Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To all you Apple polishers;

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syrius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as people keep away from AT&T (Which probably that was the purpose in the first place) and Apple's domain, they should be fine. It's no different than modifying an Xbox or a 360 and not using Live. Smart people are SMRAT.

Just hope that "innocent" jailbroken phones (Meaning those who fit the above criteria) don't get Blitzkrieg-ed.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what?

Sony has said that they will permanently block any hacked PS3s they spot on their PSN network.

Not the user using the hacked PS3, but the PS3 itself.

Which'll probably led to a lotof cheap PS3s on eBay...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably. Can it be used offline?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Syrius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but the Ps3 has no games. Razz
Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saboteur, Cross Edge, 3D Dot Hero, Resonance of Fate, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout New Vegas, Demon Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Atelier Rorona (coming soon), Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 coming in 1/1/2011, Enchanted Arms, Eternal Sonata, Fallout 3, Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham Asylum, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 1 and 2, Dead Rising 2, God of War Series. Saints Row 2, Dead Space.

These are all great games either coming to the ps3 or already out on the ps3. Dispite the fact that they are on both platforms or not for some of them. They are still on the ps3 and are games that are enjoyable to play. And this is a shortened list of games that are on the ps3 that I want to play or have played. There are many more.

On a Side note, I agree with Sony on this and wish they would take a stronger stance against such things. If you like your console you need to support it by purchasing their games. Not stealing them. If you can't afford games, then clearly you should be out looking for a better job instead of playing stolen games.

Syrius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being sarcastic. I know the PS3 has games. It's just that that was the consensus in the first years of this generation. As in "ZOMG. WII60 ONLY!"

Mind you... at this point it's IMPOSSIBLE to pirate or copy a PS3 game. Sony owns the specification to blu-ray, and the person who hacked the PS3 first (For educational and Linux purposes only, he's made that clear) confirmed that the Hypervisor and whatnots of the PS3 are as impenetrable as the presidential bedroom, Area 51 and Fort Knox combined.

They are probably afraid that people with hacked PS3s may get an inside look of how the PSN network is set up, or find ways to bypass the encryption in PSN downloads. Which while impossible, doesn't mean they shouldn't take the precaution.

Last edited by Syrius on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
EXan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's why I'm a PC gamer. When a new title gets hyped I download it first and play it for a couple of hours... If it's good then I order it online. And I'll have it in the mail the next day. Smile
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't affect the vast, vast majority of iPhone owners at all.
shortwave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly if this happens people are going to go for the older generations of devices once laws like that go into effect ...

by the way ... some of these phones have cams that face the ground when in use lol..

i can see it now;
owner "opps I didnt mean to download that app"
{phone goes into defense mode}
{takes picture of crotch}
security annalist " hmmm, I KNOW THAT CROTCH! wait no I don't"
seconds later 50 million iphone owners emailed "is this your crotch?"

Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh.. bring the it on. I mostly use Solaris and Linux.. Fools, just a bunch of dribbling fools XD .. -shakes head, ears flat-

Now that was random o.O -ducks out of sight-

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: