Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What if??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristie_Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: What if?? Reply with quote

Ive been reading this Identity Crisis and almost done with the 1st act and so far I have had this intriguing questions lingering in my mind.

Would you give up everything you have and hold dear to cross over to another plain to start anew?

If you cross plain into this new furry world... what would you look like?

Would you have similarities characteristics with well known written characters like ZigZag and friends?

For me to abandon everything I currently hold dear to me and start anew on a different plain is up to question at the moment, if I say yes... I would miss some of my family dearly and few friends I have; if I say no, I will be still in the same situation i am currently in... pressure from my brother-in law, sister, cousin and cousin in-law about religion and with my whole family about political parties.

If I have chosen to cross over to a new plain and begin anew... I would like to think I would be a mix of mountian lion and rabit.

I think my similarities would be only contrast with my emotional behavior, I would think that best compramises me is both Cindy and Clarance from SToLS... I am very shy and not opean to the idea of opean sex (waiting for marriage or someone very special to give it to when ready)... but on the other hand very eager, trusting
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the group Kristie. Bear in mind (no pun intended) that Arden had no idea that he would actually be granted his expressed wish, if so, he may have given it more thought and worded it differently. Also, he probably had no thoughts toward any species change for meeting Shiela in his fantasy daydream. Your question though implies a conscious choice both to be transported and transformed, with no chance of returning. There are at least a couple stories around here where humans find themselves in a furry world without being changed physically (Jona Wolf's "Wild Rose Country" and Nameless' "Stranger In A Strangely Familiar Land", both still unfinished), one involving a time shift, the other being a dimensional jump like IC. Another I've read (on wood pulp) involving transport from a human world to... well, let's still say furry (though they're less anthro than these stories), without a change, is Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger series.

I haven't really given much thought to any particular furry species, I'm kinda stuck on dragons right now (though some dragons have been drawn with fur and/or feathers as well as, or instead of, scales).

I'm sure almost all of us would find ourselves missing at least some aspect of our previous lives. There's also the possibility in dimension-hopping (as seen in the TV series Sliders) that you could find yourself in a world with a set of laws that you might find hard to obey. What if you found yourself to be in a low class species in a very class-oriented society?

I'm similar in regards to your closing, can be shy, though online chats (text and voice) might be drawing me out some. And sex is reserved for marriage... if I ever find that "special someone".

Wow, that went longer than usual Shocked

Teric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very torn about making such a shift. I have a very good life here (been happily married 10+ years, have 3 kids). I would only go if I could take my family with me, and I don't know if they would want to go. Wink

Ever since I joined the furry fandom, I've always considered myself a dragon, even though it's not truly a 'furry' species. But I would love to see that world, to live in it, to see the diversity of species living together in society without prejudice.

Granted, there is still some racism (species-ism), but with the sheer diversity of species, the racial intolerance is much much less than what we see in the human world. That would certainly be a step in the right direction.

Identity Crisis was my first plunge into online furry novels, and I've been completely hooked ever since. If you like IC, then I highly recommend you also read:

James Bruner's 'Zig Zag: the Story' http://www.zzstudios.com
Chris Yost's 'Sabrina Online: the Story' http://www.chrisfoxx.com
Cirrel's 'Wilderhom' trilogy http://www.wilderhom.com

All of these are excellent reads.

mwalimu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
There are at least a couple stories around here where humans find themselves in a furry world without being changed physically (Jona Wolf's "Wild Rose Country" and Nameless' "Stranger In A Strangely Familiar Land", both still unfinished), one involving a time shift, the other being a dimensional jump like IC. Another I've read (on wood pulp) involving transport from a human world to... well, let's still say furry (though they're less anthro than these stories), without a change, is Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger series.

In this vein, there is also Greg Howell's Light on Shattered Water and its almost-finished sequel, Storms Over Open Fields. Another is Steven R. Boyett's The Architect of Sleep, which was supposed to be the first of a series of which the sequels were never published and may never be.

Teric wrote:
Ever since I joined the furry fandom, I've always considered myself a dragon, even though it's not truly a 'furry' species.

Most definitions of "furry" acknowledge that the "fur" part of the name is not to be taken literally, and species with scales, feathers, or whatever qualify just the same as furries.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I'm nearly done with chapter 1 of Human Memoirs at this point.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one constant theme of IC is a character being plunged into a series of events or situations that they had no preparation for. As you continue reading the series, you'll see that this theme continues through Acts 2, 3 and 4. As was pointed out, Arden had no clue that the amulet would actually grant his wish. Heck, he wasn't even consciously making a wish, it was simply an expression---thinking aloud type thing. Be that as it may, Lakash never lets such opportunities pass by.

Hope you continue to enjoy the story.

Cheers

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kristie_Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished reading all the acts and chapters available. This is very interesting but it seams to wonder off from time to time and I know that its in-complete at the moment and cant wait for the finishing of Act 4. Please keep up the good work.
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Kristie was asking was if you had the choice to would you?

As for me I'd be very tempted, but it would depend on whether I could take anyone with me, that is if they were willing to go themselves.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd go for it. There are people that I would miss deeply, but the chance to jump to a totally different frame of existence, with all of the new possibilities would make life MUCH more interesting.

Yeah, I'd jump ship.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: