Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MFM 2010 Dance Party CONFIRMED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> KWKAT - Planetfurry NetRadio Station!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leonato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: MFM 2010 Dance Party CONFIRMED! Reply with quote

We have been confirmed for a slot on the schedule of MFM 2010.

We will be outdoors, as we know it now, in the 'Pavilion' on Sunday night, starting at 9PM and going till about 1AM.

This will be an opportunity for furs to come dance!

It will be a REQUESTS show, driven largely (if not entirely) by requests tallied on-line and in person by PrincessB. I will be the MC, IronTiger will be DJing beside me, helping keep the playlists populated, finding/cuing the requests, while Journye is our 'crowd control' / public relations, answering questions, directing queries about music to PricessB, and instructing furs that they can sign our banner to say they were there (we might even get lucky enough to have an artist doodle there Wink ).

And of course, this whole dance party will be broadcast LIVE on KWKAT, with a recording of it made for re-play later on KWKAT to help furs with PCD Wink

I do apologize for technical difficulties last year, that not only messed with the live broadcast, but also made my recording un-useable. Those problems have been resolved... Ohh, and thanks to IronTiger, we have more power this year.... MUAHAHAHAHA.... Ohh... wait, is this thing on =>.>= =<.<= Twisted Evil

I hope ya'll will tune in!

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

Last edited by Leonato on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Tim Allen Grunt>MORE POWER! RAAUGH!</Tim Allen Grunt>
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, yup, Teric, cept this more power should not result in sparks and everyone running for cover! Wink

Last years speaker we had started getting quiet a few feet away. This year we are using IronTiger's sound system. This system was once played in an old house out in the woods and bits of it was heard somewhere around a mile away. Smile

On the night of I'll try to be available in every location possible for requests, including the PF IRC and AIM. So if anyone has a good upbeat song keep it in mind and request it that night!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mwalimu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if I should try to bring my computer to do a live broadcast of The Lion's Share on Thursday evening. Of course I'd have to figure out where to set up. I would not be attempting to do a dance or anything, just trying to provide background music in a public area while streaming to my online audience.

If I don't do that I can at least bring my external hard drive so you can avail yourselves of my music library during the dance.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Journye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought our time slot was for Sunday night, not Saturday night? I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me if I am Princess =^.^=
PrincessB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journye wrote:
I thought our time slot was for Sunday night, not Saturday night? I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me if I am Princess =^.^=

Yup, I didn't even catch that he had stated it wrong.
"Your Mephit Fur Meet 2010 event 'Dance Party -KWKAT' has been scheduled.

It is scheduled from 9:00 PM Sunday to 1:00 AM Monday in Pavilion [Outside]"

MWalimu, a Thursday evening airing might be cool, even if just for an hour or so. Maybe talk with PF members that come in, get names of the PFers there, what they are looking forward to, etc.
IronTiger says that if we have your whole HD we will need to access it earlier then the dance so we can index it.

Leonato

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=blue]Yup, I didn't even catch that he had stated it wrong.
"Your Mephit Fur Meet 2010 event 'Dance Party -KWKAT' has been scheduled.

It is scheduled from 9:00 PM Sunday to 1:00 AM Monday in Pavilion [Outside]"
[/quote]

I fixed my post =-.-=
Sometimes I do suffer from the feline affliction of just simply being pretty darn scatterbrained.

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
If I don't do that I can at least bring my external hard drive so you can avail yourselves of my music library during the dance.

As IronTiger pointed out, we would need to get at that thing a bit earlier, so we could work off a good index of it, but thats all we would need, once we had it indexed, we could pull from it. Alternately, if you had stuff you already knew you wanted to request and such, that you have in that collection, you could put it on a thumb-drive or similar, and hand -that- to us during the dance, but that does not give us the advantage of having your library to pull from for requests. Its up to you. Seeings that we know you, and are more comfortable with you, we make the offer to index the thing first, that is something we wont do for anyone who walks up, specifically because it takes so long to get a good (and very much complete) index of that much music. Thanks very much for the offer too! We are always looking for ways to make our collection larger with good (already checked) content, thereby making it easier to service requests =^.^=

Leonato

mwalimu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What media player do you use (or indexing program, if it's not the same application)? If it's one I use, I can try to find out if there's a way to pre-index the library and save the index on the drive in such a way that you should be able to get near-instant access.

I also need to make certain the drive is being accessed read-only. At least one widely used media player has been known to change tags on media files without telling me or asking permission. There are other applications I use that will complain if there have been file updates I haven't accounted for.

Iron_Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be using rhythmbox.

Now as for read only if its ext2 - 3 we can make it read only other wise ... I don't know.

Leonato

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can set -any- file system to be read-only by our system, its integral in how GNU/Linux does file system mounting. Any mount (of any file system supported (all of them now)), can be set as a read-only mount, this goes beyond just file permissions being set to read-only, this makes sure that GNU/Linux will under no circumstance write to the file-system. Razz

And as for indexing, we can just set us up a time once we are there to set down with that drive and index, once we have the index on one of our Linux machines, we can port it to the others really easy. So we will only have to index it once. PrincessB's netbook is gonna be the search-box, also serving as our file-server, while two other computers (IronTiger's and Journye's laptops) will provide two play-lists feeding into my DJ board Smile

And as for finding a crash-spot to put up some of the Lion's share on Thursday, that sounds like a very good idea. I for one would certainly wanna be there for it. And from what I understand, the Internet connectivity of this hotel is LIGHTYEARS better than the old hotel.

Leonato

PrincessB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are looking good to be internet able during the party. So if you would like to make requests they will need to come to me. Each of the four DJ's (me, IronTiger, Leonato and Journye) will be having full time jobs to make everything go as smoothly as possible and all requests nabbing goes to me. Because I will be busy taking requests and searching songs I will not have a lot of time to random chat.

Info on how to reach me to request a song:
I will be in the Planet Furry IRC chat room, for best results don't just post requests to the room, open a dialog window with me and send your request directly to me.

I am on AIM (AOL instant messenger) as PrincessBTigress

I have YIM (yahoo instant messenger) but rarely use it so do not guarantee I'll be on there unless a bunch of furs would like me to be.

Remember, this is a dance party so requested songs need to be upbeat and able to shake ones tail to.

Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND WE ARE LIVE from MFM 2010!!

http://radio.planetfurry.com:5000/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> KWKAT - Planetfurry NetRadio Station! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: