Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did you give your valentine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: What did you give your valentine Reply with quote

I was wondering what people got their Valentine.

I gave Patty one of the greatest romance movie ever filmed, Casablanca.

It was only fitting since she got me The Maltese Falcon, Satan Met a Lady, and The Maltese Falcon. Yes people there are two versions of The Maltese Falcon. The famous version staring Humphrey Bogart was made in 1941, however in 1931 an actor named Ricardo Cortez played the role of Spade.

Stan Met a Lady is basically a comedic version of the story and is incredibly funny, go rent it.

PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well IT and I had a Valentines weekend, Friday was my day, Saturday was his day, Sunday was the day I was hosting a banquet at my church.

Friday I got up and made him breakfast, french toast and cinnamon rolls. Then made his lunch including pressing heart shapes into the bread, his favorite king sized candy bar and a love note. Then made him supper of one of his favorite dishes, lasagna, corn, lemon pie and bubbly, that was by candle light of course. I had something sexy to wear Wink and also gave him a card and a think geek tshirt, wifi detector, that he'd been drooling over.

Saturday he took me out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, then we came home and he covered the bed with rose petals, including some in a heart shape. Also had Hershey's cheesecake kisses and Dove miniatures spelling out I love you. He had bought a bunch of candles and pretty holders and had them burning on the head board and he'd bought a dvd of coral reef and fish set to calming music and was playing the music while he gave me a full body message.

Sunday I set up the banquet, everyone was invited. We took peoples pictures, fed them a meal prepared by the youth, and played Valentines Family Feud, NewlyWed Game, Candy Bar Name Game, and Anniversary Match-up. It had a very large turn out and everyone really enjoyed it. Now I'm tired from all the work Sunday. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Journye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday Leo brought my a card, a dozen roses, a bamboo shoot (which I hope I don't kill), and a box of chocolates. Then he took me out to eat.

Saturday I gave him his card and some candies he liked. Then we watched movies all day and snuggled, just spending the day together.

Then Sunday we went to PrincessB's Banquet and had a blast =^.^=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentines Day is one holiday that I am glad didn't make it to Germany. Not because I mind giving someone stuff, I love it. But this way it doesn't make me depressed for not having a valentine.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I also gave Leonato and Journye a glass bowl that I had etched "J&T" and stain glass painted a heart on and a black cherry scented candle in it, since I know they like candles and such.
And I had a bunch of gifts I had bought to give to game winners at the banquet. Whole list of stuff; candy bars, boxed chocolates, small stuffed animals, kisses, coffee mugs, a plaque, a picture frame, a basket filled with bath soap rose petals, bath salts, lotion, candles and a book on love, valentines pens, heart shaped paper fans and mylar balloons.
Did I mention I like giving things to those I care about and Valentines gives me a great opportunity and really cute stuff. Smile

Oh, duh, IronTiger also brought me a mylar balloon Friday, I told him to skip flowers because most of the stores around us they were wilted and awful and the florist we sometimes use raises prices too much for us around Valentines. Besides he bought me flowers a couple weeks ago just because and they are still in better shape then the ones we saw in local stores just before Valentines so he stopped and got me a balloon instead.

Sciath

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssh, I didn't have a Valentine!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Benleopard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alone again this year...
[Crash]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five roses and a bag of her favorite candy. I could've offered a bit of myself as well if she had actually been there. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent Singles Awareness Day at home.
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... a gift card to Kohl's since she needs some new clothing, and... the flu bug that we've both been dealing with for the last few days. Razz

- Pflarrian
Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasyl wrote:
I spent Singles Awareness Day at home.

Yup, but I also got a new car. She was my Valentine this year.

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of you who celebrated Singles Awareness Days here's something to encourage you.

http://www.sandraandwoo.com/2009/02/16/0034-woo-jumps-to-a-conclusion/

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Badger and I had a decidedly nonromantic Saturday planned, so I sprung into action on Friday. I fixed her dinner. I made her chicken breast on rice and vegetables, but I shaped the two halves of the chicken breast so they formed a heart. Then layered peperoni on top of the chicken to make the heart red.

I know, yawn. But for badgers such displays of affection are pretty hot.

S-

Teric

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got up early and made a nice breakfast for my kitty (pancakes and sausage). Later that day, we went and saw both 'Bolt' and 'The Tale of Despereaux'. She got me one of my favorites: a big bag of peanut butter M&Ms.
JediFur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dozen roses, a bear, and a small box of chocolates hand-delivered to my Imzadi's office on the 9th, along with a card. I was advised that I got a significant amount of her co-worker's partners and mates in trouble that day - for the third time in as many months! Razz

I sent it early, because she wasn't going to be able to enjoy it on the 14th due to a medical procedure on the 13th.

-Jedi

Did you Know?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: