Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Tiger's Den Log.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a reminder, although no one has actually said anything, I'm not the author of either of these, just thought I'd provide a bit of forum space for commentary. I did send an email to JB to inquire about the ones who wrote these, and congratulate them and tell them to check here for commentary.

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cirrel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZ Ending: Dimensions of Love - is a seriously good short story.
I'm not sure who 'Eagle" is (the author), but the post suggests this person is writing this "as a form of payment from one author to another in return for the many hours of pleasurable reading J. Bruner has freely provided at his own expense."

It was a "Thank You" story.

And as sometimes happens with me, I also get an urge to create something as a way of saying "Thank You" to the author. Good things have this tendency to propagate beyond themselves - even as this story itself suggests.

So, this is my 'thank you' for a good read, 'Eagle': http://www.wilderhom.com/original/catharsis07.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Wow... Reply with quote

Cirrel, you made my day! That was an awesome picture and very much like how I had seen it in my head when putting this together! I also have to say that I've found your artwork for James' story truly wonderful (although that pic where Zig is slapping James and it looks like it's the viewer is being slapped makes me want to back up a few steps - very effectively drawn!)! You do a fantastic job capturing both the soft and the terrifying sides of Zig!

Thanks to all of you for the kind comments about the story! Again, thanks to everyone else who had a "paw" in James' story. JB (of course), and MBR and ES and Cirrel and all of the other artists! Most excellent!
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are aware that now that we have some way of contacting you, you'll be inundated with 'demands' that you keep on writing...

BTW: welcome to insanity central... Wink

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
tobi3B

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m right in the middle of the Story and so far it is a great Story.
I like it a lot ^^

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel wrote:
. . .

So, this is my 'thank you' for a good read, 'Eagle': http://www.wilderhom.com/original/catharsis07.jpg

Wow! really great work, C.

And DragonEagle, like I said earlier, fantastic work on your part. You may have been saying thank you to JB, but now I say thank you very much to you.

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must also add my thanks to Eagle here--a *very* well written story cap. I am very impressed with how you explored Zig's emotional past and worked through the difficulties of confronting it.

To be honest, I found myself thinking throughout the story that Terry was too good to be true, that he clearly knew a lot more than he was letting on. I thought perhaps he was a professional psychologist or something along those lines with the subtle and non-confrontational ways he prompted Zig to examine her own past.

Bravo, Eagle. Very well written and very fitting on JB's site.

DragonEagle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thank you for the compliment! Hopefully Terry's "reveal" at the end explains some of his finesse in dealing with Zig.
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else have you written, and where can we find it?
(This story is way too good to be a first attempt)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
I have two of TM's works on the Bookshelf. Check the Card Catlog.

Eh...

I was asking DragonEagle, not TM...
(I've already read everything TM has posted. Most of it a couple of times... )

This discussion should probably be removed from this topic and put into its own somewhere else...

Like my Avatar?
DragonEagle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: About writing... Reply with quote

You are absolutely correct - this is not my first time when it comes to writing. Thank you for the compliment!

My postings of stories on the Internet has been very limited thus far, with "Dimensions of Love" being the only one currently available (older postings made a few years ago to other sites are no longer on-line). So this story, for now, is it. I'm considering doing some more, but other projects I have will probably push that out somewhat.

As I already let JB know, I am published with several books in print. However, I made a conscious decision when I submitted this story to James that I would only do so under a pen name. This story was meant as a "Thank You," and it can't really remain that way if it were to turn into a way to advertise the other things I've done. So, with your kind understanding, I will remain anonymous.

That said, I am so very grateful to everyone who has made a comment! Big THANKS to Cirrel for the artwork - I'm still floored every time I look at it!!! I look forward to reading (and being further inspired by) the great authors who make this place their home!

Eagle
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so that you know my take on it.

If someone posts a fan-story, and then later on posts a link to his published works either in a forum post or in PMs, AT THE REQUEST of the readers, that's all right with me.
(This is of course a hint that you can send me a PM with a link to where I can buy your books. Unless you normally write Goth horror, hospital romances, or happen to be Dan Brown or the ghost of Robert Jordan... )

It's also OK if the site administrator decides to add a link to the story author's site either at the bottom of the page, or at a dedicated links page.

Like my Avatar?
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragonEagle, you have my deepest appreciation for writing that story. It is wonderfully done, and a great twist for the ending.

Throughout the story, I had the feeling that Terry was considerably more than he was showing.

Kudos! Applause Applause Applause

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To any and all

Just to let everyone know, everyone at the Den is safe and sound. We here in Hopkinsville only got half the rain that Nashville, TN. got. Still some flooding in the prone areas and out in the county, but we're high and dry. We did have an EF-2 tornado about 10 miles north that tore up mostly trees and 3 structures (mobile homes, of course.) but no injuries or fatalities.

Now, back to work. ...and writing.

TM

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're all safe and sound, Tiger.

SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tigermark All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: