Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gone Wylde
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Concolor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcmack wrote:
Another must read chapter out of the way! Good job on chapter 45. Ok, so Wendy has been saved, the crazy evil overlord from the dark dimension has attacked the FIA agent, there is some whoo hoo going on, and Wendy is back in some danger again.

"Danger" is a tricky term. Especially in this context.

She has an unusual fever. At this point that is all we know.

kcmack wrote:
Ok, is there a way to tell if someone has been augmented? I know that the mad scientist was going out and doing 2nd gen augments on people at random. What I am wondering is how obvious would the augmentations be and what would someone need to detect them?

Some of my editors and I have discussed this very topic at some length. One of them has a story of his own wherein his main character is a Second-Gen Augment and is unaware of the fact.

I should probably put everyone's distress to rest and just go ahead and say that Wendy was never a part of that program.

That being said ...

I love knowing what's going to happen. Twisted Evil

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:

Not mentioned because it didn't happen. The necklace, at the end of this chapter, is safe and sound, hanging from the head of her bed.

And wasn't she supposed NOT to take it off?

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Concolor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She doesn't VOLUNTARILY take it off. But it wasn't up to her. She wasn't in her right mind. Karl removed it because he was afraid that she'd choke herself with it while thrashing around in the throes of her fever.

But he knows that it is important for several reasons, so he doesn't have it very far from her. As soon as he is satisfied she won't hurt herself, he'll put it back on her.

Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
I think he's talking about Wendy's Ex. The Overlord's favorite pet.
You did bring it up at the start of 45 when Capra says he thinks a secondary augment has gone rouge.

A -- He may be the Overlord's pet, but he's HARDLY a favorite. Wink

B -- Capra's just going off what he knows. Although he has had some exposure to magic and its effects, his primary experience, where super-powered individuals are concerned, is in the field of Augmentation. All the signs point to that, in his mind. He is about to get an education.

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
She has an unusual fever. At this point that is all we know.

I should probably put everyone's distress to rest and just go ahead and say that Wendy was never a part of that program.

My initial thought was that she lost the necklace. That was reinforced by her desire to go out, as if possibly drawn to it to put it back on.

As for the unusual fever roaming from area to area, the next thought I had was whether there was some augment leakage from their... exchange of body fluids.

kcmack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
I think he's talking about Wendy's Ex. The Overlord's favorite pet.
You did bring it up at the start of 45 when Capra says he thinks a secondary augment has gone rouge.

Nah, Concolor hit the nail on the head on my question but it does also apply to Wendy's ex.

Zuesek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got caught up on the last 2 Chapters. They were excellent. I was glad to see some very big steps happen in Karl and Wendy's relationship. Lots of good character development.

It's late and I'm tired, so I'll have to post in more detail tomorrow. But great work Concolor! Cool

I'm really curious how Karl plans on getting back into their old lives with the Cafe and everything. He's spending a lot of money getting it repaired and now with his new found relationship with Wendy, he's probably going to want to stick with her. But now the authorities and the terror cells know where he was, so it will be hard for him to just go back.

I'm also curious about his plans for putting a hover system on the sled. That would be quite a vehicle if he pulls it off.

On a side note Concolor, do you plan on revisiting the Foxx family anytime soon? Or is their story pretty much told, for the time being?

Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Zuesek. Good questions.

Zuesek wrote:
I'm really curious how Karl plans on getting back into their old lives with the Cafe and everything. He's spending a lot of money getting it repaired and now with his new found relationship with Wendy, he's probably going to want to stick with her. But now the authorities and the terror cells know where he was, so it will be hard for him to just go back.

At the time when he arranged to have that done, he didn't anticipate that his relationship with Wendy would advance as it has. The expense was inconsequential to him. Now, though, he will have to rethink their position vis a vis the Inn.

Zuesek wrote:
On a side note Concolor, do you plan on revisiting the Foxx family anytime soon? Or is their story pretty much told, for the time being?

Am I finished with the Foxx family? No. But we won't be seeing anything of them for a while. Chapter 47 is the end of the arc, and the next arc (through Chapter 53) deals exclusively with K & W.

Now, about chapter updates for the near future:

In my capacity as a design engineer for Pfizer, I have a lot of responsibility but not a lot of 'clout'. I am undertaking a program to correct that. There is a manufacturing and quality philosophy known as Lean Six-Sigma that is currently all the rage around the industry. It involves the use of statistical and investigation tools to determine the root causes of variability in a given process, and strategies for eliminating them. I am going to be leading a Green Belt Team to look into some of the problems in our capsule-printing process. That (Green Belt certification) is the first stage, after which comes Black Belt certification and then certification as a Lean Six-Sigma trainer.

The Green Belt Team will occupy the majority of my spare time for the next four to six months. Basically I will have two jobs, because this will be in addition to all my regular work. Unfortunately, there is no concomitant pay. In the long term, though, it will be a tremendous help to my career -- assuming that our economy doesn't completely melt down, which it very well may. I hope none of you is upside-down on a mortgage, because things are going to get extremely sticky in that area in the near future.

Now, that being said, I am more than half-done with 46. I should (Lord willin' and the creek don't rise) have it complete in a week or two. The bad news is that the chapter has yet another cliffhanger. (Sorry.) The good news is that Chapter 47 is already written, and will post a week after 46.

tobi3B

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AYE!

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Zuesek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll Aye to that.
SnowFox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye! With feeling.
Hortmage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Where is the story? Reply with quote

I haven't been in this part of the forum in a dog's age, but I have occasionally peaked at the Gone Wylde website: http://www.planetfurry.com/users/clintmcinnes/BOOKChapterDirectory.htm

Haven't seen an update in years...According to that site, chapter 29 was the last one posted. Yet I pop in here to find that Sir Concolor (congrats on being knighted, btw) is working on chapter 47!

So... Where exactly is the story being housed? Question

Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dear Hortmage -

It resides on the Raccoon's Bookshelf, right here:

http://www.raccoons-bookshelf.com/Site/stories_sb_2.html

I apologize profusely for the state of my website. I have the tools (I think) to get it back on its feet and get all the updates in place, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY haven't had the time to learn how to use them. Between all the stuff going on at work, and all the other stuff going on at home, if I get any discretionary time I use it to write. Wendy insists. Wink

But Our Fearless Leader, the Old Gray Raccoon, has graciously placed the story extant on his site, converted into PDF format to facilitate reading. All hail The Mike!

Hortmage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...wow...I've got a LOT of catching up to do! Shocked Thanks for the link!

This one's for anyone...probably Mike?

Is there an easy way to bookmark where you left off on a PDF page?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 48 of 79

Jump to: