Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I could use some help or suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunningCat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: I could use some help or suggestions Reply with quote

I have been writing several Sara and Dorothy cases story lately and have a sudden urge to put my two characters in Crime Noir of sort. I do not want it to be two heavy as I seen some actually I would like it to come with a little bit comedy if at all possible with feature of crime and sex (what I believe is every Noir writing)

I am just wondering what you all have to say about that and what suggestions you might be able to give me. I have a few rattling around my brain as jot down notes on sticky pads (actually half of one side of my desk is covered in them) still I could use any advice.

Pleas from RunningCat
Teric

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read much Noir myself, so I'm afraid I wouldn't have much to tell you in the way of advice. Casablanca is probably the extent of my Noir experience.
GriffinX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just make sure that you get the clothing, dialects of your characters, and the imagery of the whole place being dark and always on the bad side of town and you'll probably get real close and wile Casablanca is good i think your more inclined to be a Sin City kind of noir or maybe Road to Perdition. (that has always been my favorite type, the 'good' guy that go's out from a tragedy, with a M1 1911 thompson The Tommy gun and exacts his vengeance on the perpetrator following and tracking him down tell he has no where left to hide.)

make sure the mystery is never really explained, it just is.

there's something of value for everyone, even if they don't really see it to begin with.

and the henchmen are all ugly cusses wile the brains of the out fit or DA BOSS. I.E. ohhh da boss ain't gonna be to happy 'bout dis! or da boss would like a few words wit'cha. is roguishly handsome with a faint scare here and there hinting that he's had his share of close calls and knows what he's doing.

and there's always a dame in need. ALWAYS.

as for comidy, thats what the henchmen are for, wile there's not always that dumb one you can certainly have one or two

http://www.freewebs.com/griffinxango/
RunningCat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of having like a sort of dream sequence as the Furry characters I am using are already established living a sort of Future with Furries and Humans but I could have fun with it. Thanks for your advice. Also some other Film Noir you may want to look at is Double Idementy or The Maltese Falcon those are the Film Noir I am thinking of
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: