Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bwa-ha ha ha ha!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syrius wrote:
My brother's 360 died two weeks out of the box. Brand new. Well-taken care of and never used for marathonic sessions. First, video issue. Once it was repaired (we checked the serial and it was the same unit), RROD. Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, it works fine now. But for how long?

*shrugs* Not much I can say about that, except that nothing, even well developed solutions, are perfect. There always are cases where it doesn't work. That has always been that way, only these days, thanks to the glorious joys of the internet we hear about them more readily. Plus, people are complaining louder and louder.

For the most part you only hear bad things from the community about anything you care to mention. That is because people who are unhappy are complaining loudly, while people who are happy usually don't say a thing. And why should they, they are happy.

And BTW, just because you bought it brand new doesn't mean it is one of the newest Xboxes. What's the output of your power supply?

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyDM wrote:

You must be an oracle. You speak the truth. Wink

It happens now and then Smile

Syrius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've moved out from my brother's place, so I can't see the PSU's output, but I assure you it was one of the Falcon chipsets when we bought it, to replace the previous non-falcon one that died on us. I personally made sure to check for the SKU number. At least Microsoft owned up to their mistake and offered to fix it. If it had been Sony, they would have shrugged off and offered a 500-dollar replacement plan. (Anyone remember the PSP and the square button fiasco?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: