Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Transitions 2'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Semper Fi Reply with quote

Regarding the Lieutenant with his head stuck up his ass:

I can understand why Leo isn't ratting on him- not that I wouldn't have, but with further thought on the matter, maybe I wouldn't have- for one, that might compromise him with regard to his own troops; how could they respect and obey him, if he fails to do as he's ordered within the chain of command? and two, expressing that he follows the orders given to him means that a) the jackass lieutenant can't *really* scrape him over the coals, and b) makes him look good to the brass. Additionally, to a smart officer (like the Captain seems to be), he shows up as being smart enough to be a leader- someone who knows when to keep his head down, metaphorically speaking, and yet someone who understands the lay of the land, too.

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Shadu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess he's fighting smartly. by doing all hes done he's managed to fight the dumb head stuck up his ass general without actually looking bad himself. that way he's managed to win the respect and admiration of his team eventhough they are not going through the happiest of times.
Folkert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confession time.

I have been lurking again.Embarassed

Um. Life kinda hit me with a 2X4. I have one of those 24/7 type oncall jobs and well my company decided to "Merge" with another. I have finally crawled out from under the 60-80 hour monster that has controlled my life for the past six months. It has allowed me to actually do something I wanted to do. Over the past couple of weekends and weeknights I re-read through all of the stories I was falling behind on.

All I can say is the more I read the more your characters come to life.

Secondly

Attitude wear is a great Idea.

Keep it up!

More comments to follow as I get time.
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful Folkert you'll end up like me crazy. Now that RL has agreed to settle down for a little bit. (Been working 12 hour nights since labor day) I've been able to do alittle reading.

Oy where to start. Well as always M'Lady you've managed to reach out and grab us by our lapples and give us a good and sound shaking.

Going back to when Emma'a apartment was vandlized. Sound like that some one needs to voluteer as test subjects for some new bullets I'm working on.

And as for the 1st Loo. Well he'd best be carefull someone might relocate that silver spoon with a frag grenade.

Keep up the excellent work M'Lady.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fikrann

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the lack of any warning, yesturday's chapter is already up.

Have fun reading.
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The return of The Bitch!
(I can't write more without spoiling it for everyone, can I? )

Another great chapter. Smile

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Fikrann

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
The return of The Bitch!
(I can't write more without spoiling it for everyone, can I? )

I think so, too.. That's why I keep not commenting on the chapters, as well. It doesn't feel fair writing about current situation, knowing what will happen 10+ chapters in the future..
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony said
Quote:
The return of The Bitch!

<grins>

You never know where that remotely deployable accident is going to turn up next, do you?

SC

shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grabs a hard hat and an air siren and looks out the window*
And yet another reason why I hate flying!
Never did turst airplanes much... ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fikrann

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Silver Coyote wrote:

You never know where that remotely deployable accident is going to turn up next, do you?

SC

Remotely deployable accident.. hah! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anyway, next chapter is up. Sorry for the delay, but I've been feeling like a barely warmed up zombie whole Saturday.. and I felt like retching every time I saw computer display... Bad case of 'it must be done for 8am tomorrow!' situation at work, you see..

'rann out (and falling down on her nose).
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Silver Coyote wrote:
Quote:

Well actually you really couldn't call it a remotely deployable. Especially since she needs a flight crew.

Oh boy M'Lady things seem to be looking up for emma.

It'll be interesting to see how things will work out with Leo and Lizzy. Hopefully he'll be understanding and supportive. But still what a way to find out on his way to war.

Keep up the good work M'Lady

Fikrann wrote:

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, but I've been feeling like a barely warmed up zombie whole Saturday.. and I felt like retching every time I saw computer display... Bad case of 'it must be done for 8am tomorrow!' situation at work, you see..

'rann out (and falling down on her nose).

Picks up Fikrann and dusts her off. Carefull dear you start looking to much like a zombie and you'll have Vee tring to recruit you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or even SonicBlu recruiting for his current or next zombie movie (currently filming Wormwood 2, see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0806215/ ). Wink

D.F. Thompson wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how things will work out with Leo and Lizzy. Hopefully he'll be understanding and supportive. But still what a way to find out on his way to war.

Umm, didn't you read this latest chapter? I got from Leo's introspection that he's merely considering how he'll reply to her letter to make it sound supportive and accepting rather than like a jerk.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is good, writing is slow, da Bears are 4 and 0...

I am bogged down in assignments but fortunately I have enough chapters to keep people reading until I get back from Norway. Which is good since frankly I don't know how much time I will find to write until then, except on my various assignments...

Hope you all enjoy this week's scribblings at least...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

always i think...
Fikrann

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forementioned chapter is now up. Go read!

On a side note, I suggest you grab the PDF version this time, since M'lady asked for ellegant script font to be used for Leo's writing.. and I doubt many of you have the font I've chosen. Actually.. I don't think there's even single script font in the seven basic fonts pallette that every browser on Earth is supposed to have... YMMV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 24 of 54

Jump to: