Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have problems!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasyl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: I have problems! Reply with quote

I need some help. I know a lot of you have knowledge in the tech field, so I thought I’d try here before registering and trying this on some other tech help site.

I have a Palm Tungsten E2 that I’m trying to connect to my computer using Bluetooth. My laptop is Vista Home Premium, and has a USB Bluetooth device. However, I am having two major problems:

Whenever I try to run HotSync with Bluetooth, it results with a message on the Palm: “Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by another application.” I have it set to run the "AARON-PC" connection, which is set up to connect to my laptop using Bluetooth. When scanning for devices, the two connect just fine. I have set up a new COM port for the Bluetooth device (COM 4), and is strictly-Bluetooth use. However, it still will not sync.

My other problem is trying to share my internet connection, which is dial-up, with the Palm wirelessly. I have set my dial-up connection as “shared” on my computer, and added my Palm as a trusted device. On the Palm, the network settings are to use the service and connection of “AARON-PC,” which as I said is Palm to laptop using Bluetooth. Whenever I open the Web browser on my Palm, it shows that it is trying to sign on; on the laptop it says that the Bluetooth Connection was successful, and that the Palm device “Kasyl” is connected to “Dial-up Networking.” However, the only thing that happens on my Palm is a message that says, “Error: PPP timeout (0x1231).”

Any help you could give me would be great. This is really frustrating.

Kasyl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, HotSync is working correctly with Bluetooth now. However, it still will not connect to the internet wirelessly.
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried MochaSoft's MochaPPP?

http://www.mochasoft.dk/freeware/ppp.htm

It was written for earlier versions of Windooze, and doesn't know what BT is, but if BT looks like a serial port to it, it should work...
(I use it all the time to connect a Psion to the net through my XP laptop)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Kasyl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh... thanks. I just downloaded it, I'll install it and see how it works. My BT is a serial port, so it should work. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: