Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A liitle question about Sabrina's medicine...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

[SNIP]

Because the stories are not finished, and in StOLS, Tabitha returns several times to refill Sabrina's prescription.

Nope, Tabitha never returned for that.

And you're right, there is no cure for Endometriosis in 1999, or in 2007. But come 2030, who knows where medical science will be? That's part of the beauty of science-fiction Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Oz Has Spoken!

So let it be written. So let it be done.

/bow

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
I am not going to reread StOLS just to point out where, but in the earlier chapters, where one "older lady" comes into play and "gives Sabrina the medication" several times.

I wish you would, even I don't remember those. That just about makes it sound as if Sabrina as a "connection" Smile

In past discussions (which thanks to Josh, those posts were deleted), it has been speculated that the 'older lady' was Tabitha.

Quote:
In Chapter 13 (bottom 1/4 of it):
Tabitha wrote:
Sabrina, a lot has happened in the past several years, Things that weren’t -- aren’t -- possible in your time are possible now. What you took was the first of a series of treatments that will cure your Endometriosis. It’s genetic, I had it too, but I don’t anymore because of that medication.

But above it, in the top 1/4 of it:
Chapter 13 of Tabitha wrote:
“Uh-huh,” Tabitha nodded as she removed her handbag and set it on the small table. “Furnishings courtesy my late predecessor, décor such as it is courtesy me.” She removed the small bag from within and from that removed an envelope of pills. She removed one and went to the sink to draw a small glass of water.

At this point, Tabitha is in her mid-30's? And she's still taking a pill?

Mid-late 30's. Pills still exist in 2030, I went with the cure being in pill form to make it something The Teeming Millions could accept and easily grasp right away.

Quote:
A series of treatments is not a cure if its ongoing.

You're right! In the case of this medication, it does require being taken on a regular basis (daily) in order to be effective. It's targeting the scar tissue in the Fallopian tubes and due to the nature of both the disease and the cure, it can't be rushed due to complications and possible side effects including, but not limited to, delaying or completely missing a menstrual period, runny nose, vomiting, feelings of anxiety or depression, suicidal tendencies, brewer's croup, fur falling out, and mammalian swelling. Your mileage may vary. See your doctor to see if this medication is right for you.

Quote:
Finally, in discussing this and other things with both Chris and James when I started my Tabiverse story, at the time they both stated that this cure would be a constant pill form. If I were to have proposed a more pernament solution for Tabitha to obtain from the far future, it may have been incorporated in the story. I did not choose that route because I did not want my story to interweave with the others, especially because James and I butted heads against the whole time travel thing. I incorporated my solution to the limits of time travelling, whether they use it remains to be seen. It may have since the limits of somebody from the future coming in to help Sabrina has exceeded the number of time travel jumps first stated as 'rules' in Tabitha.

The discussion between James and Chris themselves also do not agree with the flow of both stories, and note- Chapter 13 was posted without any of James' techno addition, that was all Chris there.

Yeah, and it really could've used his punch-ups! Smile

In The Grand Scheme of Things, essentially it's a science-fiction story that demands you suspend belief to a degree Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
The Great Oz Has Spoken!

So let it be written. So let it be done.

/bow

Yes, Divine One Smile

... or ...

It's good to be the king Smile
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
I dont see it that way. And until Chris Foxx fixes these issues in both stories and things start to line up, There is a big Question on said cure.

Chris is having problems with James putting in his part into the chapters since this last one. For what ever reason this maybe, is on them. Chapter 14 looks like is going on without James' input as well. How the story will flow remains to be seen, but as for a cure- an on going treatement is not a cure. A cure means that no more treatments are requried, and until Sabrina takes the last pill and is no longer required to do so again, she is not cured.

You are very correct! And she took the last pill in the now-famous Pregnancy Scare chapter, Chapter 40 Smile
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ChrisFoxx"]
Elfen_Furry wrote:

“Uh-huh,” Tabitha nodded as she removed her handbag and set it on the small table. “Furnishings courtesy my late predecessor, décor such as it is courtesy me.” She removed the small bag from within and from that removed an envelope of pills. She removed one and went to the sink to draw a small glass of water.

I just rescanned the story (twice, once last night and once just now, I'll get around to rereading it later) and I can't find where Tabitha's taking any pills, this instance is where she's giving Sabrina her first pill. As I said before, if Tab is taking medication, it's probably for something else.

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AmigaDragon"]
ChrisFoxx wrote:
Elfen_Furry wrote:

I just rescanned the story (twice, once last night and once just now, I'll get around to rereading it later) and I can't find where Tabitha's taking any pills, this instance is where she's giving Sabrina her first pill. As I said before, if Tab is taking medication, it's probably for something else.

Tabitha's done taking it. I never said how long ago, only that Tabitha was explaining as little as she had to to Iron Raptor shortly before he crashed and needed rebooting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: