Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Truly a huge fan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Truly a huge fan Reply with quote

James, PI wrote:
Hello, Chris

Hello yourself!

Quote:
I've been a Sabrina Online fan since the middle of February when I discovered it, and a Sabrina Online: The Story fan for about a week—and one heckuva week it's been thanks to you.

Shucks, thank you!

Quote:
It's almost been like how it was with Chris and Sabrina in the beginning of your story as far as not being able to think about anything else. Eric is a very talented artist, and you are a very talented writer. I think he offers more humor in the strip (though, you get me laughing from time to time) but your story is much more captivating—especially with those fantasy sequences, you dog, well... fox, I guess.

<G> Thanks!

Quote:
Razz I almost went on a bigger binge than Chris was when I was reading Wendy's. Confused

I've heard worse Wink

That was Chapter 28, and was the original end of The Story. And it wasn't anyone's daydream!

Quote:
I was looking over Eric's links one night and I stumbled across your site. At first, I was skeptical of fan-fic about Sabrina Online, thinking that it could no-way, no-how compare to the strip. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it read, though. In fact, the first night I read it, I read through chapters 1-21 in one sitting. When I realized it was 2 a.m. and I had school the next day, I kept thinking I can read one more chapter. I did that about 5 times until I realized it was past 3 a.m. then I knew I needed some sleep. I absolutely forced myself to crawl into bed and didn't fall asleep for another half hour regardless of how tired I was.

WoW! Now I'm glad you didn't read Chapter 28 until the next day!

That chapter has had profound effects on people who have stopped at that point. Reports include loss of sleep and loss of productivity.

One wrote me back the next day after he'd read Chapter 29 and told me, "You're evil" Smile

I liked that Smile

Quote:
The next day, I pulled the same stunt. It was 3:30 a.m. before I finished reading the rest of SOtS, and I would have stayed up hours longer to read more if you had more complete.

That's most flattering, thank you Smile

Quote:
After finishing SOtS, I moved on to Tabitha: The Story. I read through the first few paragraphs or so and saw the bold print explaining that Sabrina had died. I was so pissed and heartbroken that you did that.

Now, imagine being me with such strong feelings of love for Sabrina and writing it!

I closed it, shut off my computer, and went to bed seething. A few days later, I decided I would check it out and after getting past the fact that my favorite character was gone, I enjoyed the story.

I'm glad! Smile

Be sure to let James Bruner know too; he's a very important part of the writing team!

Quote:
I liked seeing a little sci-fi in there and what you think the world will be like in the future. I was relieved to see Sabrina back in the story. Man, those first 9 chapters or so were depressing. I even felt a tear when I read Chris's flashback to that infamous night.

That means I did it right Smile

Believe me, I felt more than just a tear when I spent the days working that all out in my head, and I did most of it while I was on the road! Which I couldn't see for tears, incidently, and add that to a stuffed nose and sore throat from the reality of that all ...

Quote:
Now don't you dare do what I think you're going to do with that singles bar. Evil or Very Mad

Gee, what do you think I'd do? Wink

Quote:
It's strange seeing your story diverge from the Sabrina Online strip as I am a late-comer and read the stories up to the point they're at now, instead of following them from the beginning.

I paralleled it for a long time, filling in the blanks between strips as well. That's part of the reason for Chapter 28; a way to release Sabrina because it was going to be the next month in which the new character was going to be introduced. An Afterword explained everything, and a sequel was going to come about in which Chris and Sabrina had one last night together, and surreptitiously be married (in Pennsylvania, a couple only need give the impression they're married to a 3rd party, and it's legal), which Chris knows and Sabrina doesn't when he takes them both to a hotel and checks them in as "Chris and Sabrina Foxx", and has Sabrina sign on his credit card "Sabrina Foxx". They would live their own lives with different mates, except for one weekend every year, ala Same Time Next Year.

Thankfully, Eric freaked, and I came up with Chapter 29 Smile

Quote:
I get the two stories mixed up sometimes, but I don't mind. One can't help but feel bad for R.C., though. Crying or Very sad

Oh, yes, my heart's bleeding as we speak.

Quote:
Have you ever considered a cameo or something for him in your story like how you slip Eric in that first IRC session where EricS1 said, "Movies are cool, but nothing like comic strips!"

Uh, let me think about this, no.

Smile

.... but then again, remember the bar fight? Twisted Evil

Actually, I had a few passing thoughts ...

> Chris screaming at a Helpdesk raccoon "Richard" on the phone who can't explain how to correct an issue other than "Reboot"

> Sabrina cleaning out some personal items from her dressing room at E.S. Productions when Richard comes in and wishes her well. She asks how his wife and kids are ... finally before he goes he gives her a housewarming gift, an ice crusher. Sabrina opens it saying how thoughtful it was, how this is one of those things you always want but never think to buy for yourself ... and ends up unwrapping what is in essence a small silver long-handled hammer. Richard demonstrated it sayig "You see, you put an ice cube in this paw, and take the crusher ... "

When Eric asked me nicely not to make appearing in the comic strip Sabrina's "job", I tabled the idea. Shame, almost Smile

> Had this one today. Sabrina is currently in Columbus. She sees a raccoon in a dirty dress shirt and half-tied tie rummaging around in a dumpster. Feeling sorry, she walks up to him and hands him a dollar.

Mind you, I'm not jealous or anything ...

Quote:
Also, you had Carli in there for 2 lines then she disappeared. Not that she was a very big character in the strip, either, but she still was one of Sabrina's friends. In your story she says "LTNS" indicating that they do know each other, at least online.

Actually, I've had those same thoughts myself. Maybe it's past time Carli showed up again. I'd hope Sabrina would at least send her an invitation come May!

Quote:
Also, I think Amy’s being neglected. She and Thomas haven’t been heard from in a while. Maybe it’s time for an update, hmm?

Maaaaaaaybe!

Chapter 47's almost in the can. You MAY have just forced another chapter in Columbus! #Cussing out

Quote:
There's one thing I have to ask you, though I'm sure I won't get a straight answer. A non-answer as you like to put it. Smile Sabrina and Chris never did get Eric's blessing to get married (unless I missed something). What happened, or is that going to be a factor coming up?

Off-camera, they got his blessing. Otherwise I probably would've gotten email from Eric saying "Don't you dare!" Wink

Quote:
Thanks for the great stories; you have me hooked, and I'm not going anywhere. Keep it up.

I have to now! Smile After all of those kind words, how could I not??

Quote:
p.s. Get your tail in gear and finish chapter 47, or I’ll get a post going twice as long that won’t be so friendly. Evil or Very Mad

Ruh-roh! Smile

Quote:
I've gotta get my fix soon!

If all goes well, Chapter 47'll be done in an hour-ish. Eric should have it tonight!

I hope!

Quote:
And no more giant surprises like Wendy's flashback, ok? My heart can't take it. Wink

<VBG> Ooooooookay ....... we'll see Wink

Thanks again!

All the best to yunz!
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
You picked the right place to come.

Want to find out about Wendy when she went to Vermont?

No, he wants to praise me and tell me how wonderful I am, so quit divertin' attention away from me! Wink

Plugger Wink

Seriousness aside, Raccoon's Bookshelf is a HECK of a service to the furry community, and worth every minute you spend there!

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Truly a huge fan Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Yeah, I did notice that it was a raccoon. I wondered if there was anything behind that. Maybe you just wanted to give your character a chance to beat the snot out of R.C. even though it wasn't necessarily R.C. himself? Wink
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Truly a huge fan Reply with quote

JamesPI wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

Yeah, I did notice that it was a raccoon. I wondered if there was anything behind that. Maybe you just wanted to give your character a chance to beat the snot out of R.C. even though it wasn't necessarily R.C. himself? Wink

I never said it wasn't RC Twisted Evil

Not that I'm jealous, mind you.

Chris Twisted Evil
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you really are evil, aren't you. Wink
Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are certainly not alone in your admiration of OBA, the Estimable Sir Foxx!

I read it in two sittings (of course it was somewhat shorter then Wink ). I was so taken with his tale, I couldn't think of much anything else for days. A couple of weeks later I retold it to my two oldest kids on a five-hour car trip (editing for content Wink ) and got my elder daughter hooked on furries right off the bat.

I've heard several (read: a whole bunch) similar stories from other fur fans. Chris Yost started a real phenomenon with his masterful prose.

You're in good company, my friend!

Hortmage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
I get the two stories mixed up sometimes, but I don't mind. One can't help but feel bad for R.C., though.

Oh, yes, my heart's bleeding as we speak.

<snicker> While there's obviously never been any love lost between Chris and RC (check out some of the fanart, JamesPI), I've always felt that Chris Foxx was more...noble?...than RC. More of a gentlefur. [/suckup mode]

Of course, this feeling could be due to the fact that Chris has thousands of words over 47 chapters to describe, in detail, how Mr. Foxx thinks and behaves, wherewas Eric Schwartz only has 2 to 3 strips per month (and most of that concentrates more on Zig Zag than Raccoon Boy...not that I'm complaining, mind you!).

Glad to see you're still alive and kicking, Chris. BTW: did you get my reply to the last e-mail you sent? Nothing prosaic...I just didn't want another 6 months to go by before you saw it... Wink

Besides, I can't deal with the waves of guilt you give off when you finally DO find the message.... Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No plan survives contact with the enemy."

Chris, I'd love to see some of the other 'contingency plans' you had in place for SOLtS. Things tend to be a bit more fun when everything goes to hell...

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
JamesPI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chris, I'd love to see some of the other 'contingency plans' you had in place for SOLtS. Things tend to be a bit more fun when everything goes to hell...

Is there a mute button somewhere? Evil or Very Mad
JamesPI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
I can verify that Sabrina 47 is finished since Chris told me.

But now unfortunately we all know how quick Eric can be at times. Razz

He'll even admit that himself. Smile

How much for a bootleg copy? Wink I've got about $5 or so in the couch somewhere.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesPI wrote:
How much for a bootleg copy? Wink I've got about $5 or so in the couch somewhere.

Get in line, Jr.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
JamesPI wrote:

Get in line, Jr.

It's a long, long, loooooong line. Wink

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesPI wrote:

One more time?

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
JamesPI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
JamesPI wrote:

One more time?

I meant that I didn't want to hear that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: