Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOAN

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash
Evil Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: MOAN Reply with quote

Why do we have to access planetfurry using the url of http://www.planetfurry.com/forums/ ?

Diagnosis please.
Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, i get the same problem!
Ash
Evil Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we are greeted by a friendly error message unless you put "/forums/" on the end of the address.
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My assumption is that it's done that way because it might make it more difficult to access other PF sites.

Example: If Whiplash sets the home directory for PF to be /forums (i.e. - when you type in http://www.planetfurry.com/, you get this forum), you then end up with a problem reaching the other sites, unless he puts them all under the /forums directory. As it is at this moment, the /forums directory is on the same level as /~kinsfire, /~mjriv, /~clintmcinnes, and so on. (This is a major assumption here, but I'd imagine it'll prove to be basically correct.)

So you have to type an extra seven characters...no biggie.

Kinsfire

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, he just hasn't put up an welcome page like he used to have. It would be fairly easy to build a page that just redirected folks to the forums, but I'd think that he wants to have a proper home page for the server.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why doesnt Whip-lash use the main page as a proper wesite, maybe with info on Planetfurry forums, it does seem a waste to leave it as it is.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps because he wants to make a proper website and currently doesn't have the time for that?
Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was naughty.
u can use this cjb.net address to jump straight to the home page. I can remove this if requested.

http://plntfrry.cjb.net
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's so naughty about that? All you did was access an older url that's still alive.

Now if you did it through my account; then we got a problem.
BTW- is there a Black Van parked out in front of your home? Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon is right. I haven't had any time to work on Planetfurry. I can't even get to work on the partition problem that is still in effect on the server because I can't even get to the server, let alone have the time to do so.

Because my job helps pay the bills and puts food on the table, I have to give it a higher priority, which means working on Planetfurry is either limited or non existant.

I'll put a redirect page up their later tonight. I honestly haven't thought about it since the crackers got into the server.

My apologies for the problems that were caused by this not being in place. I have made promises that I have not been able to keep, and that is wrong. I do hope to have more time in the future, so I can get to work on Planetfurry and it's services.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Whip;
Dont take it too hard. Its still the best "free" service on the net, or at least one of them...

Many thanks for the work you put on it. I know (with my own server crapping out too many times), it aint easy!

-Elfen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey AF, RDF, F...chill guys, so Whip doesn't have a Maim Page up yet, big deal. Give the man a break, Real Life comes first...and really tends to get in the way, too. So just bookmark the forums, geez....

Ghostwolf out...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: