Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HAAAA!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: HAAAA! Reply with quote

Nothing like being impaled on your own sword eh Jobs?

Steve Jobs wrote:
"We can sit by and watch competitors steal our patented inventions, or we can do something about it. We've decided to do something about it.

Strange words coming from a guy who stole the whole GUI technology, Xerox must be laughing their @sses off Laughing

Rifts980

Location: Orbiting around a point just to left of four seconds in the future

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, are they for real?

CW4adfrw A+ C- D+ H+++ M--- P+++ R++ T+++ W Sm- RLLW a- cn++ e+ f h* iw+++ p+++ sm-
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Apple gave Xerox the chance to invest $1 million pre-IPO into Apple in exchange for the tour of their facilities with the understanding that Apple would be allowed to create a GUI based on what they saw. People love to say Apple stole the GUI, but they didn't.

http://applemuseum.bott.org/sections/gui.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Parc

And the simple fact is that Apple owns those patents. Why shouldn't they protect them? Every other company does it. For example, Nokia is suing Apple for patent infringement and I don't see any massive outrage about that. Very Happy

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They stole it much the same way Gates stole QDOS for a lousy 50K

Quote:
And the simple fact is that Apple owns those patents. Why shouldn't they protect them? Every other company does it. For example, Nokia is suing Apple for patent infringement and I don't see any massive outrage about that.

Meh, I just don't like Apple they suck they are eble they are behind everything wrong in the world don't ask me to prove why they just are Evil or Very Mad it's their fault I'm fat too

Rifts980

Location: Orbiting around a point just to left of four seconds in the future

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:

Quote:
And the simple fact is that Apple owns those patents. Why shouldn't they protect them? Every other company does it. For example, Nokia is suing Apple for patent infringement and I don't see any massive outrage about that.

Meh, I just don't like Apple they suck they are eble they are behind everything wrong in the world don't ask me to prove why they just are Evil or Very Mad it's their fault I'm fat too

Reminds me of the good ol' logic "I BET THE JEWS DID THIS"

CW4adfrw A+ C- D+ H+++ M--- P+++ R++ T+++ W Sm- RLLW a- cn++ e+ f h* iw+++ p+++ sm-
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact is being overlooked that Kodak is suing Apple. Kodak, a true electronics giant and Apple, a small fry in the ocean.

Hmm, Kodak laptops and phones ...

Syrius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rifts980 wrote:
Styx wrote:

Quote:

Reminds me of the good ol' logic "I BET THE JEWS DID THIS"

Dey took er jebs!

Pecan Camari

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised they haven't tried sueing Nintendo for the DS, or heck, even the makers of those old Megatouch games that you could find in almost any bar or restaraunt. Rolling Eyes
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire concept of a "software patent" is patently stupid. There are only so many ways you can do something in programming. Microsoft actually tried to patent "click & hold" technology, where if you held the button down a long time, it would do something different.

The government needs to lose the concept of a software patent and go back to the old mechanical transformative process test.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Syrius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't access it at work, but Cracked.com has a list of reasons why Apple is just as evil as Microsoft.

To quote an example: Mod your Xbox 360 to play imports or backups, and go on Live. You will get banned, but your console will still play games offline.

Jailbreak your Iphone to work with the carrier of your choice (especially if you live in an area not serviced by AT&T) and Apple will eventually DISABLE it through an update. Rendering the hardware useless.

AMD won't disable my motherboard if I don't use an ATI video card (They bought ATI recently), nor will NVidia kill one of their boards if I install an ATI card. Or if I use any ISP.

Oh, and remember that kerfuffle back then when Microsoft shoved IE in Windows in an effort to squash competing browsers? Apple is sticking Safari in I-Tunes. Whether you like it or not.

Why does Apple get away with behavior that not even the Evil Microsoft would think of?

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because as I said earlier Apple is evil the one true source of all evil. It's said that Jobs even started an inter office war between the Lisa and Mac departments to try get better work out of them not a friendly compatition mind but a don't let me see you in the parking lot at night by yourself type of thing.

Wulfie_Vulphyre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they suing any of the companies who are making touch screen desktops? You know like the HP all-in-one computers. They've got all the bits and bobs built into the monitor, And they use a nifty touch screen interface. That would mean Redbox machines are also on the list of no no you stole my tech. And many other things. Like the registers at Many grocery stores. I'd love to be a big company lawyer about now. Show me da monay!
Syrius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here it is.

Careful, foul language here and there. Not too heavy, but don't read it at work:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18377_5-reasons-you-should-be-scared-apple.html

Benleopard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little feeling that every little thing that apple does to piss off their customers and not provide a place for healthy competition for their aps, brings themselves closer to a very big lawsuit that could end the company.

Vallus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syrius wrote:
And here it is.

Careful, foul language here and there. Not too heavy, but don't read it at work:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18377_5-reasons-you-should-be-scared-apple.html

Heh, makes me glad that my mp3 player is a Sansa Clip and not an IPod. It may not have a lot of features but it is simple and easy to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: