Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Mystic Wolf is back
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
As for 'dating' a story, that would depend on the opponent [not so much if it's a division foe, as they meet several times a year (even if the home team IS known)], non-division foes might date things a little more but ... (interleague is every three years, so are they talking current or previous performances). Comparing team preformaces have a wider time frame. Same for the Vikings or Wild or (hmm, can't think of the NHL team atm)...

The Wild are the NHL team, the Timber Wolves are our NBA team, as well as being one the worst NBA teams to ever take the court. Since I'm not a fan of American Football, Basketball, Hockey, or most any other sport, and I have very little interest in the Olympics since they removed Baseball and softball as events. You won't see me using those sports as a reference.

As for dating a story I do it more to give stories a reference point then anything else. If I was to use an event as a major focal point of a story that would date it quite quickly, but if I only mention it briefly like I did with the 400,000 DVDs then I don't believe it draws attention away from the story locking it down.

As Frazikar points out Baseball teams oppose each other several times a season, the reason I'd use a current schedule is more for so I can keep things straight in my own mind, with out locking people down into a dated time.

Asalis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got done reading the story titled Sam and I must say well done sir! Very Happy You had me on edge there at the end with her but you pulled it off beautifully. I'm starting in on She of the Honey Voice next so i'll post something once i've finished reading it there.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Wild are the NHL team, the Timber Wolves are our NBA team...

Which explains the mis-rememberance...leastways, all four are available...
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigurd Volsung wrote:
...I'm not a fan of American Football, Basketball, Hockey, or most any other sport,

Ditto.
And what did many war movies (did they do it in RL?) use years ago to prove someone to be a real American? Sports questions! Razz

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
Quote:
The Wild are the NHL team, the Timber Wolves are our NBA team...

Which explains the mis-rememberance...leastways, all four are available...

I forgot to mention our pro-lacrosse team the Swarm, and our WNBA team the Lynx.

We may soon lose the Vikings unless a new stadium is built for them. If that does happen, and I really could care less, that will probably be mentioned in a future story.

Back on the subject of the Mystic Wolf itself. I have news that should make people happy. The fourth story Something Beyond a Dream and the fifth story Silver Night (Which is a reworking, and continuation of a story that was pulled a while back), are already in the planning/writing stage. Something Beyond a Dream will hopefully be ready to start posting February or March next year Silver Night will start posting about a year from now for reasons that will be made incredibly clear in it's very first chapter. It is quite possible that between those two stories I may be able to write another story. If that appears to be the case you will find out as soon as it goes into the early writing stage.

Once again if people get to the point where they want to start writing their own material for the series I have written notes on the bar itself and characters within, that should be very useful.

Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Last edited by Karou WindStalker on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, duets (EJ & KkD)?
tijn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that there would easily be a misunderstanding from both ends of the romantic interest.

It's probably my bad luck but I have never ever met a girl who has stunning looks + good voice + good character because the good looks will almost certainly demolish the character of the femme in question.
Society makes very clear that good looks are good looks. One will not grow up without being aware of having good looks and the positive bearing your environment has with that.
Even if she suddenly became beautiful in the last two years, she'll be aware and act accordingly.
But then again, that's RL and luckily this is a writer's view.

So, we'll see when (not if) Sam will be the connection?
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay some annoying news I just got from the Ol' Grey One himself. His DSL is going down on the first and will be down until the seventh (at least that's what I believe he said in an email that I accidentally erased before I write this) so chapter four of She of the Honey Voice won't go up until the eleventh. Yes I know that sucks royally but what can we do Sad Anyways chapter five I still have planned to be ready to go up on the eighteenth as it is already nearing completion.
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear readers.

As much as I hate to say this I will not be posting for a while as I am going to temporarily ban myself from the internet. I am dealing with a very serious addiction to the internet and it is starting to really hurt my relationship with my beloved wife. I will be spending a lot of this time writing so I am fairly certain that by the time I return to the internet that She of the Honey Voice will be completed, and that a second story will be either completed or at least well on its way there.
I will be off the web for at least one month as I try to break my addiction, I will not even be using my email, though Patty will be checking it for me and may respond to any questions you have for me.
I will still be writing and while there will be no posts for a while I promise in front of Odin and all his children that I will be back unless something happens that is beyond my control. Mike has chapter four in his paws so I assume that he will post that one.

A. Sigurd Olson
aka Sigurd Wolf Volsung

Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well darn, get re-connected asap, there's a romance that needs continuing...
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
Well darn, get re-connected asap, there's a romance that needs continuing...

Sorry buddy. This is the wife talking and he is not reconnecting until this is taken care of. Also, with Sigurd not being online he has almost completed the story She of a Honey Voice.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...he is not reconnecting until this is taken care of.

Aaahhh, ASAP = As Soon As Possible - no time limit on getting the job done (just returning afterward)...
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty here. Since the last chapter was posted, 4 more chapters have been completed and there should be a total of 10 chapters. More will be posted when Sig gets back.
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter five of She of the Honey Voice is on the shelf now. While I have not finished the story, which is due to being involved in several other projects as well as this already turning into the worst year of my life, and it isn't even half way through February yet, things are a bit in a hold up. Chapter's 6-8 are with Anthony Lion now, chapter 9 is well in the works, and before I work on chapter 10 I need to do some field research to make the chapter authentic to the setting. If you want a hint at the setting look up Walker Art Center Sculpture, Patty and I are going to go around the garden so I can get a good feel for some of the sculptures, since one fascinates me to no end and I need to go and experience it first paw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: