Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 51
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RodTerl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Yaay 8) Reply with quote

Sabrina getting her own back at Mom.. and Cindy getting a real taste of what her life with Clarence would be like Cool

Thank you Chris for not giving up Cool

RodTerl

Chris.. Clean out The Pressure Switch.. Its got gunked up with mineral deposits.

Hortmage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly an outstanding chapter, Chris! Thank you for brightening my Thanksgiving holiday! Very Happy

Thanks also to Asalis for clearing up the confusion about that final quote. I wouldn't have thought of that strip, but I'm glad it was remembered.

A lot of tension and emotions in this chapter. Sabrina's relationship with her mother, while sad on the face of it, was very well written. It meshed well with the tension that Eric put out a year or so...a couple of years...Good Lord, has it been THREE YEARS since the dinner party showdown??? Shocked

Other than 1 or 2 incredibly minor nit-picks on spelling/grammar, this was probably one of the best written chapters of the entire series!

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Yaay 8) Reply with quote

RodTerl wrote:
Sabrina getting her own back at Mom.. and Cindy getting a real taste of what her life with Clarence would be like Cool

Thank you Chris for not giving up Cool

Thank, Terl! WTH have you been, man!?

Both of those were fun! Racky sure helped out with C&C, and the ride home was something I've had in the back of my peabrain for ages!

Quote:
Chris.. Clean out The Pressure Switch.. Its got gunked up with mineral deposits.

My pressure switch -- well, the tank's pressure switch -- is an electrical relay. Unless you mean the nipple it's attached to?

Oh HEY! [b]On {/b]Thanksgiving moring, the pump started working again! Go figure! And thank God!! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
Truly an outstanding chapter, Chris! Thank you for brightening my Thanksgiving holiday! Very Happy

My pleasure! I was hoping somebody would say that! Smile

Quote:
Thanks also to Asalis for clearing up the confusion about that final quote. I wouldn't have thought of that strip, but I'm glad it was remembered.

Shame on you! Wink

Quote:
A lot of tension and emotions in this chapter. Sabrina's relationship with her mother, while sad on the face of it, was very well written. It meshed well with the tension that Eric put out a year or so...a couple of years...Good Lord, has it been THREE YEARS since the dinner party showdown??? Shocked

Boy, I miss that strip ... people who know me (or who can figure me out) know why I haven't been able to read it for the past few years ... geez, six!? Has it been that long!? I never saw that one but someone did show me an earlier one from that series where Sabrina and Endora were arguing. That was a help in setting the stage between them.

I saw Endora as a nebnose, the kind of person who'll use your bathroom then neb around in the medicine cabinet Smile That I think I brought out okay in Chapter 50 (a little something for Endora and Steve Gallachi fans) Cool ). I had thought about having her say something to Chris in a back-door approach about his owning a gun, but I wasn't quite sure what to say then forgot all about it Sad (FYI: Chris owning a handgun (and I do!) came in response to a bit in Zig Zag: The Story in which James (I felt) rolled over in practically giving away his guns and rifles because ZZ didn't like them; Sabrina's not crazy about them either, but in a future chapter she'll learn to shoot it). The I thought about weaving her into the main character of the old BBC show Keeping Up Appearances and thought that part of her mixed with a little Hyacinth would be pretty close to Endora's character (Eric can correct me if I'm wrong!), add that with the slightly overbearing mom aspect and I'm thinking/hoping it worked!

A lot of what you read between them, especially the Saturday morning argument over the wedding invitations, was written by Racky. He jogged a LOT of the Writer's Block out of my way with that and a few other bits as well! Don't forget to thank HIM for helping out AND prodding me to be sure it got out when I said I wanted it out on time for Thanksgiving!

Quote:
Other than 1 or 2 incredibly minor nit-picks on spelling/grammar, this was probably one of the best written chapters of the entire series!

Wow, that's VERY gracious, THANKS! And I couldn't have done this one without Racky, that makes Chapter 51 the first chapter with co-author credits. Take a bow, coon-boy Cool

Quote:
Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

And to yunz! Happy Thanksgiving (late) and Merry Christmas!!

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

A lot of what you read between them, especially the Saturday morning argument over the wedding invitations, was written by Racky. He jogged a LOT of the Writer's Block out of my way with that and a few other bits as well! Don't forget to thank HIM for helping out AND prodding me to be sure it got out when I said I wanted it out on time for Thanksgiving!

I would have gotten away with it two if it was for you pesky kids!!!

Velma if your inertested just give me a call... please LOL

OH... its a GOOD thing.. i forget these days Wink yes it was very fun to write an argument bewteen the pair... Mother/Daugther ones can get VIOLENT!!

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Wow, that's VERY gracious, THANKS! And I couldn't have done this one without Racky, that makes Chapter 51 the first chapter with co-author credits. Take a bow, coon-boy Cool

Oh thats me isnt it.. ok

*BOWS... then falls into the the band beneth the stage*

Lets hope 52 is as well received Smile... and QUICKER... Wink

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos Chris and a tip of the hat to Rachy. Thank you both for get chapter 51 out when you said you would.

The tension between Sabrina and her mom was very believeable. But then anyone who is married knows how stressfull it can be to plan it. Also from Endora view point every mother wants her daughters wedding to be better than what her own was.

Ohhh Clarence you sly dog you Wink Looks like Clarence is coming out of his shell.

Loved the locked box with the note. And no Endora won't kill Sabrina over the pixxie sticks. She'll just get even the first time she babysits for Sabrina.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RodTerl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

Im wondering what Clarence had learnt while working at the studios, that he could use to his advantage with Cindy, in the far too short couple hours in the car. Cool

Then again.. Have to wait for other things for that.. Endora can always just name drop at a very inoportune time.. after all, if shes already selected the cards and dress and especially the location and food.. Sabrin is going to be particularly annoyed, but not capable of sating anything? 8}

RodTerl

Chris, my mums place in Ireland has pump in well. The electrical relay on it is connected to the house side of the feed line by a short neck, inside this is a Tiny hole.. You have to Fully Isolate the system from the power, take the fuse in your pocket, then pull the relay apart, the diagphram forms a chamber, if Im right, yours will be filled with soft gunk. You might have been lucky and had one grain of sand block it for a while.

Hope it clears up Cool.. By the way, while you got the electrics open, might be a good idea to retighten all the connectors and clean the contacts.

Wish you all the best this year and next. 8}

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Minnesota, we have an above-ground pump (in heated pumphouse) with the pressure switch right there at the pump and air bladder tank. At the house is just a breaker feeding the sub-panel at the pumphouse (2 ways to turn off power besides unplugging the pump/switch).
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Racky!

(No, I'm not going to say "Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat")

Didn't say it before, sorry, just got into the chapter too much. Congratulations on a great debut as a co-author, the whole chapter looks really great. Kudos to you for taking on the job, and Chris for letting an interested fan help out. Can't wait for 52!

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me either! And if we want it for Christmas then there's < 1 month to work! That's the goal, otherwise it may be for Boxing Day or NYE posting!
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chapter. Hopefully the next one will be out without taking so long. And good luck Chris on finding a new job.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Hound wrote:
Great chapter. Hopefully the next one will be out without taking so long. And good luck Chris on finding a new job.

Thank you, and thank you! Well, if I can keep my spirits up (and maybe make some money), you shouldn't have long to wait at all! Smile
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, Chris--have a steaming cup of Christmas Hot Chocolate, with a few freshly baked sugar cookies. Light the fire in the fireplace, sit back with the wife on the couch and enjoy. That's always good for a bit of Christmas Spirit, yes?
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Here, Chris--have a steaming cup of Christmas Hot Chocolate, with a few freshly baked sugar cookies. Light the fire in the fireplace, sit back with the wife on the couch and enjoy. That's always good for a bit of Christmas Spirit, yes?

Yep, it sure is!

Except I don't have a fireplace (dammit). Maybe in the middle of the living room. Long as I keep an eye on it ...
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Aladdins are wonderfully bright, about as bright as a Coleman lantern but without the pressurized (hand-pumped gas) fuel tank. One year when our power went out for at least a couple hours and Dad lit a couple Aladdins, a neighbor (1/4 mile away) called to ask if we had power since he saw so much light from the house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: