Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No blog, no answer, no idea...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: No blog, no answer, no idea... Reply with quote

Well, as I'm sure you've all noticed by now, my blog is gone. It's been several days since it happened and I wrote and asked why this was the case the very same day. I still haven't received an answer. Not to my email, not to the PM I sent here on Planetfurry.

Fikrann has informed me, however, that it appears as if Whip-Lash has blocked my ability to blog. I have received absolutely no explanation to why this has been done. Naturally, it could be a mistake, but in that case I am concerned about why I haven't gotten a response to my email or PM.

The bottom line is that the blog is gone. Fortunately, Fikrann was able to save everything I had written in my blog, somehow, and it will go up whenever I get my new site up and running. That's the final outcome of this, you see...

I'm finally getting an independent site. Fikrann has very kindly started work on it. It will look better...have more color and a nicer layout and a proper blog-tool. Hopefully it'll also include a gallery so I can finally show the pictures that have been drawn based on my stories, so far. They aren't many yet, but who knows...maybe I'll get more.

I do this with some trepidation...I admit that. I have no doubt that those of you who read my stories would still do so, but it will be very difficult to get new readers. How would they find the site? I don't know how long it'll be until the new site is ready and up on the net and I will continue to have Fikrann update this site weekly until then, I promise. When I do move sites...it'll be a smooth transition.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself there.

It's been a difficult decision to make, and I honestly don't know what will come of it, but I have made it.

It's a jump into the unknown. The only thing I fear is that in a year, I'll be posting and no one will be reading it...

Somehow, I don't -think- that will happen though...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had barely posted this before Whip-Lash sent me a PM. It seems he has no idea what's happened. Nonetheless, the idea for an independent site will go forward, even if this does get fixed...

Stay tuned...and hopefully I can get Fikrann to post this week's chapter tomorrow, as well as a couple of major corrections to AVC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect your new site will have a few links to it scattered about the Internet, Filly. It may not be the Yellow Pages or Yahoo Maps, but it's better than nothing...

SC

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course there's nothing wrong with keeping the current site as a link to the new one (whether as an automatic redirect or manually clickable).
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true, Amigadragon, and it is actually one of the things that Fikrann is thinking of doing. Anyway, Whip-Lash will get a PM from Fikrann about how to handle it all so it's out of my paws...thank goodness Very Happy
Fikrann

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aslaug.eu, new Filly's site, should function shortly.
For now, I will keep posting chapters to both sites, but I'm going to replace Planetfurry site with redirection page in a bit.

Forums stay here, though you will be able to post comments directly on the site.
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That .eu makes me think ew! Mr. Green Like something that went bad or something you might have stepped in. Wink

Oh well, can't say they were thinking ahead to URLs when they named the EU. Very Happy

Fikrann

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, no.. and I first attempted to get aslaug.org, but found out that all aslaug.[net|com|info|biz|org|us] belong to a squatter..

Squat on, squatter. Hope you'll starve soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: