Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Besides your chosen animal...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrincessB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Besides your chosen animal... Reply with quote

what animals do you really love?

On the other side, what animals do you not really care for?

Any reasons for a specific like or dislike?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Kitties (i.e. tigers, panthers, cougars, snow leopards, etc.) I've always been a cat lover, and I want to just cuddle with them & pet them. (I know they'd eat me alive, but I can dream, right?)

Horses. They're just so majestic and beautiful. And you can pet a horse!

Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like prairie dogs. In fact, I like them enough that I've carefully remained ignorant of them for fear of learning something about them I don't want to know.
Asalis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am and always will be a cat person. Nothing like a not so simple house cat to add an interesting twist to your life.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Big Kitties (i.e. tigers, panthers, cougars, snow leopards, etc.) I've always been a cat lover, and I want to just cuddle with them & pet them. (I know they'd eat me alive, but I can dream, right?)

DAWWW! You love me? *gets all warm and fuzzy* I think you're special too Laughing I like most animales, dogs, birds, ferrets, and such But a have special love (no not THAT kind of love) for al felines.

Leonato

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Big Kitties (i.e. tigers, panthers, cougars, snow leopards, etc.) I've always been a cat lover, and I want to just cuddle with them & pet them. (I know they'd eat me alive, but I can dream, right?)...

Aww, they wouldn't do that... There are plenty of people in their daily lives who get to pet and even play with big cats! Its just often, what a big cat sees as 'play' is dangerous to humans, but perfectly acceptable to those of their own.

And, like with people, there are those who are ill tempered, and really do mean harm... and being predators the way they are, they can easily carry out those whims if you give them the opportunity.

Still, there are plenty who are quite nice, and friendly even.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Life-Among-the-Big-Cats-of-Africa
That is a point-and-case of how life with big cats is quite possible, if one just pays attention, and knows the boundaries, and areas where care must be taken. Especially when big kitties are showing affection, the size and power difference makes it easy for them to cause harm just by being friendly.

And as if I hadn't already tipped my paw enough already, of course the animals I feel a connection to are other felines, big felines.

As for animals I don't much care for... many of the highly-selectively bred K9 species. That is to say, Chihuahuas, Jack-Russel-Terrorists... err... Terriers. Little yappy dogs... cant -stand- them, its a dis-service to the Canid genome that they exist anymore. Especially the breeds developed just to be show-off pieces, without any actual working purpose for their existence.

Anyway, thats -this- cats 2c =~.^=

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

PrincessB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely like wolves and when I was little a raised some ducks as pets and have always liked ducks. I also had kind of a dorky joke about Polar bears one year when I was a teen so that Christmas most of my friends bought me polar bear stuff and I kind of like them anyway so I enjoy them too.

I really don't like coyotes. I think part of it is because coyotes were a problem during a bad time in my life and while I didn't much like them to begin with I really don't like them now.
And yes, yappy dogs are a waist of space.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: