Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End of an era
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it, Mike had always been a rock solid presence here, sadly I have to agree with the sentiment that this is no longer the warm and friendly place it once was. More and more often we see unnecessary drama. Mike if you're lurking out there, I want you to know that I appreciate all the work you have done for the board and the furry community and I fear Planet Furry will suffer greatly in your absence and I sincerely regret never telling you how much it's meant to me having you here. You'll be missed, maybe one day when others grow up you might return.

Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I am certain that I am now seen as one of the 'bad guys', I to have noticed PF's change.

I've been here for about four years, and have gone from appreciated to ignored to disliked (by some). Mostly ignored.

I've seen so many old friends leave in the last year alone. Now Mike has gone and I think it's my fault. Ugh... I feel awful that it might be.
Benleopard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad "this is bad... very bad..."
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PF has less drama than some of the other boards, and for that I am grateful. I'm sorry to see Mike go and hope he comes back. I'm also sorry to see Pflarrian go. Gentlemen, where will you go? How is it that having the good guys leave will help PF?

I saw the thread that I suspect was the last straw. IMO a few people got crankier than usual and that brought out the ugly in a couple of others. Then the blaming of the mods commenced. Confused

Gentlemen, come back soon please. And meanwhile we will miss you.

Scotty

Vallus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, going to miss having you around Mike. You were one of the best here at PF. I really hope you see fit to come back one day.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much agree with Pflarrian and for the same reason will lower down my activity on Planetfurry to the occasional check. This simply is not the forum anymore than I knew and love and like to think helped shape.

Goodbye everyone

Tygon

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've talked with Mike about this, and I will have to agree with Racky and the others. Fat chance. Mike has my complete support.

I, too, will be sharply limiting my time here from now on. I will basically be checking on two or three authors and very little, if anything, else.

Way to go. When a small number of furs start lambasting the admins and moderators, and NOT ONE post supports them, it doesn't exactly reflect well on the members here.

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
tobi3B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will miss you Mike, itīs a sad thing to hear this.
Hope you and the others come back.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a new board forms, I'd like to be informed.
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happen to know where Mike and Pflarrian have gone, some of you have already followed, and I will be cutting my time here as well. The forum they have gone to will be more heavily policed to hopefully keep something like this from happening there, I should no I'll be one of the guys with a badge.

If you want to follow us you can PM me and I will be more than happy to give you the address, but if your only intention is to cause trouble, I will be waiting with a mean look on my face and the button in my hand. It's my bar and I don't tolerate trouble makers.

Syrius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know too. Just in case.
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: End of an era Reply with quote

racky raccoon wrote:
As most people on the boards may have seen over the past few days...

What? This is the first I've heard of any of this. Pflarrian had to point out this thread to me.

Quote:
Mike Regan has formally taken leave of this message board and with him goes the bookshelf and his wisdom that during some of the worst times our fandom had to endure always made me and many others feel good about themselves.

I went looking for the RBS forum to recheck some story threads and found it completely missing. It would have been nice for his forum to remain in place a couple more weeks with a notice saying that he's leaving. Some of us never look at much more than the story discussions to have seen what's happening elsewhere in PF.

I hope someone will find a way to export at least some of the recent threads over to his new forum, even if only as a locked archive.

Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was one of the furs who got me into writing. I will always appreciate him for that. Granted my works not all that great but if it weren't for him I wouldn't be seeking to improve myself in writing.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of quitters prefer a police state?

I've seen boards like that. The admins randomly shutting down threads that are well within the rules of the board and in the right forum, and with no rational for their decision. And a community that shouts down a newbie because he dared post a question that's been asked before ("It's in the soup for you!"). Or conflicting rules such as: "No necro-posting," coupled with, "Don't start a new thread if there's an existing thread." Strictly enforced, of course.

Gentlemen, and ladies: You gotta die to go to heaven.

What happened in that thread was unfortunate. And it started with a misunderstanding. So why was that thread unlocked?

And destroying the history of the posts in a sub-forum, because someone got his tail in a knot and didn't want to play anymore, is unconscionable. The forums belong to those who made the posts. The ownership is collective and belongs to the people--not an individual. Why let one individual destroy history?

Or do we throw up our hands and just shut down PlanetFurry?

Scotty

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyDM wrote:
What happened in that thread was unfortunate. And it started with a misunderstanding. So why was that thread unlocked?

I have absolutely no idea what thread you're talking about, I've never seen it since (as I said) I only watch the story discussions (and Styx's movie quotes game). I'm spread too thin across the various webcomic forums alone (let alone other sites and activities) to follow all the PF forums.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: