Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commentors who go missing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Commentors who go missing? Reply with quote

Hey all.

Now that we're coming up on the end of AVC...with just two chapters left to post (and I am contemplating asking Fikrann to post them both today, then leave next week off as I am rushing off to Norway, before we return to the world of 'Transitions II') I am wondering what happened to some of the commentors I used to see around here.

Shadowjaguar for one? Just to take an example. It's been ages since I heard from you, man. One look back through the Transitions and Transitions II forums show that others have been here and left. I never hear from Anthony anymore either, for instance.

I wonder if I drove people away, somehow, or if you're still here but simply lurking.

If the first is the case, I hope someone will send me a PM, telling me what I did. If the second is the case, I'd like to ask people to please stop lurking and be active on the forum.

Why?

Well, it's simple really. I know why a lot of people prefer to lurk around...but I do like to hear people's opinions. When I occasionally get defensive about my writing...well, that's just me protecting my brainchild so to speak. It doesn't mean I'm not paying close attention and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean I'm not making mental notes for later use. Often it's difficult, not to say impossible, for me to go back and make changes in stories I've written and posted already. It'd take an insane amount of work since I would often have to change little things in many chapters based on a single change in -one-. But I can be aware of these things for later reference, and that, I assure you, is the case.

More than that, a forum with no life is...well...boring. I know that a lot of people didn't think the idea behind AVC was a lot of fun. It was 'just a story' as Nameless put it (although he assured me it was a -good- story). I know what he meant, and I agree. AVC doesn't have that element of 'me' in it, because...well...I didn't live in ancient Rome. But there is still a -little- bit of me in it, because I've used it to slap modern society in the face a few times about some very obvious issues. Can't help myself, it's how I write and you all know it by now Very Happy

I can only say that it's been enormously fun for me to write AVC, but that I have missed 'Transitions' and that I am looking forward to getting back to that story. I therefor hope that those who used to be active on this forum will become so again.

There is another reason for this, and this is IMPORTANT. Since I am leaving for Norway on the tenth of August, I may not be able to chitchat with people on MSN or Yahoo for four long months until I get back to Denmark. The reason is that I don't know what room I will get to live in until I get up there. And that means I don't know if there will be a room with internet connection for all that time. If I have to do without home-connection while there, I will still be able to log on from University itself, but...let's face it...that's not quite the same thing.

That means that for me to get any idea of what you all think of my writing while I'm up there (and if we take a realistic look at it...we're talking four and a half months. That's twenty or so chapters worth of posting), and I NEED the feedback, so PLEASE use the forums again.

I need you all to Smile

*hugs*

Joan
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still here Aslaug. been a bit of a lurker and am way behind on all yoru stories. been tring to catch up but RL refuses to cooperate. On this i do appologise. i'm still tryign to catch up ut I prefer not comenting untill I actually know what everyone els it talking about.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Valaina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you know I'm more of a lurker than anything...
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, i'm still around. I never left really. I've just been...preoccupied. Alot. You know, the usual things. College, getting courses straightened out, Final reports and exams.

Oh, and dont forget family...had to play taxi to my cousins and look after them as their mother went on a honeymoon.

Only 3 things will keep me away from here for good.
1) The internet dies compleately across the world. [Yeah, right.]
2) I lose my home to a natural disaster. [Lord I hope not.]
3) I'm no longer around to comment. [not for another 70 years if I have anything ot say about it]

So, i'm staying. Nothing will scare me away. *shakes a finger at the filly* Not even those spiked shoes you have. Gods...i'm starting to regret even giving you those. ^^;

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be out of touch for about 3 or 4 months. My connection is going away, and it will be that long before I can get a new one.

So i'm not leaving, i'm just...not going to be around.

Keep writing a good storry Filly, I'll catch up when i can.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your cheerfulness and good cheer will be sorely and dearly missed, Shadowjaguar. Speedy returns to you and I do hope you'll come back to us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back! Somewhat...kindof...maybe? Well, off and on for about another 2 or so weeks untill I get my connection back at my house. I'm kindof..borrowing the computer of my cousin. Rolling Eyes
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowjaguar wrote:
I'm back! Somewhat...kindof...maybe? Well, off and on for about another 2 or so weeks untill I get my connection back at my house. I'm kindof..borrowing the computer of my cousin. Rolling Eyes
Well, be sure to convert them to reading this marelous story and we'll forgive you. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rodent42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have returned from hiding as it were. I have not been doing much anywhere for awhile. I told the filly what was going on, but I will be by here when I can. I will be lurking mostly as I have right at a year of posts to catch up on.

Rat
Jac

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*scritches the rodent and offers some nuts and cheese as a welcome back-snack*

It's really good to see you again. I hope you'll enjoy playing catch-up to the rest of the stories Very Happy
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Rodent. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: