Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Depths...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: *Gasp* It's another chapter!! And so soon!!! Reply with quote

Yes, dear readers, it is another chapter of the "From the Depths to the Heights"-- but this is a "Perspectives" chapter. I'm sure you're a bit curious as to just who's "Perspective" it is. It's no big secret- you'll get it by the end of the first page or so of reading. I did, however, want to have you figure it out for yourself, without me just giving you the answer. So go read, and let me know what you think of what you've read.

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: *Gasp* It's another chapter!! And so soon!!! Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:

Yes, dear readers, it is another chapter of the "From the Depths to the Heights"-- but this is a "Perspectives" chapter. I'm sure you're a bit curious as to just who's "Perspective" it is. It's no big secret- you'll get it by the end of the first page or so of reading. I did, however, want to have you figure it out for yourself, without me just giving you the answer. So go read, and let me know what you think of what you've read.

-Shirh Khan

Yay, I got here first! Cool

That was a very interesting, intriguing, emotional roller-coaster of a Perspective, Shirh. Bravo.

**********Spoiler Warning*****************************
If you haven't read the new Perspective, go read it. Now.

Done? Good.

One does not often, when reading fiction set on modern-day Earth (or its Furry equivalent), come across a first-person commentary from someone who is known to have Passed Beyond the Veil. nice change of pace.

The story of their relationship was wonderfully told. In this instance, you have outdone even yourself. Their First Time was, while not as explicit, even more sensually romantic than the events in Moonlight, and that, IMHO, is truly saying something.

Then, there was the Accident. Crying or Very sad

I knew it was going to happen, but seeing the wreck from Tashie's eyes made it even worse...and what happened to the baby...*sniff*

And people wonder why I think DUI should be a capital offense...
#Sniper #Beer
If I may be forgiven for digressing at this point, I've nothing against alcohol. It's the idjits that can't handle it responsibly that kink my tail.

*tosses soapbox away*

In any case, Shirh, you have produced in this Perspective a profoundly moving masterwork. I daresay I'm not the only one who eagerly awaits the next installment, whatever it may be.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Oohh! Beautiful. Terrible but beautiful. Shocked Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

But if you did not want us to find out right away whose perspective it is, then don't name the html after her.

Shocked DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS Twisted Evil Laughing

That was good. Almost like waiting for marriage, but without getting married first.

Confused Hmmm, who are the two other femmes with Natasha? The ones who loved him in life as she did?
Their daughter, Rowan, might be one.
His mother?
Someone who is in love with him and has not died yet in the main story? Mikka?

Kelly McAllen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you did it to me again. I realy must stop reading the prospectives. I don't see myself as an emotional guy, but the tears are streaming when read these peaces. Crying or Very sad

You build it up well. And even though you know whats comming, you still walk into it unprepaired.

An all around exolent peace. You should be proud.

Nameless wrote:

Confused Hmmm, who are the two other femmes with Natasha? The ones who loved him in life as she did?
Their daughter, Rowan, might be one.
His mother?
Someone who is in love with him and has not died yet in the main story? Mikka?

As to who one of the others might be, (and please correct me if I'm wrong, for I'm not sure she has passed) I think it is the femme he was seeing before he met Natasha. The one the knights got ahold of and had there way with. Again unsure of her outcome but Khan blames himself for that incounter as well.

Kelly McAllen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And again, even if he could push past the wall that surrounded him, to pursue such a course of action was selfish and self-serving. Pain and suffering surrounded him, followed him wherever he went; what right did he have to pull someone else into his space, and hurt them like he did Vanessa, or Tashie? No one blamed him for Tashie’s death, and yet it had been his fault anyway; paying more attention to his wife than to the traffic had allowed a drunk driver to take her from him. The guilt he felt over that had eaten him up inside for weeks after her death, and even now he was just able to live with it, knowing it as his penance for her loss. Vanessa was another matter altogether; the living members of her family had loudly proclaimed him as the cause of her demise; their collective voices had grown to an almost feverish pitch when they’d told him that his child—their­ child—had died, and there had been little he could do to refute it. A copy of a letter Vanessa had written had arrived in his mail not long after their accusations had blared through the telephone lines, and it only confirmed what they’d said. Who was he to call the dead a liar?

Ok I did some looking for myself. The femme I mentioned i my last post was Valeri. But she servived the rape/attack. After her family moved away, and Khan never saw her again. However, in Khan's prespective (see above quote) he mentions a Vanessa, who appears to have died. I can't find any other referance to her in the main body of the story. Does anyone know who she is, and how she died?

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly:

As to references of Vanessa- there are hints of it in "Into the Depths I", and a little bit more in "Into the Depths, II".

Vanessa was in Khan's life before Natasha:

Quote:

And he told ((Mikka)), about going off to college, and making a friend of a young wolf. He told her about how the two of them became the best of friends, and of the ease that they became lovers. He told her of how, just after their sophomore year in school, his lupine lover became pregnant, and of how their friendship deteriorated, until she finally left him, and took her own life. He told her of how the child, miraculously, had survived, and of the unending amounts of trouble that the child suffered as a hybrid of a hybrid, not to mention the problems that his lover’s family decided to suddenly visit upon them. Of how he fought, in court, to keep the child, only to have the family take custody, where the child was shuffled around until finally…

And yes, he even told of learning, after all was said and done, after his child was placed in the earth next to its mother, that the child had never been his to begin with.

Now...you're asking, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Twisted Evil Well, you'll just have to wait and see... and it won't be anything you expect.....

-Shirh Khan

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Oops! How could I forget about Vanessa! Embarassed

Natasha wrote:
And I?ve got help now. I?ve got two others with me, two other femmes who loved him in life as I did, as I do now.

The more I think about it, the less I think Rowan is one of them.

For one, the "now". This implies she did not have them before, at least not two.
And the "like I did" indicates someone more his own age, not his child, then she would have said "as much as I did".

Maybe, I'm reading more into this than there is, but since this is one of the most important sentences in the chapter for me, I don't think SK would have put those phrases there unless they meant something. Wink

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Another writer's drought seems to have ended.... Reply with quote

Well folks, it's finally here! The (hopefully) long awaited chapter 40-b!!
It's not the usual rollercoaster ride of emotions, but it is a heavy chapter, so sit back, and prepare to watch as the threads that have been subtly woven through the last dozen or so chapters finally come together!

It will post on Friday, after my editors have their cracks at it, but a few lucky pre-readers will have first shot at it! They can post NON-SPOILER comments here, if they want. I hope they will- I could use the advertisement to drum up a bit of interest!

Stay tuned, and you'll get to see just what the fuss is about in a couple of days!

Here's a hint: The title is "In the midst of the storm"

-Shirh Khan

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: 40-a Reply with quote

Wolf Starchaser wrote:
I've known for a while that Elijah was/is an emotional timebomb.

*snip*

Whatever happens, it ain't gonna be pretty.

Our Esteemed Shirh Khan proves himself once more a masterful conjurer of High Drama; the latest chapter does nothing to dissuade my earlier assesment...

Keep the tissues handy, folks.

*tick-tick-Tick...*

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! Friday is...........three days way, can many hold out so long for the next chapter? No but we have to....

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday ........

Friday ............

Friday ................

There's more to that than you know.

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:
Gah! Friday is...........three days way, can many hold out so long for the next chapter? No but we have to....

At least you know when you 'll get your next fix. Those of us unfortunate enough to have preread 40B have to wait 'till Khan finishes 41-A... Shocked *twitch*

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I just hope you manage to post an hour or two early. You usually catch me while I'm on my morning commute, which means that I have to wait unil I get back from work until I can read the chapter. Confused Sad Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

The chinese water torture is nothing compared to that. Evil or Very Mad

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: The Next Chapter Reply with quote

Well, look what the cat dragged in....

*grin*
Hello folks, and yes, I am still alive- I've just been working on yet another one of the Amazing Growing Chapters (tm) (not mine). Finally, months upon months of work has come together in this chapter, the ending of the very first story arc. Another one or two have been begun already, but the end of the very first one is just around the corner. We've been seeing Dr. Khan slowly but surely lose his battle with his sanity, and... well, in order to see what happens when our esteemed doctor loses it, you'll just have to keep reading. We're almost there- just one more chapter to go for that.

As to what will occur as the next story arcs (again, already in progress) unfold... Twisted Evil ...well, let's just say that this isn't the end of the doctor's troubles- it is truly only the beginning.

In any event, I do believe that this chapter will affect you like no other one has (a little bit, anyway)- this one may haunt you for a while. Just a bit of a fore-warning. I won't say more about the chapter because then you won't need to read it. So go read, I say, and come back here, and let me know what it is that you think.

Oh, and by the way...
Let me say this...

Thank You, Dear Readers

Without you, I wouldn't get nearly as much enjoyment out of what it is that I write. I write for me, as it needs to get out of my head, but I also write for you. Your praises mean a lot, and I'm glad to receive them.

Now go read the story! Very Happy

-Shirh Khan

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*tick...Tick...TICK...*

Shocked

You're most welcome, Shirh. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> shirh khan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 29 of 45

Jump to: