Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 8 part 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Chapter 8 part 2 Reply with quote

Mother put on a fake smile, it was about time; now all she had to do was wait. She was sure they would send scouts to verify who she was then the fun would start. She watched Keith as he talked calmly not knowing what he had actually done. She just sat and grinned.

It was late in the evening, almost time for them to go to bed, in fact Keith's Mother had retired hours ago. It was just the two of them watching a very stupid movie which Keith seemed to be getting a good laugh out of; when there was a knock on the door. Keith looked out the window and spied a big black Hummer in the drive. There wasn't the money around these parts for a vehicle like that. He gulped as he didn't know who this was, out of towners he guessed.
"Hello?" He said through the door not opening it for he feared for himself.
"Good evening Mr. Foster, you called us this afternoon. We are here to check up on your guest, just to be sure she is all right."
Keith wasn't sure about this, it being this late and all. "Could you come back tomorrow morning, it's late you know?"
There was some talk that Keith didn't make out then the voice said, "Understood Mr. Foster about 10 am?"
"That will be fine."
"We will see you then."
Keith heard the big truck roar off then he turned back to his guest, "Sorry bout that but it's late and I don't know them, it's better this way."
Mother was angry but she didn't let it show, what she really wanted to do is strangle Keith and run off but that wasn't going to fix things right now. She was going to have to wait till morning, she sighed.

She awoke the next day later than she had intended and to her astonishment it was way past ten. She rushed out of her room to find three giant wolves in the living room with Keith talking up a storm. He saw her enter and smiled.
"And here she is gentlemen."
One wolf stood, "I see." His ears signaled to her that he was being cautious. "Miss, if I might have a talk with you privately."
Keith handed the wolf a pad of paper and a pencil, "You might need these."
"Yes I might, thank you." He took them from him and followed the small creature.

She signaled him to enter her room, as he walked past her, she was stunned by his size. She realized that she wasn't overly tall but he was big. She didn't remember hiring him but then again she didn't hire everyone, just more her personal staff. He sat down on the bed and opened his briefcase he had with him.

He stared at the creature before him, he did not know her; to say it was hard believe she was who she claimed to be was an understatement.
"You must understand that it has been months since we have had any word about you. I am assuming that you are who you say you are. Only one of your staff survived and he didn't live all that long. He indicated that they were attacked by the military. We have tried to figure out what transpired there but we know very little. If you are who you say you are then I will fill you in to what we know." He watched for her reaction she just nodded.

He turned a laptop on that he had taken out of his brief case and did a few things with it first not saying anything. Then he turned it around and faced it towards her. "On the screen are details that you should know, we understand that your memory is poor sometimes after things happen to you. Just answer what you can and we'll make the final judgement."

She wanted to speak right there and then but she was also being careful. She looked at the questions and began to answer them, some were very basic but others were complicated. She finally finished and did a quick review then turned the small computer back to the giant wolf.

He had a long chance to look her over, she was nothing like what they were told she might look like. He thought he best tell her his thoughts or that of the agency. "You are not what we suspected but that is not to say that you are not you. We have to review this data, if we find it sufficient then we will return and you can tell us what you want us to do then. Is this acceptable?"
She nodded knowing that was what would probably happen. "Also be aware that this is a big decision and it may take a couple of days." That she didn't like. He saw her disapproval.
"You wouldn't want us to hand over your agency to just anyone would you?"
She nodded no, but that still didn't make her happy. They returned to the living room and the other wolves got up and excused themselves, in a few moments they were alone.

Keith was shocked, "That's it?? They just leave you here??" Mother took a piece of paper and began writing to explain to him. He read the note, "They need to verify who you are?" She nodded. "Ah can't they tell just by looking at you?"
"No." Mother wrote, "I've been gone a long time."
"Ah…ok. They coming back?"
"Only if they think I'm the right person." Mother scribbled.
"All right sounds strange to me but I hope they feel you're the right one they are looking for."
She nodded, "Me too." She sighed. "I want out of here as soon as possible", she thought.

The large wolf entered into the back seat of the Hummer, where all eyes were on him. Three sets of eyes from three other wolves. One happened to be a red coloured female with dark eyes, she sat beside him. He knew her intimately but for today it was work and no play.
"Well, is it her?" She said.
"Not quite sure Kasandra, this creature is far different from what the main team described."
"The main team, Michael, is toast remember!!!?? They got themselves blowed up!!! We're the main team now."
"Blown up Kasandra and I do remember that, for your information."
"Hmmfph" Kasandra said in a huff, she didn't like being corrected in front of the guys; so what if she dropped out of school early.

The driver of the hummer started the large truck, "Review the data Michael, it's up to us to make the decision, although you have the final say."
"Thanks Evan, I really needed to be reminded of that fact." He watched as the driveway disappeared and they turned out of the drive and down the long vacant road. No one was going to find them back here, heck they had a time finding the place.

Two days later…

Michael took another sip of coffee as he reviewed his findings. The couch was much more comfortable than the Hummers seats. The drive they had in that damn thing wasn't worth the trip to find this freak. Although the tests confirmed it, she was who she claimed to be. Eighty four percent was pretty good considering what they had as records; they knew she would have partial memory loss. The really big discrepancy was her body, it looked like nothing what they had to compare to. He sighed as he sipped his coffee, the one joy he felt he had left in life.

He had taken the job for he had nothing, not a penny in his pocket. Suddenly he stopped one guy running away and then two wolves beat the shit out of him. They then turn around and ask if he wants a job, he should have said no right then and there but his stomach needed nourishment. He hadn't had a decent meal in months; now he was well set up and not doing much…that was until now. It was his decision to make as to what to do now. Where had she come from? All indications from their investigation were that she had disappeared. After that one day they never heard a thing. Months had gone by and no word.

What they managed to get out of the police was very little and cost a lot. Now it was up to him to either silence a mad fur or accept who she was and begin a cycle that could lead to more destruction than ever. He shook his head as he watched Kassandra saunter in and cozy up beside him.
"Well." She said as she nuzzled against him.
"Well what?"
"You know…is she genuine?" She rubbed his bare chest, rubbing her paw through his fur.
He loved her scent and her touch, "From how she answered yeah she's the real deal."

She suddenly stopped and stared Michael in the eye, "She's a powerful creature Michael if she is the true deal. I've heard the stories, you have to watch every step around her."
"I've read them as well, Martin told me about her. I dunno what to do Kassandra. I want to leave her here and let her rot but that's not a good idea in my opinion. However if we accept her then we are gonna be in for a lot of flack."
"There is also the fact that she is our employer."
He sighed, "That's true Kassandra." He gripped her paw and moved it to his mouth and began lightly to gnaw on it. Kassandra moaned as he nibbled. "But I think we'll leave the decision till tomorrow, we'll all get together and get a consensus on what's going on."
"Yeah, sounds good." Kassandra purred knowing what was going to happen next.

Keith moved the last checker on the board and knew he had lost again. This skunk was good, then again he never was a good checker player. The one fact he couldn't get over was that she was creepy, without her fur she just sent tingles up his spine whenever she stared at him.
"Looks like you won again."
"Yes it seems so." She scribbled, she was bored but she decided to keep Keith amused trying not to arouse suspicion. She, after all was an innocent who had a bad turn of luck. She was angry as well; this crew was taking its damn sweet time. But on the other paw she was impressed they hadn't made a rash decision about her, that would imply incompetence and she wouldn't tolerate that. She helped Keith set up the board once again, taking a sip of tea. She had grown fond of its taste.

It was a quiet time for her; a lot of thinking had been done but still she was no closer to having any answers. Some things she remembered clearly but in others a fog surrounded the memories. Codes, numbers of all sorts were all there at her finger tips but other things such as people were not as tangible. The one thing that did surprise her was Swallow's body; it was elegant in its design. She still did not have any hunger pains and that was a week ago. Her belly was long gone but she still remained thin, her metabolism must be outstanding. The molting process was a surprising though, she wasn't sure exactly how much Swallow had grown but it was significant enough for her to shed her skin. Although the process had produced an obnoxious odour, she guessed it was a sort of acid. The truth would tell when she got back to her lab, if she ever got there.

End Of Chapter 8

Bang Bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer Came Down….

Badgers? Badgers? We don need no steenkin' badgers!

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: