it after 6 months then go ahead.

Personally I have neither tattoos nor piercings. I'll get a tat when I can afford to shell out for a *good* artist and I have a design of major personal significance to me. I just can't do piercings; I gave up after the 3rd try, when I had an earring hole heal up after two months in the time it took to change the earring.

Good luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: