Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kamikaze Kitsune: Scrapbook.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syrius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Kamikaze Kitsune: Scrapbook. Reply with quote

(Any errors, blame it on the time. I'm tired. Enjoy. Feedback is appreciated, and almost begged for. Thanks. Just a simple, short story which will expand the Kami Kitsune universe.)

Another time.

An ordinary city, with ordinary traffic. With problems. With solutions that created new problems, in a self-sustaining reaction that alternated between order and chaos. Seasons passed, events came. People laughing; people crying. Dead people; people being born.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Ordinary was the norm. Or at least it seemed so.

Green. Blue. Gray. Brown. Colors that the old and dignified gentleman noticed as he waited in the hospital. But he was not a patient; the experienced fox avoided with some success the impatience as he mused: the colors he could see were exactly the same he had been thinking about during the short trip to the hospital. His stay in the waiting room wouldn't be long.

"Ki'Yahma." A nurse called the name. His heart thumping with joy, the veteran approached the counter. He shot the nurse a kind glance and nodded. "Henry? Good. This way please. They're waiting for you."

The nurse guided him through the immaculate hallway, and stopped a few doors down. She opened the door for him and indicated with a hand gesture to access the room.

Upon entering and setting eyes on his son, the old fox raised and opened his arms a little, inquisitive. "Where is she? Let me see her."

"Hello, Dad." The younger fox greeted as he stood up from the chair. He smiled at his wife, who seemed tired, but content, comfortably resting on the bed. In her arms, which sported the darker-colored "gloves" typical of most vulpines, rested a fuzzy bundle; if not for the breathing, it could have been mistaken for a finely-crafted toy on closer inspection.

"Hello, Henry." The new mother said, and pulled back the cover that obscured the baby's face. She stirred for a second, emitting a faint grunt, and settled. Being a few hours old, she wasn't used to the light.

"Oh, just look at her." Henry commented. "Everything in place and in the right amount?"

His son rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Of course, dad. I would have told you if not."

"What color are her eyes?" He asked again, hopeful.

"Green." The new father replied, smiling widely.

Henry let out a soft laugh. "Yes! I am a lucky old man: Every beautiful woman I've known in my life has had lovely emerald eyes." He turned to see his daughter-in-law, who chuckled at the compliment as she brushed a lock of blonde hair away from her face. The apple truly didn't fall far from the tree, she thought. Father and son had each fallen in love and married a woman with green eyes.

"Have you decided on a name?"

"Yes. In fact, we have something for you to take home. I know you'll like what we chose." The mother replied, and added: "Thank you for everything you did, Henry."

Henry took the gift as his son handed it to him. It was a framed impression of the baby's footprints, bearing her name and date of birth. Feeling happy in such a way he hadn't felt since the birth of his own son, his eyes narrowed as he smiled, studying the object:

"Meheerah Ki'Yahma. Baby Girl. July 23rd, 10:17 AM"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: