Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aslaug.eu blog comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tobi3B

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post this here because I think it fit ^^
Change is happening
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40715888/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, it seems that whenever someone says 'We're not xxxx', that's just what they are.

Me?
I don't know that any of my friends are gay and don't intnd to find out, either.
All I know is that I would probably freak out if one did try to hit on me.
In other words; don't ask, don't tell, and for Gods sake, don't cop a feel...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's see, it is a downside of having an armed populace (internal disorder) and it happened almost like a 'western myth' (coming in to town and just shooting the opposition)...

'An armed society is a polite society (until someone decides to be unpolite then it's just a shooting match).'
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the cruel ironies of this is that Gabrielle Giffords supports gun rights...

Anyway, I don't believe I have words to convey how awful this makes me feel, and how awful it is as an event. I can only say that it tears my heart out, even from 4000+ miles away. I honestly can't say anything else.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Benleopard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one reads the 2nd amendment of the United states constitution, it clearly states that only the states militia may bear arms within the boarders of the country, no one else. No private citizen or military personal should own a gun while on the country's soil except for the state's militia.

The events that have happened in my belief that this is now the stone thrown in a still water lake that will have drastic effects for all of us that live within the boarders of the United States. Where ripples lead, I am not sure but with people like Sara Palin shooting their mouths off instead of thinking before they speak, we are in a dire and very dark place where our Liberties that we take for granted every day are now in danger (a good example is the PATRIOT ACT signed by former Gov. G.W. Bush that states the president has the power to name anyone, domestic and foreign to be a enemy terrorist and have them locked up without due process or seeing the evidence used against him. Even tried by a military tribunal, maybe even executed).

I am afraid of this country that I live in.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to point out, quite firmly, that I have already received one message from someone who disagreed with me. It was respectfully done, and I appreciate that and consequently, I am not going to name who it was. Nor do I think that the person in question needs to come forward about it. I will simply state that I read the message and then deleted it. It is the only message I have deliberately deleted from my in-box after receiving it here on PF. I did so for my own reasons. I will not share them. The person who sent them to me is someone I otherwise respect, and because of that respect, I will not mention that message again.

Ever.

I am, however, making it clear to anyone and everyone, that I am not going to get involved in ANY kind of debate about this issue, ANY kind of exchange of opinions, ANY kind of friendly explanations of different viewpoints.

Why? Because out of respect for the dead, I will not risk getting myself entangled in a heated argument over this. I have made MY views clear. That is what they are ... -my- views, and they remain absolute and unaltered in the slightest, even after the message I received.

I looked at the images of six dead people today. Out of respect for them, I will speak my mind, and then respectfully NOT get involved in anything that even has the potential to evolve into an argument. Others are free to have their opinions.

Should you disagree with me on this, you are welcome to say so. I ask that it is done respectfully.

I will not say another word on this issue here. If I do, I will almost certainly say something I will dearly regret later.

I ask you all to respect that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EXan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriotism... Something a lot of Americans pride themselves on having it... I watched a Jeff Dunham show a couple of days ago and the mere mention of the USA makes the crowd go hooting and cheering.

And no matter how often I see it I will aways grow a little scared.
Why scared? Because here in Europe, when someone is that "Proud" of his country it's someone that will knock you out when you disagree. (I've dodged a lot of fists, and failed on a lot more dodges.)

I'm scared seeing the US change slowly into a country of Xenophobic Religious Zealots.
Why do I care? (I was asked this in Tokyo by an American in our hostel)
And I responded with a Quote from Billy Connolly; "Because you're sitting next to the frak* button."

To connect this rant to the post. The US hasn't been at peace since 1941. And it's thirst for Combat just keeps growing. And WHEN the dollar actually falls, I will not be suprised if they'll grab for the weapons to keep they're position in the world. Because let's face it... the Us is slowly becoming a third world country...

I've got to get to work but I will continue later....

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowly becoming... ?

No.
The economy is a shambles, much of the non-military industry is collapsing, a large part of the population can't afford healthcare, society is 'stratifying'(into 'those who have' and 'those who have not'), there's armed groups hiding 'everywhere', local religions are becoming more and more extreme. the leaders have gone absolutely crazy in surveilance of their own citizens...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
EXan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing:

Doesn't the US realize how most of the people of the world see them? Fat gun hoarding wackos, interfering with everybody while their own country is going to ruins.

Now I appreciat what the US did in WWII they did good. But after that it went downhill... fast.

But why did it happen? Why did the land of freedom become so restricted? It's not just 9-11 it was starting before that.

Was it anger was it fear?

Fear for what? Repetition? Not even the UK hit these extremes during '80 & '90 with the IRA...
Of course it wasn't a big one with 3000 deaths, but people are starting to get fed up with the US....

And now this.. an attack on a politician, several people dead including A CHILD!
Wasn't this an attack on freedom as well? People with guns deciding in a Democracy?
Sure it was only one gunman but where there is one there are always more.
Maybe it will not come to that... Maybe it will remain calm.
But the US really needs to start looking at themselves instead of pointing the finger.
Because I fear that what will come in it's place when the US collapses....

Sorry for the rant.... But dear Lady you've really been pushing all my buttons the last couple of blogposts....

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug; I will definitely be missing you on the forum.

As for your blog posts agitating people?
Frankly, your posts forces people to think and to take a stand.
Not everyone like being pulled out of their rosy dream and into the real world, and will bitch about it. But that's their problem, not yours.
(No one is forcing them to read your blog after all... )

BTW: One of your favorite subjects are on the move again.
The Teabladders want to revise American history now...

Like my Avatar?
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Oh Wow! Reply with quote

Just read your blog and after reading it a few times, I salute your courage and fortitude.

As my Scottish ancestors would say, "Guid Oan You!"

I wish you the best of luck in Ireland. Keep in touch, please?

Slainte M'Hath,

Kel

Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well, well...hopefully you'll be able to celebrate St Pat's with a job!!!
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can.

I got it this morning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EXan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COngratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is really good news Very Happy

The best of luck in Ireland Smile And we hope to see you back here ASAP Smile

Big hugs,

Your favorite beating object Very Happy

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

Seems like more and more of my favorite authors move there.
(First C.E Murphy, now you. )

Anywy, enjoy the Green Island of Erin!

Like my Avatar?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 31 of 46

Jump to: