Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lieutenant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Alexi!
tijn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirates... seek and destroy.
Under Admiral Rabbit and counselor Raccoon, I would sign on.
Wink

I wonder what David would do about stray pirates, wouldn't give them much of a chance.
Benleopard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More... must read more... laced with catnip pages please. =^^=

kcmack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, whats a bunny to do when all he has is a hand full of half starved troops, a huge number of dead bodies with space suites, and a nuke? Here is a question for you. I seem to recall that there is a way to remote fly the jetpacks on the sutes? I am wondering if it would be possible for David to use them as a possible diversion. Maybe put the nuke inside a empty space suite and have it fly at a ship surrounded by a huge number or "marine boarders". Granted. its not the nicest thing to do with your dead but you might be able to take out at least one ship that way. Heck, even have the rabbits with guns in rabbit suites in the mix shooting at weak points on the hulls of the enemy ships.
One thing I am wondering about. Why can't they take apart the gun that works and move it over too the working turret?

Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth...

This part of the series was inspired in part by the Real-Life Battle of Wake Island in 1941.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wake_Island

This article is a very dry and unemotional relating of facts, while the actual events there were fraught with terror, drama, and above all an overwhelming sense of defiance. You'll find many parallels with "Lieutenant" in this battle, including the fact that many of the defenders of Wake were civilian volunteers.

So far as I know the successful repulse of the first landing at Wake marks the _only_ failure of a major attempted amphibious operation during WWII by any nation. The defenders were well on their way to repulsing a _second_ invasion when their commander surrendered-- he was out of communications with many of his own troops and unaware that a very promising counter-attack was already underway and going well.

If this work ever sees publication, very likely it'll be dedicated to the defenders of Wake Island, who dared to go down fighting.

Last edited by Rabbit on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
tijn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get a little apprehensive about what is David going to have to endure yet.

I mean, it's not as if there is a way out of there apart from mounting engines on that rock now is there? I sure do hope he won't lose his new-found crew. Being a pain in the ass of the imperials is hardly where his impact on Rabbit-kind ends.

Rabbit, I'd never thought dry books on WOII battles could be used for stories! Considering David (in a way) has access to all you know about it, I'd like to find out where this all is heading!
Then again, David is young. He can't know everything, can he? He's bound to make mistakes.
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He's bound to make mistakes.

True, he will, but so far he really hasn't had an chance to make one (but that will change)...
tobi3B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David and his slavebunnies the new elite ^^
The bunnies can set a trap after all the imperial see them as not threat to them Very Happy

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
tijn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I feared, David would not fold so easily.
I think the cavalry was to be expected but I do wonder if it really is that.

Sir Rabbit, I have no reference to compare these kind of battle-story-things you do. Loving it. I must say I'm glad you keep the gore to a level I can find entertaining Wink
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, cav on the horizon, who'da thunk...
kcmack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookes like it is James to the rescue! Well this should give the new battlecruiser design a good test. It is up against 4 Heavy Cruisers. That is if they even choose to stand and fight. They might decide it is better to recall thier marines and fall back. Although, given thier bent not to lose it may not matter. I think heads are going to roll in the Imperium for those who ran this mission.
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And imagine the Imperials' outrage when they learn that a Rabbit gave them so much trouble for so long with so little.
Benleopard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think about all those that have constantly put David down on his abilities and thought less of the rabbits in the kingdom...

tijn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grappling hook pickup?
This is slowly moving a tiny bit to the fantastic (yes, yes, I know it's supposed to be fantastic. Isn't that what the 'f' in sf stands for? (-; ).
I mean, why would anyone on the imperial side put rabbits on the field? So far we only heard about (presumably well trained) marines, one would assume that a assaultboat captain would be very surprised to see rabbits on the surface.

Furthermore, you're in luck if you get stuck with an imperial who doesn't happen to be brainwashed enough to believe in glory of death for the emperor. I imagine that as emperor I would make sure my subjects understand you will rather die (because of your loved ones) than to chance being captured. This particular seems afwully an God-fearing type to me. My take: get in, shoot to kill, pilot this thing smartly and pray to something you believe in. No harm flying through a few imperials on the way.

This aside, if David doesn't get kudos for this then the royals are not worth to survive against the imperials. One could wonder in that case who is free and who isn't. At least the imperials push their boundary.
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, David's reasoning for a 'better' pickup is sound, especially in an emergency situation...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: