Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Story Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benleopard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a Fox Tale I believe
Shadu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i remember correctly that one was mostly about Fox and Susan Felin with Wendy as an ex to Fox. But no serious relationship is set for her.

How i wish some of these stories continued. they were so cool. I really miss them sometimes.

Benleopard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, yes you are correct... 'A Fox Tale' is still incomplete... other I thought that would have been the story, but I admit I was wrong... I guess there is no story involves Wanda yet.
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has been reading the start of chapter 57....

Twisted Evil

Yes hopefully this will spawn a Wanda story

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that in one story Wanda said something about being the school nerd until she developed a chest the summer before her senior year, and that she graduated valedictorian. I had started a story, until I got fairly fed up with most Sabrinaverse stories and didn't want to add to them. The idea was that Wanda basically met one of my Sigurd fursona at a Ren Fair. If you've read my Mystic Wolf series you'll know that Sigurd has a very low self esteem. Since Wanda is portrayed as having a thing for shy guys she works a little magic on a guy who hates his own reflection.

I wrote her as being a guitar player, and a bit overly affectionate at times.

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Sadly that story will soon be removed as it stopped in mid September 2006.
Normally I remove them after a year and a half but I hate to lose what was a good story. After this long though I have to assume it has been abandoned and never to be completed. I have not even seen Josh on IM for over a year.

It is so frustrating to have found something good on the Internet, then have it vanish forever. It's understandable when whoever was originally hosting it vanishes and with it their website, but since The Raccoon's Bookshelf is going strong why kill the story? Or are you up against a storage limit on your hosting service and you need to eliminate older stories to make room for the new? As for the story's probability of completion, why not just put a note on the page that says the story hasn't been updated since ___ and you've lost contact with the author? Sadly, one of the evils of serialized stories.

Anyway, please don't erase history just because it's old.

Scotty

mwalimu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a couple of others have pointed out, it was Tammy and Sheila who appeared in A Fox's Tale, not Wanda. (Actually she may have made a minor appearance that I don't recall but I'm pretty sure she's not a major character). I hope it gets completed but I'm not holding my breath.

It is my intention to give Wanda a little more depth in On Location, which I really should get back to work on. It would be great to see someone tell Wanda's story.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, but I'm too damn busy write other stuff that I'm hoping to get published
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I'm assuming you'll keep a copy of the story files on backup somewhere in case Josh resurfaces? He's not been IM-available for a while, near as I can tell. I've sent him emails as well, but no reply. No bounce-back, mind you, but no replies either. Hope he and Rava are okay, unless I seriously missed something while I was going insane last year...

- Pflarrian
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry.

Wanda Vixen... Wanda Vixen...

What does anyone know about her other than (if I remember correctly) she's a creation of EWS? Has he even given her any sort of backstory?

S-

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think Wanda is Chris Foxx's creation, you might be thinking of Sheila Vixen she's the EWS came up with.

racky raccoon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanda is one of his

Oh there WILL be a back story when the next chapter comes out. there something to get you interested in the chapter

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
mwalimu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Wanda, I've been lazy the last few months and hardly done a thing with On Location since I posted the last chapter in September. After examining some of the other things I've been doing with my time and which of these things would give me greatest sense of accomplishment in the future as I look back, I've decided this should have a higher priority and have made a commitment to myself to spend a minimum of two hours each week working on the story. At that rate I expect to be able to put out a chapter every three months. Hopefully more often, especially if once I get into working on it I'll feel motivated to keep going and get it done sooner. And to all my readers, feel free to poke me about it now and then to keep me honest about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: