Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rackett

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

Must be the Ferret in me, but I got LOTS of questions.

Question For example: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/05/DDS7VUH5M.DTL
This article describes a writer using a Pod Cast as a way to reach readers or potential readers. Would this work for IC? Could it be read and/or serialized as a Podcast without harm to the various copyright holders?
Naturally, it would be best to sart at the beginging so each of the chapeters of all the Acts would need to be made into individual podcasts. But there are still enough fans out there to put something like this together, right?

Question Another Question: what ever happened to the people in the second Act after Arden & Sheila left? They had just killed the Crown Prince (Rapes-A-Lot) and destroyed the stronghold of a major consipracy working against the ruling party. What happened to Gwen and her niece and the other folks left beihind? What of the Cat-like people that were enslaved? Were they ever recognized as being "people" at all? Or are they still treated as beasts or slaves? There were several story threads there left hanging. Perhaps that is where Arden is now? Cleaning up the mess there?
We know Thomas from that world is now in Zig-Zag's employ as a Nanny, but were any other spirits from that universe transferred to the current universe? Perhaps the mysterious figure behind the DA and his obsession with Arden & Sheila is really an old foe? Since the Dragon had his power reduced at the end of Act 3, it can't be HIM, can it? Surely it's not "Lucy", since he had Thomas put something in the DA's house without the DA's knowledge. Unless the DA was expecting a "delivery" of something? Like Aqueous Mana?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOK OUT. IT'S THE POD PEOPLE!!!

I'd rather read a book than have it read to me. How complete are audiobooks, are they read word for word or condensed?

Still waiting for a <$50 ebook reader to hit the market, >$300 is too much, might as well get a small notebook instead at that price.

There's no need for the Act 2 world to be revisited as part of IC. Though it might be interesting if there were short spin-off stories resulting from Arden's actions while he was there or in the Act 3 world (more so for 2 than 3). I doubt Arden's there, it's more likely that we just haven't seen him yet in 4 (since it has already been stated that he hasn't appeared yet in Act 4). I hope we DO see him very soon.

Rackett

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: More Questions :) Reply with quote

Well, I can accept that maybe Arden is not going to be cleaning up in that world, but someone certainly needs to. Smile

Question Another question. We know that Thomas is the same as "Fish" from the Act II world, but does HE know that? Does he have all his memories from his time as "Fish" and his time with Nanuk? What of all the memories from his other lives that were in other other universes?

Question Is that what happened to Arden's Soul? Did it got scattered to various incarnations in multiple different Universes and until all of those bits get back together, he can't return to Sheila? Possibly he even has been present in the current story line, but until the other parts of his soul get back together, even HE does not reccognize himself as Arden?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I've seen hints that Nanny Thomas knows his past to some extent, as well as whatever mission objectives he has (from Nanuk, Arden or whoever).

I seem to recall something about (most of? all of?) Arden's other selves being dead already, but I'd have to reread the story again (or forum posts) to refresh. I suppose it might be possible that Arden might be split up a bit, but all in this act's dimension, not spread across multiple dimensions. Or maybe he's just memory-blocked for now.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many questions.... Will try to answer, but if not coherent, it's because I'm sick.

1) Whether podcast or written text, it still takes a lot of time assembling and editing the story into a coherent plot line, especially considering how many different plot twists I tend to toss around.

2) The people in Act 2 will be re-visited by Arden's kids. Remember that they have a destiny, though we don't know exactly what that may be yet.

3) We don't know what fish does or doesn't remember. That will have to yet be discovered. However, as Einstein was reported to have said: Time is a funny thing.

4) Good question. We know he got run through a Blendtech Blendr, now the question is how well has he pulled himself back together. What bits, if any, are missing? One shall have to wait and see.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rackett

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hikaru wrote:
So many questions.... Will try to answer, but if not coherent, it's because I'm sick.

Please don't strain yourself!
Take care of yourself first and us second or thrid.

hikaru wrote:
1) Whether podcast or written text, it still takes a lot of time assembling and editing the story into a coherent plot line, especially considering how many different plot twists I tend to toss around.

Which is why I suggest WE, your fans, do this not you! And why we would only do the existing chapters, nothing new. All you would need to do is final approval that all is good. Of course we'd also want to do a professional sounding job, so need someone with good equipment.

hikaru wrote:
2) The people in Act 2 will be re-visited by Arden's kids. Remember that they have a destiny, though we don't know exactly what that may be yet.

We, your ardent Arden fans, don't know what that destiny is; but YOU do! It's good to know the story is not almost over if the kids have to grow up and have thier OWN adventures!

hikaru wrote:
3) We don't know what fish does or doesn't remember. That will have to yet be discovered. However, as Einstein was reported to have said: Time is a funny thing.

I ssuspect he knows more than the average pesron in his universe, since he knows about Mana and how to use it. He also seems to know, or know of, "Luci" since he is doing tasks for him. Wonder wher he gets these instructions? And the Mana candy?

hikaru wrote:
4) Good question. We know he got run through a Blendtech Blendr, now the question is how well has he pulled himself back together. What bits, if any, are missing? One shall have to wait and see.

As long as we can look forward to further episodes, it's all good.

Question A further question: How do the folks pushing Sheila's buttons know which to push? How do they know enough details to arrange for the collision in the hallway the leads to her relapse? Since those are memories created by Luci, how do they know of them; much less know enough details to trigger them? Was she really in FBI rehab/debriefing long enough for them to get detailed information? Who has given them this info? Why?

P.S. Hope these questions are not too much but, as I said, the ferret in me wants to dig out these answers. Smile
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luci's avatar is giving orders. We've seen him at least once a few chapters back.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
Luci's avatar is giving orders. We've seen him at least once a few chapters back.

Are you sure it was Luci?

There are other players. Someone at Luci's level can't get into this world because it's technically a "non-magical" world, though Fish's existence seems to contradict that fact.

Then again, who can say exactly what Fish's purpose is there, eh?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, then possibly it was someone in league with Luci. It just sounded to me like he knew something about Shiela's real situation.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
Alright, then possibly it was someone in league with Luci. It just sounded to me like he knew something about Shiela's real situation.

Oh, he does know something about Sheila's situation.... but it ain't Luci.

Think about it and it might come to you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: