Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pdf linked wrong

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kvtor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Pdf linked wrong Reply with quote

Hi all

I was reading the latest batch of Transitions I and noticed that the chapter 25 pdf is linked to the chapter 24 pdf.

Thank you for reposting the story again. Are you planning to repost all of the storylines from Transition I to the end of Transition 3?
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's the plan ... and thanks for the notification. I'm sure Bastion will fix it soon Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bastion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, I just fixed it.

The plan is to repost the entire T1 and most of T2 storylines, so that we get a consistant look to the posts. Currently, it's a bit of mix plus T1 isn't available anymore, since it was hosted on the old planetfurry site.

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
bastion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
Yep, that's the plan ... and thanks for the notification. I'm sure Bastion will fix it soon Smile

Sooner than you might think Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea when the rest of T1 will be reposted? It has been stuck at ch.40 for a while now. Not in a rush or anything, but 'd like to re-read it but it kindof just keeps me on a cliffhang. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooops! I'll have a word with Bastion and get back to it as soon as possible. Soooorryyyyy...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
Ooooops! I'll have a word with Bastion and get back to it as soon as possible. Soooorryyyyy...

Yay!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:

Its ok Filly. We forgive you. *gives a sugar cube* Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to take a closer look at the last 5 chapters posted...

They look OK, even reads OK, but...

They're posted in 'Transitions 1'...
If you click on 'Writings' at the top of the page, you'll find 'Transitions', Transitions II' and 'Transitions III', but NOT 'Transitions 1'.
And the 'Transitions' list only goes to chapter 40.

I tried clicking on the 'Chapter 42' link, then on the 'Previous' link. That brought me to Chapter 41, as it should...
Clicking on 'Previous' again, though, brought me to your post about Planetfurry disappearing(remember the server move recently?)

Clicking on 'Transitions I' in the categories area of the front page brings me a list of the latst chapters (from 36 to 45), but again, navigating to the post for 36 and trying 'Previous' leads to a blog post.

So... Is it Transitions, Transitions 1 or Transitions I ?

Wink

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him an Email about the incomplete list last night Smile However, Bastion is running himself into the ground these days so I don't know when he'll get around to fixing it Smile
bastion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
You may want to take a closer look at the last 5 chapters posted...

They look OK, even reads OK, but...

They're posted in 'Transitions 1'...
If you click on 'Writings' at the top of the page, you'll find 'Transitions', Transitions II' and 'Transitions III', but NOT 'Transitions 1'.
And the 'Transitions' list only goes to chapter 40.

Transitions is Transitions I. This is due to the way Wordpress (the blogging software) links to the page of chapters in T1. Now that you mention it, I have been meaning to take a closer look at it and maybe change it. That's a job for the future.

anthony wrote:
I tried clicking on the 'Chapter 42' link, then on the 'Previous' link. That brought me to Chapter 41, as it should...
Clicking on 'Previous' again, though, brought me to your post about Planetfurry disappearing(remember the server move recently?)

Clicking on 'Transitions I' in the categories area of the front page brings me a list of the latst chapters (from 36 to 45), but again, navigating to the post for 36 and trying 'Previous' leads to a blog post.

That's because the Previous and Next links go to the next blogpost chronologically. For example, this is the link to Chapter 40 of T1: http://aslaug.eu/index.php/2009/02/16/t1-ch40/ and this is the Next-link: http://aslaug.eu/index.php/2009/02/18/w-ch03/. Notice the dates in the links (2009/02/16 and 2009/02/18 ). Chapter 40 of T1 was posted on February 16th 2009 and chapter 3 of Witchhammer was posted on February 18th 2009.

So using the Previous and Next links in the posts containing the chapter doesn't make sense, since the chapter doesn't appear chronologically. I could edit the posts, and make links to the previous and next chapters, but that's a lot of work, so that may take some time.

anthony wrote:
So... Is it Transitions, Transitions 1 or Transitions I ?

Wink

Pfff, potato/potatoe, SSDD. It's the same thing, using different names. I'll change it when I get around to it.

Aslaug wrote:
However, Bastion is running himself into the ground these days so I don't know when he'll get around to fixing it

So you noticed, eh? Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: