Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need a break

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: I need a break Reply with quote

I've always wondered why long-time members of PF occasionally left, or at least why some of them took breaks from this place. By now, I guess I'm one of the "old guard", myself ... and I'm finally beginning to understand why some of them do so.

I'm going away for a bit. I might ... or might not ... check my forum here during the time I'm away. I don't know, to be honest. I've got stuff written and ready to be posted, and that will still get done regularly and on time, to those who give a damned.

Over the years I've been here, I've managed to step quite severely on the toes of a lot of you. I know a lot of you still think of me as little better than a forum troll, because of some of the problems that arose during my first year or two on PF. That's your opinion, you're entitled to it, and I'm sure those of you who feel that way will be more than happy to see me go.

Lately, I find myself increasingly at odds with a number of people here. I find myself increasingly disillusioned with parts of the furry community here on PF. I won't name anyone. It's uncalled for, and there's no point in dragging anyone's name out in public, just because I personally have a problem with something. However, certain opinions have been voiced to me over the last six months or so, that have slowly but surely made me realize that I probably would do well to piss off, not to put too fine a point on it. I'm not quite ready to leave permanently, but I have no idea when I'll be back as an active poster.

Some of you have my Email-address, and you're welcome to use it, but I ask that one thing is respected, and that is that I'm not vetted on "why're you doing this?"

I realize some people might want to know, but I don't want to talk about it, and in the end, that decision is mine to make. I don't want to waste one more second of my life with bile rising in my throat because of the things that have been said over the last half year. There are enough things in the world to be annoyed at. This shouldn't be one of them. This should just be a hobby. A place to go for a bit of fun. Right now, it isn't.

End rant.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tobi3B

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to see you back

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, you're outspoken, not afraid to take a stance, and if a few toes gets squished under a steel-capped hoof... Them's the breaks...

I believe the two of us haven't always seen eye to eye on things, but then again, I like a good argument now and then, so that's a win-win situation.

I don't post very often in your story topics, but that's just because I don't have anything to add, and I so hate those 'me too' type posts.

So, keep writing, and don't you dare stay away for too long.

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Syrius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll have a mug with cold lemonade or warm chocolate ready, depending on the time of your return. Go in peace.
Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your time to yourself, hope to see you back again.
Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, your having hooves does make it a little harder to step on without just being nasty but...if you feel you need the break, then by all means - TAKE IT! It's your mental health (so make the best of it)...

Should still be here when you return (nothing about the future is ever 100%, well other than death and taxes, and I'm not sure bout the last)
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a break and I'll be here when you return.

Take care,

Kel

Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that make me a member of the old guard now? o3o

Oh well, hope you find the peace you're looking for. I know how you feel. I don't exactly get along with some people around here m'self.

Granted the worst of them left. So I guess my biggest feud left with him. On the flip side one of my closest friends (Vee) also left. Crying or Very sad

I'm getting off topic. Take care.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Asalis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will definitely miss you Aslaug. I may not have been very outspoken but I do enjoy your writings. Your skills are by far Superior to mine. I've been on this forum for a great many years now myself. In that time I've never really said much but I've seen a lot come and go and well, I hope to see you again. Gonna miss you till then.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Teric

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am sorry to see you go, Aslaug, and hope to see you come back soon.
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care Aslaug I hope too see you back soon...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: