Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loaded Subject!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude did you watch the news with the Iraq war Part 2 was starting up? On a near weekly basis Bush would come up with a new and different reason that he wanted to attack Iraq! Plus the fact, that even now, at this point in time, today, at 2:16 pm, here is no proof behind any of Bush's claims about Iraq. The only proof of anything that we have, is that terrorism within Iraq got worse after the war.

Plus I'll mention again, that there is a huge movement to try and impeach both the VP and the President! The only reason that it's not gotten further is because Pelosi is blocking them both.

As for a plan to fix the country's economy? That's not my job Mike, that's not what I'm paid to do. I'm paid to stock shelves, that's it. My duty is to voice my opinion and the problems I see to the people I have elected so that they can get together and fix the problems. I can say any form of stuff that comes to mind that sounds great to me, but when you place it to actual economics it could be the direct opposite of what needs to be done.

I'm just a regular guy that understands that Bush lied to us, that the economy is not in a good place, and that we don't need a war with Iran. Oh yah, did I mention the war crimes that Bush is in trouble for?

and if you don't want to buy the war crimes, watch this clip from cnn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHQ7Prwh7Gc

Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest problem with Bill Clinton (I _despised_ the man and resented every minute of his presidency) was that he failed to resume the Gulf War when it was so clearly and unmistakably called for. OTOH, when Mr. Bush tried to "simplify" the issue by linking the need to attack to Iraqi WMD, I knew he was making a terrible mistake. At the time, I wrote a letter to a local paper (they printed it, too) forecasting what an idiot our President was about to make of himself when no WMD material was found. (I predicted it would simply be relocated to Syria.) I've not much trusted the basic abilities of the Administration since, though I found the single offered alternative far worse.

None of this that I can see pertains much to the original thread-topic of war with Iran. All I can say is that, as I read the tea leaves, if Iran is allowed to get nukes there is a very large chance of nuclear war in the mid-east, and perhaps elsewhere. My studies of the issue indicate to me that truly deep bunkers cannot be reliably killed with non-nuclear weapons. Therefore, I do not support any _non-nuclear_ pre-emptive strike against Iran-- that much I can say for certain. All it will do, very likely, is provoke a war without defanging the enemy, the worst of all possible outcomes. And, on the side of peace, I am very encouraged by the fact that there is considerable internal resentment against the regime.

If a pre-emptive strike is made by Israel, particularly a nuclear one, then all hell will break out in the world. If we do it, all hell will still break out, but perhaps not actual fighting. Who should do it, if and when? I'm really not sure. It's far more their fight than ours, but do we owe the world the removal a new Hitler? Perhaps.

So, as you can see, I remain very much undecided and, as usual, unrepresented politically. (No one in Washington seems to hold an opinion anywhere close to mine, on pretty much anything.) Of all the options, right now I suspect that a non-nuclear pre-emptive strike by either us or Israel is the worst. It carries almost all the negatives, with a large risk of accomplishing nothing.

(To those of you about to send me high-tech geewhiz articles on the latest conventional bunker-buster bombs-- thanks, I've read those already. Have _you_ read the Air Force's requests, turned down by the Clinton Administration, for a nuclear bunker buster? They asked for this because convincing data said that conventional weapons could not be improved enough to meet emerging defensive techniques...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: