Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aslaug.eu blog comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN!, just damn....

Children, any nation's biggest treasure and their biggest hostage at the same time...
Wolfshead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our sympathies and support in their time of pain.
tobi3B

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A extreme drama
my prayers are with the families who lost a loved one at that horrible day

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Kaeto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil shall never win so long as there are people of good heart and mind.
Kaeto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My beliefs are weird by anybodies notion, but I can honestly say by my beliefs the people who stood up to this murdering nutcase to protect the innocent have earned their seats at the high table. And that excuse for a minister has earned his place at the door. As a mat for the people at the table to wipe their feet on.
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug, a bit of an update and correction to your blog.

The bastard didn't use Dum-dums, he used 'Frangible' bullets.
These are the same type of bullets that US air-marshals use, and they're also popular at some shooting ranges because they almost completely disintegrates when they hit something, so there's no worry about ricochets. Makes the doctors job a whole lot worse, though as there's literally thousands of fragments in the wound. (Which is supposedly why he used them)

He used steroids... Not just to build up his body, but also because he WANTED the 'I'm invincible' mindset that often comes with this type of shit.

As for Mad Mads, he's dropping crap out of the wrong hole.
Very few people will ever have the courage to attack a gunman with just a stick or stone. Doing so is hopeless, and will at best give the others a second or two extra time to run. Nothing more.
It's difficult enough to train soldiers to react correctly while under fire, so why should civillians be able to do it?
The Sergeant for my troop while I was in Boot-camp decades ago said that he had no idea how he would react under fire, and if anyone thought they did, they were idiots.
(It wouldn't surprise me if he later ended up as special forces. )

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
EXan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, just beautiful. Especially the last part, well said Filly.

anthony wrote:

The bastard didn't use Dum-dums, he used 'Frangible' bullets.
These are the same type of bullets that US air-marshals use, and they're also popular at some shooting ranges because they almost completely disintegrates when they hit something, so there's no worry about ricochets. Makes the doctors job a whole lot worse, though as there's literally thousands of fragments in the wound. (Which is supposedly why he used them)

Nothing supposedly about that. We're not talking about an Einzelgänger, that just snapped one day. Like what happened here in the Netherlands earlier this year.
He is the most scary example of an Einzelgänger. Some one with time to prepare and the will to do something like this.
He choose the ammunitions designed for use against unarmored targets.

But the point that I hover around which I ALWAYS do.
I'm worried about the aftermath of this. What rules and regulations will be put in place that will have no use what so ever.

More paper work to acquire Diesel and Fertilizer - You just added more workload on farmers.
More Gun control. - Has no use on first offenders even if you make the waiting period a year.
Banning guns for people with certain views or that have made offensive remarks - You'll have lawsuits for discrimination before the ink is dry.
And just as a extra; Illegal weapons move in different circles. So regulations don't apply.

Conclusion: You can not stop things like this. There is always a fish small enough to escape the net.

Quote:
He used steroids... Not just to build up his body, but also because he WANTED the 'I'm invincible' mindset that often comes with this type of shit.

Well let's hope he's infertile now so he doesn't reproduce.

Quote:
As for Mad Mads, he's dropping crap out of the wrong hole.
Very few people will ever have the courage to attack a gunman with just a stick or stone. Doing so is hopeless, and will at best give the others a second or two extra time to run. Nothing more.
It's difficult enough to train soldiers to react correctly while under fire, so why should civillians be able to do it?
The Sergeant for my troop while I was in Boot-camp decades ago said that he had no idea how he would react under fire, and if anyone thought they did, they were idiots.
(It wouldn't surprise me if he later ended up as special forces. )

I think I can predict pretty accurately how I would respond; Pissing myself and hopefully running.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting a tighter control over semi-automatic rifles, if nothing else.
(There's no real reason anyone should need those, anyway, are there? I can't think of any, at least.)

Besides that, I expect there will be more road-blocks and such near public buildings, so that it'll be difficult to park a car near them.

'Einzelganger', isn't the right word for him.
He actually had a social life, was active on FaceBook, played WoW and COD(or whatever. Supposedly used it as training... )
He is a sociopath, and they don't shy away from society; they USE society to further their own goals and doesn'tt care if anyone is hurt. As long as it further thir own goals it's OK with them.
(They know it's wrong, it's just that they don't care)

Of course, most people mentioned in his 'manifesto' are now busy disowning any knowledge of him, or calling him names that's not fit to publish.
A gang in Oslo, the 'B-gang', consisting of pakistani youths mostly not only claims that he NEVER hung out with them, but have supposedly set a price on his head...

There may be some suggestions about control of fertilisers, but...
He started a company and rented a farm, just to make it look normal.
If he needed it to, he would probably have run the farm for a year or two to get hold of the fertiliser.
Controlling diesel would be impossible...

He used nitromethane(RC aircraft fuel) in the booster charge.
sure, it was unusual for one person to buy 32Liters of it, but he spread the order to two online shops. A 16L (4 x 4L cans) order is still a bit unusual, but not exactly unheard of as hobbyists often get together and send in a larger order to save on shipping. And model clubs also buy those quantities.
He used aluminium powder.
Sure, buying powder is easy, but he could also have bought something made of aluminium and ground it up. It just takes longer.
(Beer cans, drinks bottles, mountaineering lanyards, bicycle frames... )

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
EXan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay before I start. When I 'debate' I turn Devil's advocate all the way. So I may end up saying something offensive. When I do please point that out and I will correct and apologize.

So let us begin.

anthony wrote:
I'm expecting a tighter control over semi-automatic rifles, if nothing else.
(There's no real reason anyone should need those, anyway, are there? I can't think of any, at least.)

Hunters, farmers and maybe people who go hiking a lot in the woods. As I believe there are wolves in Norway.
But that is not the point. Tighter in which way? Because at one point the weapon will enter a persons hand and even with periodical check ups you will have to leave the person and the weapon alone at some point.

anthony wrote:
Besides that, I expect there will be more road-blocks and such near public buildings, so that it'll be difficult to park a car near them.

Making it harder for them to be reached. In a way effective but then you could use; Dumpsters, trashcans, a bike's saddlebags any alcove or even a pond. The charge will have to be smaller, so maybe more spread out. All you would need is time and to compensate for the shrapnel lost by adding nails, bolts, ball bearings.

anthony wrote:
'Einzelganger', isn't the right word for him.
He actually had a social life, was active on FaceBook, played WoW and COD(or whatever. Supposedly used it as training... )
He is a sociopath, and they don't shy away from society; they USE society to further their own goals and doesn'tt care if anyone is hurt. As long as it further thir own goals it's OK with them.
(They know it's wrong, it's just that they don't care)

Then perhaps Einzelganger is the correct word. Would he ever truly consider someone as a friend? The social aspect of his life could very well be a complete lie, a mask for the world.

anthony wrote:
Of course, most people mentioned in his 'manifesto' are now busy disowning any knowledge of him, or calling him names that's not fit to publish.
A gang in Oslo, the 'B-gang', consisting of pakistani youths mostly not only claims that he NEVER hung out with them, but have supposedly set a price on his head...

That is the basic 'Covering off asses' however some will silently cheer for him. And I'm afraid if the victims would be muslim there would be MUCH more.
And the price on his head, is the basic reaction from one point of view reacting to another. The gesture is pointless and insubstantial.

anthony wrote:
There may be some suggestions about control of fertilisers, but...
He started a company and rented a farm, just to make it look normal.
If he needed it to, he would probably have run the farm for a year or two to get hold of the fertiliser.
Controlling diesel would be impossible...

He started it in 2008 according to what I've read. Again there is a limitation to the degree of control you can exert on it.
The shawshank redemption has one of the most beautiful example of what a determined mind can do with time.

anthony wrote:
He used nitromethane(RC aircraft fuel) in the booster charge.
sure, it was unusual for one person to buy 32Liters of it, but he spread the order to two online shops. A 16L (4 x 4L cans) order is still a bit unusual, but not exactly unheard of as hobbyists often get together and send in a larger order to save on shipping. And model clubs also buy those quantities.
He used aluminium powder.
Sure, buying powder is easy, but he could also have bought something made of aluminium and ground it up. It just takes longer.
(Beer cans, drinks bottles, mountaineering lanyards, bicycle frames... )

So he used chemicals that anyone can buy. Only way to stop it is to limit a certain freedom for people. And as Benjamin Franklin said "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."

Wrapping up. I expect people will stop thinking critically and use fear to rationalize the added 'precautions'.
While there is nothing wrong with taking precautions.
"There is always a fish small enough to escape the net."
If you don't want hardship in life. Then you're better off not being born at all.
It is harsh but so is life even for the most spoiled of people.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we have wolves here, but not that many, and there hasn't been a confirmed attack by wolves here in written history.
(Wolves will try to avoid contact with adult humans)
I'm more worried about 'tame' dogs running 'off leash' with their owners far off in the woods.

Tighter control... Probably a ban on selling them for 'non-competition' purposes. (Some use semi-automatics in a competition, 'field shooting', which incidentally starts in Bodø on Monday. Of course, they don't fiddle around with .223 there. Most use 7.62x51 NATO or similar. Some even use AG-3 assault-rifles.)
There might be restrictions on some types of ammunition, too.
(Most people don't need dum-dums or frangible bullets.)

Like my Avatar?
Kaeto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you call Dum-Dums are in common use here in the U.S. for hunting. I use a 30.06 myself with expanding (or mushrooming) projectiles. The idea is that they go in and then make a large wound cavity thereby killing the animal quicker.
Kaeto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I own both a Bolt Action rifle in 30.06 as well as a Semi-Auto M1 Garand in 30.06.
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily-livered?! I resent that! I may be timid at times (and a wee bit paranoid), but I am most certainly not a coward! I dare you to come to the south of England and face me off about this! Oh, wait, you already are. How convenient... But still, you will feel my timid and paranoid wrath! Rolling Eyes

Also... HOLIDAY! This is one of those few instances where your chronic Anglophilia has let you down, filly. If you come to my beloved country claiming to be an Anglophile and use the word vacation in my presence, there will be words... British English words of superlative vocabulary... aimed in your direction about the issue.

And finally, you should believe your proofers reactions. I have no doubt that they see something very special in whatever you're doing. After all, if this story is to be, as I believe you put it, your magnum opus, then it will be a mark above your already very high writing standards. Either way, I hope you enjoy writing it, your proofers enjoy proofing it, and the rest of us will enjoy it if and when it hits the book-stores' shelves. Wink

Anyway, enjoy your holiday. Hopefully, it will be a real blast.

Cobra out.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmnmm, vacation - trying to do too much in too short of time in too many locations (usually needing another to actually rest up from the last)...

In other words - relax and enjoy (scenery, tastes, locations, etc)...
tobi3B

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy you vacation Aslaug Very Happy

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 35 of 46

Jump to: