Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rant Central - Or why is the next chapter not posted already
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Rant Central - Or why is the next chapter not posted already Reply with quote

That sounds bad, doesn't it. Confused

Actually, things are not that bad, the next chapter of SiasfL is moving into the editing phase and may be ready sometime this weekend.

Just as a pre-warning: I'll start doing a little to earn the story rating. Shocked

My work on this and my other stories is progressing. Not nearly as fast as I would like, but at least a little...

Some other things are taking up a lot of time, such as re-reading some of the other stories:
Cheetaur's Sabrina^2 and Sabrina^3, Zig Zag, and I just finished Gone Wylde, I'll probably start on From the Depths next...

So, why this:
The last few times I posted something like this, soon after my muse kicked my backside and forced me to sit down and write. Maybe this will help a little... Wink

Bearion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rant Central - Or why is the next chapter not posted alr Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
The last few times I posted something like this, soon after my muse kicked my backside and forced me to sit down and write. Maybe this will help a little... Wink

Get 'em, Sarah! Don't let up! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
What I think is that you had an excess of fun while writing this chapter. Laughing

Naahh... Wink

But I'm having a lot Twisted Evil of fun writing the next chapter. Shocked

It's only supposed to cover the events of the next day, but I'm not even halfway through and it is nearly long enough to be a full chapter already. I'll probably have to split it in two.

Serpentar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Concolor wrote:
What I think is that you had an excess of fun while writing this chapter. Laughing

Naahh... Wink

But I'm having a lot Twisted Evil of fun writing the next chapter. Shocked

It's only supposed to cover the events of the next day, but I'm not even halfway through and it is nearly long enough to be a full chapter already. I'll probably have to split it in two.

lol at that rate Sarah will never get back to work. Course I dont think she really wants to now. Kinda want to see ZZ studios reaction to Chris, ZZ prob will prob think to the tune of many digits of profit.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 4 is progressing, slowly. Sad
It will definitly be split into two. It's already longer than any other chapter and there is quite a bit more to be written. Surprised And I still have not had any idea on what titles to use for it. Confused

Sarah will have to get back to Columbus sometime. While Zig is quite generous, even that has limits. She is will (probably) stick to her original plan for the holidays.
One or two more chapters should cover the rest of the first part of her holidays.

As far as writing goes...
I'm not feeling too good at the moment, so there are two possibilities for the coming week:
I'm ill: In this case I might actually have quite a bit of time for writing, as I'll stay home.
I'm not ill: Then I'll be working a lot (>12h/day) away from home, I'm not sure if I will get any writing done at all.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Was out working the whole week, 12+ hours per day + travel times...
One would not believe how cold it can be in a communal heating plant.

I did not write a single line, I was so tired, I did not even manage to read the lastest chapter of Gone Wylde again... Sad

Speaking of which... it got me a little depressed... Left me wondering why I keep bothering writing that piece of crap I call my story...

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:

Speaking of which... it got me a little depressed... Left me wondering why I keep bothering writing that piece of crap I call my story...

Because its a good story that we all enjoy reading Nameless, so don't go and stop writing it or uh we'lll all lynch ya!!

SkunkFox

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkunkFox wrote:
Nameless wrote:

Because its a good story that we all enjoy reading Nameless, so don't go and stop writing it or uh we'lll all lynch ya!!
SkunkFox

Amen, Skunky!

Geez! I'll go hide for a while, then! Don't stop on my account! I love your story!

Bearion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:

I agree with SF: It *IS* is good story, and is begging to be told!!!

No comparisons now! Your story stands on it's own two feet. Quite well, I might add.

As for RL intruding: "Stuff" happens. We all understand when you're exhausted from working, the story takes a back seat. It's supposed to be enjoyable hobby, after all!

Rest up, and be cautious: Your muse may kick you in the tail to get you back in the grove... Wink

Bearion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:
As for RL intruding: "Stuff" happens. We all understand when you're exhausted from working, the story takes a back seat. It's supposed to be enjoyable hobby, after all!
Rest up, and be cautious: Your muse may kick you in the tail to get you back in the grove... Wink

Well, it was mostly RL bringing me down, anyway. Sad

My muse is still alive and kicking *OUCH*, maybe too much in too many different places. I've got so many different pieces of stories lying around, maybe one of these centuries I'll get something to the point where I can post it. Confused

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next chapter is progressing, I may have it ready sometime this week.

Had a bit of a slowdown yesterday...

Spent most of the evening reading Terry Pratchett's "The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents"...

Highly recommended. Laughing

Concolor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend, ANYTHING by the unparalleled Mr. Pratchett is highly recommended! Mr. Green
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
My friend, ANYTHING by the unparalleled Mr. Pratchett is highly recommended! Mr. Green

Unless I have completely missed something, I have all the books (at least those availiable in paperback).
They take up quite a bit of shelfspace... Very Happy

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least as far as my writing goes this was a good weekend.
I managed to write nearly 3 500 words ! Very Happy

Not bad, considering that I have not quite reached a total of 90 000 words for all my stories.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Concolor wrote:

Unless I have completely missed something, I have all the books (at least those availiable in paperback).
They take up quite a bit of shelfspace... Very Happy

HAH!

I have all the discworld books(the last 5 in Hardcover, and the Last Hero is big), the first Science book, Carpet People, The dark side of the Sun, Nanny Ogg's cookbook, the maps(The discworld, Lancre, Ankh-morpork, Deaths Domain) and a calendar...

I even have the stories 'Troll Bridge'(Introducing cohen the Barbarian) and 'Theatre of Cruelty'(with Carrot. you'll never want to watch another 'Punch & Judy' puppet show again)

For those who has no clue, I suggest www.lspace.org and www.discworldmonthly.org

Me, a fan?

Well, maybe I've written a fan mail or tow to the estemed PTerry..
(and gotten replies Smile

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: